• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Could somebody do me a huge favour and gif the bit where he does the glory kill and bops the demon head BACK DOWN INTO his own body?

Thankyoupls.
lol

F9M5npI.gif

Best Glory kill ever.

SweetSark

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Duuuude yes, I'd love it if the angels looked like this

6972862000862dbb422345c18d0ab1fc.jpg

th
02-13-2017-cherubimsm.png

1431741763264.png

Frankly I wish Heaven looked more freaky and disturbing rather than clean and gold. Like a eldritch horror world but with feathers and some nice white drapes.

The funny thing is that the original visual origin of the Angels was like that!
They described them as faceless being with wings and a lot of eyes.
Also another origin they had was being described as Lizard alien creatures.
So Metal!!!!

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Duuuude yes, I'd love it if the angels looked like this

6972862000862dbb422345c18d0ab1fc.jpg

th
02-13-2017-cherubimsm.png

1431741763264.png

Frankly I wish Heaven looked more freaky and disturbing rather than clean and gold. Like a eldritch horror world but with feathers and some nice white drapes.
So Bayonetta?

All the gameplay looks incredible. Day one on Switch and Steam.

SweetSark

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
I was hoping Heaven would be the opposite of Hell. As in not tainted by either organic or machinery and just be pure one or the other.

To be honest, I just read in the Thread that maybe it isn't Heaven after all but related with a place which was in the Doom Novels.

But I REALLY want to be Heaven. We will see.

Cutebrute

Nov 8, 2017
Arkansas
I don't just want Bayonetta heaven designs here, but I must admit that would still end up being pretty great. I trust Id to make it work and feel special.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What about DOOM Eternals map design is so worrying?

Just the city map so far. It reminds me of Wolfenstein 2, which was a mess. Explorable maps in general are fine with me, I like what they did in Prey, Dishonored or Doom 2016 a lot!
But Wolfenstein 2 was a not working mess: No clear direction, rooms were often confusingly placed while looking similar to each other. You never had an idea if you were going forward, back or in circles. Visual guides (like light) that are there to help player navigation were often wrongly placed... Didn't like it at all. Add in the short pick up range (+you have to press a button to pick up health packs), randomly spawning enemies, having to search for "officers" and a lot more... The game didn't work out for me, just wasn't fun to play.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
So it looks like they ditched the single best design decision from Doom 2016 and you don't pick up health and ammo from glory kills anymore. At least it looks like it from the PC gameplay bit.
I'll be surprised if that's out, since it is stated in the Lore as one of the reasons why the DOOM Slayer is driven to kill all the demons.

Guardians

Banned
Dec 23, 2017
Can someone please explain to me what Doom Eternal is? Is this something like a Remake of the Domm from 2016, or is this a complete new game with a new story? Thanks :)

Apenheul

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
The first time I played through Doom 2016 on PS4 I thought it was pretty good, then I played through the whole game again on PC on Ultra Violence and it retroactively became my GOTY. I even bought and played through the whole game a third time on Switch.

Doom Eternal has a good change of becoming my 2019 GOTY even with all the competition.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
id seems to build their universe with everything that was officially released in relation to the franchise. This includes a series of 4 books that took DOOM in a very unique direction. If you're not gonna read the books and only want to know what I believe may have inspired the "Heaven" concept art, then read this:

This sounds convoluted and dumb as fuck to the point it doesn't even sound anything remotely like Doom. They are supposed to be following this?

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looked at the gameplay reveal and it doesn't seem like the suit is new, just modified. The Praetor Suit has some mythos to it. It wouldn't have made sense for a game leaning heavily on lore to completely dump it.

Oct 27, 2017
Looked at the gameplay reveal and it doesn't seem like the suit is new, just modified. The Praetor Suit has some mythos to it. It wouldn't have made sense for a game leaning heavily on lore to completely dump it.
It definitely seems heavily modified:
cqimk9wrbgf11.png

I find my self preferring the sleeker look of the original (especially the boots and the arms). Though I love the blade and the predator canon, badass af.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
I really need to go play the first Doom already. Been sitting on my shelf unopened (with all the rest of my backlog...sigh) for over a year now.