• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017

Black and White
Dots (?)
Retro console
Retro handheld (Gameboy)
VHS
to name a few.

Oct 27, 2017
That black and white mode needs to also have red, like in Madworld.

madworld-670791.jpg

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that music track is in the main game. Wonder if that's new.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
The fast pace and Youtube compression don't exactly leave a good impression on these modes. They sound interesting, though, especially VHS.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
This is like the reshade thing from Nvidia right?

It's neat but I tried it just a couple and had my fill lol

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Most of them are... pretty terrible? Like, I could barely tell a difference on the VHS, Cinematic and Gritty ones, to name a few.

Oct 27, 2017
May as well just be called green mode, because I certainly didn't have whatever super powered Gameboy that would have been running on

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
it is a weird conclusion to take from all those "doom ported to refrigerator" news we had, but i will take it

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone ever played with these filters? I always see these filters and it seems like more of a commercial than an actual mode that anyone ever uses

orava

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 10, 2019

ReShade

ReShade - Advanced post-processing everywhere.

Get "render modes" in pretty much every game.

Oct 25, 2017
Werent these already in the game? Or maybe this is their first time coming to console versions? I was playing with this stuff weeks ago. Couple of them are fun but most of them seem to exist for "haha neat" and turning it back off immediately. My favorite was probably VHS.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Terrible trailer to show these off.

Most were shown so quickly I couldn't even notice what was different about them before they moved in to the next one.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Lmao at the intense music, bloody action, and just seeing "DOTS" appear on screen

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Kinda wish the B&W mode was actually posterized to 1 or 2 bits instead of just being a grayscale filter. It might introduce visibility problems, but they could just have a disclaimer.