• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah

Rip and tear me if old.

Edit: DOOM Eternal. Pls fix, mods!

Edit 2: 9am PT, 12pm ET, 5pm BST

Mod edit:
t1533916800z1.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More weapon variety and enemies roaming the level instead of teleporting in, and as far I'm concerned the game will become more or less perfect. Also the graphics are gonna be quite something, huh?

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
I'm not getting excited. Nope. You're not going to do this to me, I still remember last time.

I-dont-believe-you.gif

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i'd hate to be tasked with topping DOOM '16

kinda don't care about gameplay footage really, just want to know if it's a straightforward sequel or more of a co-op/gaasy kind of deal. thought it was suspicious they didn't lay it all out there at e3

WieDerrickWie

Jul 4, 2018
Take out the competitive multiplayer and give me coop. Don't care if its the singleplayer campaign or a separate campaign, just let me kill the demons with friends. Don't make it a simple horde mode thing either.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping for a bit less focus on arena battles, but honestly it'd be hard to improve on doom 2016

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

kinda don't care about gameplay footage really, just want to know if it's a straightforward sequel or more of a co-op/gaasy kind of deal. thought it was suspicious they didn't lay it all out there at e3

I mean they need a big showpiece for Quakecon. It makes absolute perfect sense to hold the game until then. Gives them more time to polish up whatever they show and the people at Quakecon are going to be your main audience anyways.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017

I'll let you interpret this and how this might apply to Doom given he says "our games".

GamesBeat: Is there some hope that Rage 2 can elevate this into something that's a more regular staple of the Bethesda lineup?

Willits (Head of id): Like all publishers these days, we want to have a longer tail on our games. We have some community ideas. We'll have some post-release content, some free and some paid. We'll figure that out when we get to it. You're always competing for your fans' attention and time. We definitely want a longer tail on this product. We're excited about it. It's very unique. It's different. It sits well with Wolfenstein, DOOM, Quake Champions, Rage.
Source: https://venturebeat.com/2018/06/19/tim-willits-rage-2-signals-the-golden-age-of-id/

Cort

Nov 4, 2017

They'll be fine as long as the core development team have stuck together and they didn't outsource its multiplayer to Certain Affinity again

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Will definitely buy if it doesn't have co-op. Don't care if it has a separate MP mode again, I ignored it before and I'll do it again. But if it has co-op then I'll likely just rent it if I decide to bother at all.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Should have called it DOOM 2: Eternal. Sounds more like an expansion or standalone title as it is

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I dont know much about Master Chief, but Doom Guy's gotta be one of the most powerful non JRPG characters in gaming, right? I mean, not many single handedly wipe out Hell's legions and then stay in Hell just to keep wiping them out.
He rips Chief apart with zero effort. He's pretty strong but not really to insane levels like JRPG chars.

Deleted member 42221

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
I'm keen to see new weapons in a Doom game.

Also I would love a DOOM RPG mode easter egg like that mobile game

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Hyped to finally see some gameplay, already imagining how gorgeous it's going to look. But I'm prepared for you to cut the feed on me Bethesda!

I dont know much about Master Chief, but Doom Guy's gotta be one of the most powerful non JRPG characters in gaming, right? I mean, not many single handedly wipe out Hell's legions and then stay in Hell just to keep wiping them out.
Master Chief takes him out with a single sticky nade, according to this scientific research:

Status
Not open for further replies.