• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"My sisters and brothers be thankful, they tell me the time has come for us, to give our souls to the cause. You will feel it shortly" - Olivia Pierce

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
Have they said if this will try to do multiplayer again?

If not, do you think they will even waste the time considering DOOM's multiplayer wasn't very highly regarded?

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Neither of which are what a shotgun is meant for.
Sure, but why would you bother going up to their face when you have better guns at mid/long range. Triple rocket/Gauss/Mini missiles are better suited for fatties, single rocket or shotgun explosive shot for smaller dudes like imps.

I only ever use it for pinkies

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
This was the greatest moment in the game and I knew I was in for a fucking ride (watch untill 07:33, included a bit before just go give more impact):

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Sure, but why would you bother going up to their face when you have better guns at mid/long range. Triple rocket/Gauss/Mini missiles are better suited for fatties, single rocket or shotgun explosive shot for smaller dudes like imps.

Why would you bother getting close?...in DOOM 2016....
QualifiedSpiffyIcelandicsheepdog-size_restricted.gif

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hopeful this game will be as good as 2016.

On the PC Gaming Discord we are currently discussing a dystopian version of this game.

A voiced protagonist (By Todd Howard)!

If you don't get a glory kill in a certain period (think like a shot clock) your character becomes uncontrollable and goes into a beserk frenzy until they get the glory kills you're clearly too shit to do.

It's now a Roguelike with randomly generated Doomgeons.

It's now a GaaS.

Note to Bethesda: Don't take any of these as good ideas.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I'm hopeful this game will be as good as 2016.

On the PC Gaming Discord we are currently discussing a dystopian version of this game.

A voiced protagonist (By Todd Howard)!

If you don't get a glory kill in a certain period (think like a shot clock) your character becomes uncontrollable and goes into a beserk frenzy until they get the glory kills you're clearly too shit to do.

It's now a Roguelike with randomly generated Doomgeons.

It's now a GaaS.

Note to Bethesda: Don't take any of these as good ideas.

Episodic content.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
But Doom'16 has already been GaaS? What is so bad about it?
Not for the SP, and frankly who actually stayed on for the MP of Doom 2016?

Oh and someone mentioned a Doom Dog companion.

Edit: The music helped Doom 2016 immensely so I understand what you mean above!

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Not for the SP, and frankly who actually stayed on for the MP of Doom 2016?

Oh and someone mentioned a Doom Dog companion.

Edit: The music helped Doom 2016 immensely so I understand what you mean above!

I didn't know I wanted this....now this needs to be in the game.

Tedmilk

Avenger
Nov 13, 2017
The only main thing I'd change would be to get rid of the rune trials as they ruined the pacing (and some of them were annoying as hell to complete). Those one-hit KO ones were awful. Just hide the runes in the levels as collectables please!

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017

The real reason why you should never use it is its laughable reload animation, which only gets worse with speed upgrades.

Doom II's six(?) frame animation looked and felt so much better, it's not even funny.

OTjw0jp.gif

Dec 6, 2017
US
I really hope they focused on less enclosed arena type combat scenarios with enemies actually roaming levels and placed for ambushes etc. like the originals. I'd be into giving this reboot franchise another shot if this is an actual step forward and not just sort of expansion-y like the original Doom II.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
upgraded Super Shotgun basically fucks up everything in Doom 2016 on Hard mode. Only time I switch from SS is the Gauss Cannon long range, which with the headshot/explosion modifer, just laughes at this game.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
The super shotgun might be my favorite weapon in Doom 2016 once you unlock the ability to fire twice before reloading.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, honestly looking forward to this reveal more than anything else shown this week, DOOM 2016 is one of the greatest shooters of all time, absolutely loved the game, and that soundtrack, just give me more.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The super shotgun might be my favorite weapon in Doom 2016 once you unlock the ability to fire twice before reloading.
This + the upgrade that gives you control over your double jump means you're like a really annoying speed demon who just hops right in the face of monsters and either insta-kill them with the two-shot or put them in a glory kill state. Double jumping over pinkies, turn around in mid air, put them in a glory kill state before you hit the ground...its honestly the most satisfying weapon in the game.

IDK what game Shugga played...but it wasnt Doom 2016

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doom isn't the only think they will show during the keynote, right? There will be ES: Legends and Quake Championship updates? Fallout 76 stuff?

Yes, honestly looking forward to this reveal more than anything else shown this week, DOOM 2016 is one of the greatest shooters of all time, absolutely loved the game, and that soundtrack, just give me more.

To me Doom: Eternal should be "More of the same as Doom 2016, don't change anything other than even more SP content".

I also really enjoyed the MP, just sad it died really quick.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
To me Doom: Eternal should be "More of the same as Doom 2016, don't change anything other than even more SP content".

I also really enjoyed the MP, just sad it died really quick.

I'm expecting the absolute worst for some reason. Campaign takes a backseat. Huge push for online. Not on Steam. That way there's nothing that can disappoint me.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
This was the greatest moment in the game and I knew I was in for a fucking ride (watch untill 07:33, included a bit before just go give more impact):

Yeah. I was covering the game for DF and played it before embargo. I remember a lot of folks behind the scenes, before having played it, that it would be a bust and not a good game. Most people didn't have it on their radar but I had faith.

I simply had no idea what to expect, though, and man...it blew me away. That intro in particular got my excited but the game itself went so far beyond expectation.

Status
Not open for further replies.