• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
Official Site: Slayers Club
The_DOOM_Slayer_Wallpaper_1920x1080.jpg

ACHTUNG: Tag spoilers please

Welcome to the DOOM Eternal Anticipation and Discussion Thread. Here you can discuss all things DOOM Eternal and more. Got any questions about the game? Ask away! Found some cool fan art you wanna share? Post away! March 20th is just around the corner and there's plenty of previews of the game on YouTube and other sites. Be mindful that some YouTube channels have started uploading videos that may be considered "spoilery" so browse with caution. Remember friends, times may change but DOOM is Eternal.

General Info:
Release date: March 20, 2020
Platforms: PC (Steam, Bethesda Launcher), Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Google Stadia
The Nintendo Switch port is still in development. Release date TBD​
Microtransactions: None
Cosmetics: Yes. Unlockable through gameplay
DLC: Two campaign expansions are planned
Pre-order bonus: Yes
doom-eternal-preorder-dlc-large.jpg

Alternate SKUs: Deluxe and Collector's Edition
DE_Rip_Deluxe_Edition_in-body_960x540_EN_2.jpg

doomcollector.jpg

EvycQmP.png

A Special shout-out to our friends in the Animal Crossing community as well.
A thread for Animal Crossing: New Horizons discussion can be found here

Last edited:

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Finally someone made this thread. I took off for March 20th. Cannot fucking wait for this game.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Got it pre-ordered. Forgot all about the Slayers Club stuff.
Will the unlockables work across systems if your Beth Account is linked?

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Pre-ordering this bad boy as soon as my payday arrives. Can't wait!

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
Went with digital deluxe on steam, got a collectors edition preorder too but had to cancel because of other expenses the next few months. That mondo steelbook is beautiful

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Here's hoping these run well on base consoles!

Every footage I see I'm like, yeah my PS4 is gonna explode if it did that shit.

Oct 25, 2017
I started poking around the Slayer's Club site again due to this thread and discovered that I won a "Battlefield Lithograph" in December! Neat. Never received any sort of email notice of this whatsoever and I have no idea if they even have my address on file or not. I just send an email to the contact listed on the contact page asking how this is going to go.

OP
OP
AgentStrange

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait, any word on when the pre-load goes up on PS4?
Negative
Any idea on the download size? Thinking about go digital with this one
Negative
I started poking around the Slayer's Club site again due to this thread and discovered that I won a "Battlefield Lithograph" in December! Neat. Never received any sort of email notice of this whatsoever and I have no idea if they even have my address on file or not. I just send an email to the contact listed on the contact page asking how this is going to go.
Each time you participated in a giveaway it prompted you to confirm your address and shirt size
Can't wait to be able to play this on my new build! :) Is RTX and DSLL coming to this game?
RTX will be available sometime after launch. Unsure about DSLL

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
I've been playing Project Brutality 3.0 lately to scratch my Doom itch

March 20th is so close I can almost taste it :D

Oct 31, 2017
I am starting to get pretty excited for this. It took me two years to finally get around to playing DOOM 2016, and I quite liked it, though it definitely started to wear itself thin by the end of the game. This though? This looks like a real winner, like they really saw what worked and what didn't in '16 and adjusted accordingly in all directions.

It's weird, back in 2004 I was way more excited for Half-Life 2 over DOOM 3 and after playing both, HL2 definitely was my preferred game. I think D3 is a good FPS, but HL2 is one of the best games ever made. Now we're here in 2020 and I feel virtually nothing towards Half-Life: Alyx and I'm sitting here super excited for DOOM: Eternal. I'm kind of thinking that the roles are going to be reversed this time around too, despite HL:A again going for the "innovator"/medium-pushing angle once again. I'm thinking that DOOM: Eternal is going to be the superior video game at the end of the day though.

It's once again a great time for FPS fans though, that much is certain.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Doom 2016 was a brilliant proof of concept

Doom Eternal fully realizes that concept, cranks it to 11. Really shows how confident the studio is. Rarely do you see a game where you can tell the devs truly loved the project and love coming into work every day.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Hugo Martin is the next big thing at Bethesda. He will be running the entire publisher soon. Mark my words.

alosarjos

Oct 27, 2017
Would love to get, but man, the price for EU on Steam... Haven't payed 60 € for a game before. And since the steam keys are only on steam, there isn't a single deal...

PD: Want to go Steam since Linux gaming

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
super hyped for the game. it looks amazing and i love how many new things they're trying. also love that they're talking so much about environment variety, 2016 was great but it was a bit samey across its levels.

Soooo excited yet dare I say I'm waiting for the Switch version to drop. Don't make fun of me.
same, very excited for the switch port. i hope it's solid, performance-wise.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Hugo Martin is the next big thing at Bethesda. He will be running the entire publisher soon. Mark my words.

I have slight "gamer crush" (something I made up) for this man. I don't like putting folks on pedestals or giving credit to just one individual, but have to give a lot of props to him. I really dig his vibe, attitude and overall philosophy towards games.

Definitely watch this Doom 2016 interview about if you haven't already

mogwai00

Mar 24, 2018
Was my most anticipated game of 2019.
Is my most anticipated game of 2020.

Don't disappont me, son.

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Pre ordered the deluxe version so I'm ready to GO! Then I'm going to double dip on the Switch version when it drops later this year 🤤

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My most anticipated game in years. Game looks so much bigger and bolder than Doom 2016 which was already amazing, but also a bit limited in hindsight. If that old 4chan leak is to be believed (and various very specific elements have turned out to be real), it's gonna be one insane campaign. And honestly, I can't wait. Only a couple weeks left.

Rikucrafter

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Australia
God I am sad that the game isn't coming to Switch day one like it was originally thought. I'm gonna fire up a go of Doom 2016 again to prep myself because I'm starting to feel mad hyped the closer and closer we get to release.

Oct 28, 2017
Super excited for Eternal, but will have to wait for the Switch version since the gyro controls are so much better. I fired up 2016 on my PS4 wanting it to feel OK, but it just doesn't.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I'm absolutely buzzing for this game and almost everything to do with it, but that HUD needs to go man.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Really excited for this game! Already played amazing last year, can't imagine what the full game will feel like.

I'm still looking for a good deal on the Steam version though, haven't found any yet.

KiDdYoNe

Oct 25, 2017
Haha, my friend has been telling me for all these years to buy Doom 2016 and I've been like meh. I was sick of FPS when Doom came out and completely skipped it. I ended up buying Doom few months ago for cheap and still shelved it untill now.
Well, what can I say. It's a great great surprise for me now. I'm still to finish the game but as soon as I was "okay, this is great" I opened up PlayStation Store and preordered. By the looks of it, Eternal will be even better so hype.

Jun 17, 2018
Couldn't get the 20th off which is a shame! Nevermind I'll just have to play after work. Does anyone know if the game will have a large day one update? If it does, I may ask the wife to pick my copy up and install it so it's ready in the evening.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Already pre-ordered and paid off the PS4 version. I have bought the back button attachment specifically for Doom Eternal. This will be soooo goooood.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Be sure to play the game on Ultra Violence or Nightmare, especially you PC players out there.