• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Yeah they played the game horribly when they were using a controller. I don't know if it was on purpose to fuel this "lol controller" garbage or the player just wasn't as skilled using one but I played the last doom on ps4 first and played it a lot closer to their so called pc footage. Obviously it's not 100% the same but for example in the controller footage he moved a lot less and stood still to shoot a lot. That has nothing to do with a controller's limitations, that's a player....not moving as much.

Oh ok, didn't know it was a comparison, I just watched this video. Yeah sure, you can play pretty well and do cool stuff con controllers but I get it now.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really liking all the changes and upgrades. Feels decidely old school but with all the modern bells and whistles. The gore upgrade for example is not just cool to see graphically but also tells you how close your enemy is to death without being overlty obvious like a healthbar over their heads or anything so overt. Even elements like the map screen feel like the harken back to the original games but make it a lot more user friendly and of course, shiny and cool. Even the quirky stuff like power ups such as the "Extra Life" show they aren't too afraid to be "gamey" with things.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Man this looks good. I guess I should play the first one on Game Pass huh.

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
I was thinking of how much the music rocks like the first one's did but then I remembered,Bethesda games in general, the sound mixing is generally very poor or theres something wrong with it, I have my PS4 set to send LPCM to my AVR and only Bethesda games need to be have a much lower volume because some of the sounds are far louder than others. This can't just be an issue I have with Bethesda games on PS4, does anyone have a solution? Do they mix their games more leaning toward dolby or DTS? Is that why the LPCM isn't normalized like every other game on the system?

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
So guys, do you all see the Doom Guy moves slower than in previous game? I mean, the basic run is slower. I compared the footage to the Doom 2016 and I can notice it easily.

spacer

Oct 30, 2017
Well shit.

Given that Doomguy now has the moveset of a Devil May Cry character, what with that Devil Bringer and Airdashes among other things, will we get a SSStyle Meter?

I still think this series would be made 110% better with a SSStyle Meter.
Style meters are horrible game design. I think it would be a terrible idea to add one to this game.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
i love how gamey as hell it looks, collecting a floating helmet to get an extra man had me as jazzed up as the sick shotgun grappling hook

get the hell out with this DOOM SLAYER bullshit bethesda

he's forever our doomguy

DOOMGUY
nah the demons being so fucking scared of him they give him the name doom slayer is way funnier than just calling him doomguy

hes the boogieman to literal boogiemen, its great

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
lol

F9M5npI.gif

BONK

Best part easily

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
So guys, do you all see the Doom Guy moves slower than in previous game? I mean, the basic run is slower. I compared the footage to the Doom 2016 and I can notice it easily.

Seems like a repeat of what they did for the 2015 reveal of Doom. A lot of purposefully slow movement and scrolling to give it that quote/unquote more "cinematic" feeling, although it did pick up more at the end. I imagine we'll be seeing proper completely unscripted gameplay similar in speed to the first game closer to the game's release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiinO9JPUGw&has_verified=1

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
Man the audio levels for music threw me off, so used to the previous game really kicking in. :P
Looks good!

Oct 26, 2017
Doom Eternal looks a bit more cartoony than Doom 2016. Not sure if that's good or bad. I'm really liking what I'm seeing nonetheless.

It is more cartoony but that's not just a callback to the old games, the brighter colors and increased contrast make it easier to move around with incredibe speed and verticality while keeping visibility high so you can be accurate.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Very nice, just what I hoped it would be: more of the same. The older I get the more I want games to be like this: to the point and densely designed.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I'm sure the same Bethesda that centered the whole Wolfenstein's 2 ad campaign about "fuck Nazis" it's gonna sneak anti-immigration shit into their games.

Yep.

Totally a sensible thing to believe.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Looks good

I didn't adore the last DOOM like a lot of people here did, but I did like it. It was a good, well made game, but it got kind of tedious after a while. I'm certainly in for this one, but it's not my most wanted game.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If I didn't have a girlfriend, I'd bring a first date to my house and show her these videos so she could see how far video games have come.
This is the weirdest.... what. So much to dissect here.

You would take your first date to watch Doom Eternal videos? And then she is supposed to realize how far games have come and be impressed now or something?

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
This is the weirdest.... what. So much to dissect here.

You would take your first date to watch Doom Eternal videos? And then she is supposed to realize how far games have come and be impressed now or something?

I knew I would have to explain myself, haha. It was from an old thread (honestly maybe from the old site) where some guy was asking what game he should show a date to show how far video games have come. LOL

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I knew I would have to explain myself, haha. It was from an old thread (honestly maybe from the old site) where some guy was asking what game he should show a date to show how far video games have come. LOL
Haha really? I must have missed that one. Guess I'll do some digging on GAF because that sounds classic.

sschol

Oct 27, 2017
The jokes definitely mean more than the team probably thinks they mean, or else they probably wouldn't be making them. Not happy to hear them, but not terribly suspicious either. I just hope they don't signal the tone of all the jokes in the game. I really liked the goofy corporate shit from the last game, but I would definitely end up pretty uncomfortable if the underlying joke of the game was that letting "demons" into our territory is destroying everything, and thst it's being sold as diversity.

The game looks seriously amazing though. I could barely believe how complex it's getting and how okay I am with that. The arcadiness is exactly what I wanted and I'm really excited to play with all those movement options, especially the grappling hook. Everything looks better and I am absolutely in day 1, from a gameplay standpoint this is what I wanted to follow my GOTY 2016

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
The jokes definitely mean more than the team probably thinks they mean, or else they probably wouldn't be making them. Not happy to hear them, but not terribly suspicious either. I just hope they don't signal the tone of all the jokes in the game. I really liked the goofy corporate shit from the last game, but I would definitely end up pretty uncomfortable if the underlying joke of the game was that letting "demons" into our territory is destroying everything, and thst it's being sold as diversity.

The game looks seriously amazing though. I could barely believe how complex it's getting and how okay I am with that. The arcadiness is exactly what I wanted and I'm really excited to play with all those movement options, especially the grappling hook. Everything looks better and I am absolutely in day 1, from a gameplay standpoint this is what I wanted to follow my GOTY 2016

I think you're overthinking things here.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I mean, why the quotes? They're literal demons.

Just like in the first game, where the UAC thought farming energy through portals to Hell was a smart idea. Humanity in DOOM are idiots.