• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Just announced at the Google GDC 2019 Keynote

9hypgAM.jpg

LszKgvg.png

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
If Stadia works as advertised, it's kinda amazing we can play Doom Eternal on a toaster, lol

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This all sounds great but very few people are going to be getting 4K/60 at low latency

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Oh boy, why would I play this on my PS4 when I can buy Google's console and play it with horrific lag thanks to my shitty internet?

Deleted member 4072

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have 360 download 70 upload and I think PSNow streaming is absolutely horrendous. My faith in game streaming is rock bottom for the next 10-20 years at least.

Oct 28, 2017
Internationally, this is rad

In the US, this will be far from the ideal way to play

Our infrastructure sucks, largely due to intentional throttling by ISPs

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
kay cool, but with what internet speed?
I was under the impression that it wasn't speed that dictated how good a game felt. I don't really know much about streaming games, though.

I have 1000 up/down, and I have no interest in streaming games if I have a choice.
MCAvuED.jpg

BlinkBlank

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. I cant believe how this is going to take hold as of yet. Just seems too early for mass success unless at the market that they are targeting (hardcore gamers).

It might work if they were selling casual games, or only looking for very limited success in ultra-fast internet markets, but it doesn't seem like Google is going small on this one.

It will be interesting. I think there is a market for streaming games, just dont know how big it is yet.

Would the pending rollout of 5G help these types of services take off?

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was under the impression that it wasn't speed that dictated how good a game felt. I don't really know much about streaming games, though.

I have 1000 up/down, and I have no interest in streaming games if I have a choice.
MCAvuED.jpg

i kinda hate you....

but on topic, there is NO WAY the internet speed doesnt affect the quality of the stream

Cien

Oct 25, 2017
Project Stream worked wonderfully with minimal lag, and i tested it on connections far below 30mb.

I expect this to adjust visual quality to compensate for differences in bandwidth.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
This.

I'm definitely paying attention, but something about this all seems too good to be true for everyone. For a company that talks about inclusion, it appears that they're forgetting they're not the only player in this game (no pun intended).

I guess they can fast forward Google Fiber and include a console with the service.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Definitely interested in trying this. I have a 1080 in my PC, but that certainly won't be enough to play this in 4k/60. I'll be curious to see how it feels.

Hopefully my 100mbps connection will suffice and not have too much latency.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
2gbps so good to have now. Interesting that the FULL GAME is there to play today

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
I have 360 download 70 upload and I think PSNow streaming is absolutely horrendous. My faith in game streaming is rock bottom for the next 10-20 years at least.

PSNOW is the worst fucking thing you can think of to judge cloud gaming on.

Google, Nvidia, and now Valve are doing it with little to no perceptible lag. I've tried it myself, it's not hot air.

...of course, you need to hit the minimum internet requirements...