• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dirtyjane

Oct 27, 2017
My new (to me) ryzen 1600, 970, motherboard and ddr4 ram will arrive tomorrow!
Finally decided to upgrade for Doom Eternal!

Oct 27, 2017
Ironically enough, I didn't like doom 2016. To me It didn't feel as fast and frenetic and many made it seem. Further confirmed by me playing shadow warrior 2 and feeling like that was the better experience of the two.

Eternal seems to have more of the "just act, don't think" franticness that I was expecting from 2016. Might give it a go.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
First I am hearing of the invasion mechanic, sounds awesome.

Is there any gameplay videos or additional information on this?

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I don't know what happened but my copy got delivered today here in Aus. I was so pleased. I spent a good few hours this afternoon with it and have loved what I've played so far. I started out on Nightmare but soon found it was just too much for me and bumped it down to Ultra Violence. The game is already so much more batshit than the first, it's wild.

Loved the first Slayer Gate, loads of imps and those new winged imp-things that were all way more aggressive than imps were in the first game. Then suddenly some tougher demons showed up (including a kind I hadn't yet encountered) and it became an absolutely thrilling dance where I was regularly on the edge of death. I can't fucking wait to see what this game has up its sleeve.

Quikies83

Oct 25, 2017
Mississippi
You are correct.
Announced multiplayer mode are Battlemode (2v1 assymetrical where a Doom Slayer fights 2 demons) and Invasion (later this year, allows to invade the solo of another player).
Thanks - Invasion sounds really interesting.
I'll be honest tho, i'm not that interested in Battlemode.. The MP team deathmatch and free for all arena style 2016 game was sorta fun..

vacantseas

Oct 27, 2017
Great OT. I told myself I wouldnt be paying $60 for another PC game....yet after replaying bits and pieces of Doom 2016 over the past few weeks, I'm about to pre-purchase Doom 2020.

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
Guys be careful buying keys on sellers like fanatical and GMG. It looks like they are only selling Bethesda keys and not Steam keys...

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
First I am hearing of the invasion mechanic, sounds awesome.

Is there any gameplay videos or additional information on this?

We saw it briefly at QuakeCon 2018 IIRC but it's not actually in the game yet but will be a free post release update.

There's another "online" component though you can opt in day 1 with Empowered Demons. They're essentially AI demons that have killed other players in their campaign and can show up in yours, killing them nets a ton of resources and XP.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually really psyched for Invasion mode! All in all, can't wait for this game, it's gonna make this weekend so much brighter.

Been a long time since the Doom II shareware days for this child at heart. 😆

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
We saw it briefly at QuakeCon 2018 IIRC but it's not actually in the game yet but will be a free post release update.

There's another "online" component though you can opt in day 1 with Empowered Demons. They're essentially AI demons that have killed other players in their campaign and can show up in yours, killing them nets a ton of resources and XP.

That's awesome, thank you!

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
I'm never going to forget this memed crossover.

That said, I'm hoping to pick up this without to much trouble.

Still a 2/3 to the end of Doom '16.

Yippiekai

The Fallen
May 28, 2018
Toulouse, France
Thanks - Invasion sounds really interesting.
I'll be honest tho, i'm not that interested in Battlemode.. The MP team deathmatch and free for all arena style 2016 game was sorta fun..

I'm inrigued by Battlemode. Looks really fun to play with friends, might not so much with randoms (at least on the demon side).
But yeah, it's always fun to wreck someone who is not prepared for it.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You are correct.
Announced multiplayer mode are Battlemode (2v1 assymetrical where a Doom Slayer fights 2 demons) and Invasion (later this year, allows to invade the solo of another player).

Whoa. I had no idea invasion was a thing. So it's gonna be souls like invading? Except we don't gotta worry about meta builds I'm assuming.

Oct 28, 2017
I really hope the Master Levels come out at a decent clip. I'd love a reason to keep playing the game after getting every collectable and finishing the campaign on Nightmare. Multiple playthroughs of the same campaign without a NG+ style re-work doesn't do it for me.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Excellent OT. You guys are in for a treat. Also, if you want to avoid spoilers, do know that the streamer embargo (supposed to be lifted tomorrow) was seemingly ended early, so there's gonna be videos floating of endgame stuff as well.

I also completed the game 100% on Xbox One X, feel free to ask anything.

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
Demon Spawns! Another excellent OT that's tempting me to pre-order. Double Gah. Btw, AgentStrange that music recommendation was on-point. Synced up beautifully with the OT.

Yippiekai

The Fallen
May 28, 2018
Toulouse, France
Whoa. I had no idea invasion was a thing. So it's gonna be souls like invading? Except we don't gotta worry about meta builds I'm assuming.

Yep, like Dark Souls but you don't play as your character. You choose a demon (like those in Battlemode) and go straight in someone's solo game. The only goal is to break the Doom Slayer. The enemy will appear differently in the Slayer's game (like the powerful demons you can encounter where it says they killed another player) and you have a popup when someone invade you to prepare for a bit.
I really hope we will not wait for a year for the mode because it will depends on player population. But as long as people are there to be invaded, it will be fun.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
Serious question for those in the know:

how difficult is DOOM64?
Is it enjoyable enough to preorder Eternal for?
Because I'm considering passing on Eternal till it's on sale. Currently too much to play...

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
one hell of an OT

but doesn't asynchronous mean "not at the same time"? like those mobile games where you set up bases and others can attack them? or the AI battles in mortal kombat 11.
battle mode is not that, it's real time combat.