• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Designing DOOM's single player as a co-op experience is a surefire way for me to never buy Eternal

I just want Hell on Earth, alone

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if the reveal of the Nvidia GTX 1180 coincided with this. Pretty sure Doom was the main game that showed off the power of the 1080 in 2016, they played it at like 200 FPS on stage.

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
Will definitely buy if it doesn't have co-op. Don't care if it has a separate MP mode again, I ignored it before and I'll do it again. But if it has co-op then I'll likely just rent it if I decide to bother at all.
Ah yes, Doom.

That sacred single player franchise that definitely didn't have IPX co-op out of the gate.

Bastos

Oct 25, 2017
I hope there are less kill rooms/arenas and more labyrinthine levels like the old Dooms.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
As much as I get that people get nervous of the idea of co-op somehow breaking doom's design, let us remember that Doom, Doom 2 and Quake all had co-op... and they are the best shooters ever made. Going back and co-oping them or .wads and eps is the best thing.

napkins

Nov 18, 2017
As much as I get that people get nervous of the idea of co-op somehow breaking doom's design, let us remember that Doom, Doom 2 and Quake all had co-op... and they are the best shooters ever made. Going back and co-oping them or .wads and eps is the best thing.
Seriously. Just give us the option. Players will make it work.

Scoops

Oct 27, 2017
While a meaty gameplay reveal would be nice, I'm really just hoping for some news on the the collector's edition. Bethesda usually puts out some great shit, as FO4 and Wolf 2 were some of the coolest CEs ever for a reasonable price.

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have a time for this?

More excited about this than I was for the Smash Direct and the RDR2 gameplay reveal.

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Yup. Its not like that Doom is a super duber story game... Just do it the old Halo way. Just have another Doom guy running around. Nobody will care.
Full Campaign Coop has to happen. Would give the game way more replayabilty. At least for me its that way.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Really looking forward to this.

Do we have a time for this?

More excited about this than I was for the Smash Direct and the RDR2 gameplay reveal.
These seem to be the times.

https://www.vg247.com/2018/08/06/doom-eternal-gameplay-reveal-livestream-quakecon-2018-details/

More precisely, the gameplay premiere will start at 9am PT, 12pm ET, 5pm BST. You'll be able to watch the stream on Bethesda's Twitch, and YouTube channels. We'll also embed the video player in this story when it's time.

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Doom 2016 quickly rocketed to one of my favorite games of all time. I was thinking while I was playing through it for the 6th or 7th time, 'if they make a sequel, I don't know how the hell theure going to be able to top this.' Thats the only thing I'm worries about . . . The first was soooooo good, I'm worried that they're not going to be able to capture that magic again. They set quite a high bar for themselves.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gameplay the day after RDR2 gameplay - brutal timing and there'd be no way whatsoever of predicting that!

~Fake

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hope no more 80GB patch downloads. Hated that in Doom 2016. Still hyped by the way.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait to see demons get ripped apart. Please let the first demon to die be the asshole named Archvile.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
I'm at Quakecon now, some photos including a Doom Eternal statue:

DkL7MbMV4AAaKZf.jpg:large

DkL7TcUV4AAMft9.jpg:large

DkL7VRKU8AEdR54.jpg:large

DkL7Xz1UwAEPOs_.jpg:large

Muad'dib

Banned
Jun 7, 2018
Hope Bethesda and Zenimax market the shit out of this game, after the abysmal marketing of Wolf2 and Prey, I need more SP games these days.

Mr. Tibbs

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to seeing what Eternal is. The suggests it's going to be supported for a long time.

Hope Bethesda and Zenimax market the shit out of this game, after the abysmal marketing of Wolf2 and Prey, I need more SP games these days.
I thought Wolf 2 had an excellent marketing campaign. It released on a particularly busy day though.

Psyrgery

Nov 7, 2017
I'm not getting excited. Nope. You're not going to do this to me, I still remember last time.

I-dont-believe-you.gif

That's exactly what I'm expecting.

I also am slightly worried that they may repeat this BS again but... well, back in the day Bethesda didn't have any confidence in the game, blocking the first reveal in 2014 to internet audiences, only promoting the multiplayer part of the game and not sending review codes until the day the game was released.

The game ended up being succesful and perhaps Bethesda has now enough confidence in the brand to show it to the whole world, I don't know I want to be positive on this one.

EDIT: Doom's official twitter account confirmed it will be broadcasted on youtube YAY! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.