• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

What you interfere with now is bigger than you can imagine.

DOOM Eternal at the Bethesda #E3 Showcase, live on June 9 at 5:30pm PT.

Super short teaser but it already looks hype. Also a better look at Sentinel Prime (?) and the Seraphim. Mural is almost complete btw!

xj4a3UG.jpg

Last edited:

curtismyhero

Aug 29, 2018
It's beginning. I know theres a guy in the suit, but that "eye shot" really did something for me. Not sure why, but I'm curious if they'll actually develop doom guy a bit in this one?

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
It's beginning. I know theres a guy in the suit, but that "eye shot" really did something for me. Not sure why, but I'm curious if they'll actually develop doom guy a bit in this one?

I really hope not - honestly we don't really need much of a backstory for him imo. He kills stuff and I don't want any emotional backstory to get in the way, it just doesn't fit with doom.

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
I really hope not - honestly we don't really need much of a backstory for him imo. He kills stuff and I don't want any emotional backstory to get in the way, it just doesn't fit with doom.

However, I would like him to be even more expressive than in Doom 2016. The little interactions he had were really good.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game is gonna be ridiculously over-the-top, and I couldn't be happier. Doom felt so great to play but it also felt fairly contained in scope - it looks like this game may fix that, too. Hyped.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Let's not forget this game has fucking Celeste platforming complete with multiple air dashes and floating dash refresh orbs because fuck you this is a goddamn video game

Hugo and friends comin' for the fucking throne

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
Cannot wait for this. Rage 2's combat is fantastic, but the level and encounter design are completely forgettable at best. I hope Doom Enternal hits on all cylinders again, as Doom 2016 did.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, pish posh! Doomguy used to be a passionate pet owner and a wholesome builder before this "Doom Slayer" nonsense turned him into a roid raging fool.
He would go through hell to get revenge for what happened to Daisy, his pet rabbit, and when it was all said and done, he was excited to get to work because he thought that "rebuilding Earth ought to be a lot more fun than ruining it was."

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now this will be one glorious ass game. Last Doom was IMO the BEST FPS ever.

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
I was sold on this game the minute they released the first teaser, I'm just waiting for them to let me give them my money! Everything about Doom Eternal is pure YES!!!

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
So hype for Doom Eternal.

Also imagine highly religious people walking by that mural and being shocked lmao

That mural looks lit like hell itself.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
However, I would like him to be even more expressive than in Doom 2016. The little interactions he had were really good.
I think what makes Doomguy work is that he isn't super expressive, he's just one note. His only feature is rage, only purpose to rip and tear. All of this batshit hell energy and Satan robots going on, yet Doomguy can't be bothered, he just punches the next elevator button into a hundred pieces. The goofy shit on the edges and mad angry serious barely a character dude at the center of it is a good mix of cool and outright silly that just works.