• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
From 4chan. I'll post more as I find more.
1581551669889.jpg

1581555945248.jpg

1581557107348.jpg

The BIG one
jXLnjNW.jpg

YES! YES! YES!

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I must not know enough about Doom because I don't feel at all spoiled by any of these. Cool art, though. Can't wait to rip and tear.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I must not know enough about Doom because I don't feel at all spoiled by any of these. Cool art, though. Can't wait to rip and tear.
Lmao same. I just looked at these and was like yeah this looks badass. Wouldn't have known they were even spoilery without the title.

OP
OP
CenturionNami

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Lmao same. I just looked at these and was like yeah this looks badass. Wouldn't have known they were even spoilery without the title.
The Icon of Sin is the final "boss" of the original DOOM 2, and a major figure, so in that context it's a large spoiler

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I have zero clue what i'm looking at. I just wanna be the shooty man who fires the big guns. Neat art though.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So wait, I thought the robot was evil at the end of the last game?
At the end of last game he was basically unchanged from the beginning. He starts as a pragmatist who believed he can use Hell's energy to solve humanity's crises and is ruthless about the use and discarding of the Doom Marine. He ends the game with renewed confidence (or recklessness) that he can still do exactly that. This isn't exactly evil, it's just ... he's a very ends-justify-the-means guy with delusions of grandeur.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah samual hayden wasn't specifically "bad" although he was doing some stupid fucked up shit.

ex: he's the reason you're there to stop the olivia pierced prompted invasion to begin with.

Oct 25, 2017
The spoiler isn't that bad if you consider
that this is doom 2

Good to see Hugo Martin remembered how to draw mecha from his work on Pacific Rim. Dude if there's a giant mecha -> even bigger mecha level that shit would be so fucking lit

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
The spoiler isn't that bad if you consider
that this is doom 2

Good to see Hugo Martin remembered how to draw mecha from his work on Pacific Rim. Dude if there's a giant mecha -> even bigger mecha level that shit would be so fucking lit
That mech art is attributed to Emerson Tung

MerluzaSamus

Dec 3, 2018
Holy shit. Cannot wait this is going to be crazy

Lorewise
Doomslayer has to kill his own child again huh?
I don't think that's the case.
The Slayer is not the Betrayer, you actually meet him on this game.
Which makes sense, every lore regarding our Guy is talked with awe or fear towards him, the past of Argent D' Nur is treated like any other story

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I for one welcome I robot overlords. Robotic enemies in games are really fun to fight if done right. Binary Domain and Boredlands 2 had really fun ones to shoot into pieces.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah samual hayden wasn't specifically "bad" although he was doing some stupid fucked up shit.

ex: he's the reason you're there to stop the olivia pierced prompted invasion to begin with.
Hayden's character concept is basically "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions," only literally, lol

Oct 27, 2017
It's not as major of a spoiler since I believe that was leaked a couple months back, but it's cool
to have confirmation.

It's also kind of weird though

I'm pretty sure the icon of sin was already dead in the original doom 2016. I thought you saw where it was located. So it's either being brought back solely as a cyborg (?) or the dimension hopping rumors are indeed going to be the canon part of the story. Or maybe both.

Oct 25, 2017
It's not as major of a spoiler since I believe that was leaked a couple months back, but it's cool
to have confirmation.

I'm pretty sure the icon of sin was already dead in the original doom 2016. I thought you saw where it was located. So it's either being brought back in a different way or the dimension hopping rumors are indeed going to be the canon part of the story. Or maybe both.
I think what you're referring too was just some
generic class of massive demon called a Titan, rather than the Icon of Sin specifically. I guess they wanted to evoke it though and it's probably a semi retcon that it's alive in this game.

You're talking about the level where you start above it's corpse and jump down the throat right? If I remember the lore talks about there being more than one real big boi

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Unless I'm missing something this isn't all that major, I mean
arch viles are in too and 2016 had the same final boss as OG Doom so it was reasonable to expect this.
Cool to have a confirmation though, can't wait.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty "meh" design for IoS i gotta say. But at least that beats shooting rockets in a wall.

Psyrgery

Nov 7, 2017
to have confirmation.

I'm pretty sure the icon of sin was already dead in the original doom 2016. I thought you saw where it was located. So it's either being brought back solely as a cyborg (?) or the dimension hopping rumors are indeed going to be the canon part of the story. Or maybe both.
If I recall correctly, in DOOM2016 was in a dormant state awaiting the moment to return, which is expected to be in Doom Eternal

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Found the thread on 4chan. Looked at all the spoiler images. My hype is even higher, if that's even possible.