• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
From the comments Hugo Martin gave on his recent Noclip podcast episode, the refinement made to the combat seems really juicy.
I'm looking forward to play this one.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
My only complain is the HUD. It looks much worse than doom 2016 UI but i heard you can customize it so that might fix it

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
Look.......343i.....an fps that doesn't have sprint just a really fast base movement speed. Gimme gimme.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
From the comments Hugo Martin gave on his recent Noclip podcast episode, the refinement made to the combat seems really juicy.
I'm looking forward to play this one.
Can you do a little summary of these refinements?
Thanks.

There is any preview where the players just fight with weapons without using melee fatality? I want to see the improvement on dead animation, ragdoll, etc. (Also I'm just not a fan of melee finishers in a fast paced shooter)

Last edited:

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
I hope the HDR implementation is good. It will look glorious on an OLED holy shit.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Combat looks great. But god that UI is so damn bad. It clogs up the screen, looks cheap, clashes stylistically with the rest of the game.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
The only issue with Doom Eternal is that Tom Nook will only be in 1 game that comes out on that day rather than 2. Can't wait for this.

MikeSan

Oct 27, 2017
Liège, Belgium
I really don't like the fact the game could be twice as long as Doom 2016, the gameplay was really fun but the game was too long for his own good :/

Scanna

Nov 27, 2017
I really don't like the fact the game could be twice as long as Doom 2016, the gameplay was really fun but the game was too long for his own good :/
Honestly they tackled this in the presentation. They know this was one of the small issues from the first game, they said that this time it's going to be bigger but much more varied in terms of settings, situations and mechanics. They said some mechanics are going to be introduced in the latter half of the game to keep it fresh. For what I played (first three levels), the changes in scenery and situations were really noticeable, even inside the same level.

Oct 27, 2017
The campaign being longer is a turnoff for me. 2016 felt really long in the tooth. Hopefully they find a way to keep up the excitement throughout.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I'm gonna avoid seeing as much as I can. I know this game is gonna blow my mind, so the less I see, the better.

MikeSan

Oct 27, 2017
Liège, Belgium
Honestly they tackled this in the presentation. They know this was one of the small issues from the first game, they said that this time it's going to be bigger but much more varied in terms of settings, situations and mechanics. They said some mechanics are going to be introduced in the latter half of the game to keep it fresh. For what I played (first three levels), the changes in scenery and situations were really noticeable, even inside the same level.

Well if it's what they meant, I'm ok with that.

Twonny

Dec 12, 2018
I'm so stoked for this game. I think I'm gonna need to have to replay 2016 here in the near future.

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
After i watched Jacks video... Wheew, my hype level is through the roof now

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Wonder how the season pass unlocks work since the game (as far as we know) only has a finite amount of levels to play. At least in single player. It would make more sense if the game had some sort of random mission generator that creates new missions for you.
Or maybe you just unlock most of it by playing multiplayer.

As a fan of completely offline games I'm a little disappointed by it having a season pass, as that most likely means that content can't be earned offline.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see the "story" parts are used the same way as in 2016, purists don't need to freak out now lol

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I thought Doom 2016 was already close to perfection for how a raw FPS game should be (imo, obviously) - but this. This is just outstanding looking everytime they show it.