• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Hoped there'd be Deathmatch. Been playing ton of Doom again now that it's on Game Pass and it's been pretty fun

Griffins22

Oct 30, 2017
Replaying this game with the next gen update has reminded me how damn good it is. It really feels like a product where the artist's vision was fully realized.

ray_caster

Nov 7, 2017
RIP Invasion mode.

In all seriousness, I think the time for invasion mode has passed unfortunately.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Dude, the main game feels like horde mode already. Even on Hurt Me Plenty I feel like it takes 5-10 minutes of non-stop ripping and tearing before I'm done with many of the combat arenas.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Oh it's Single Player only?
Like a wave-based survival mode then without friends. Or basically arena fights from the main game I've experienced splintered into its own mode.
Something I won't play.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Edit
Misread the post

Perfect mode to add to the series, can't wait! I just need a PS5 controller that DOESN'T drift now.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I don't really get the folks lamenting "co-op" like this game is well designed for coop...

Anyways, Glad to see it. Doom eternal is a total character action game and horde mode is perfect for just getting in and shooting demons without the level design people complained about.

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
Shame about invasion. However, this sounds great too. Hopefully we get some sort of classic death match (and multiplayer gets cross play….)

Log!

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully the official horde mode starts out less ball-busting than the two mods by Proteh, lol.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really get the folks lamenting "co-op" like this game is well designed for coop...

Anyways, Glad to see it. Doom eternal is a total character action game and horde mode is perfect for just getting in and shooting demons without the level design people complained about.
This.

I don't even have a problem with the level design but if they're going to give me a mode with a higher concentration of the best aspect of the game I'll take it.

Cokesouls

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Oh fuck yeah hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahshahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahah

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
invasion mode scrapped was to be expected, hode mode will probably use the battlemode arenas. not a bad idea to be honest.

padsports

Oct 28, 2017
Doom Eternal is such an incredible polished package both from a gameplay and visuals point of view. It's great to see how the devs keep on delivering updates that improve on both ends.

padsports

Oct 28, 2017
Doom Eternal is such an incredible polished package both from a gameplay and visuals point of view. It's great to see how the devs keep on delivering updates that improve on both ends.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
That sounds a thousand times better than invasions. After playing a fair bit of the "slayer vs demons" mode or whatever they call it, I really don't think it would have worked. Having the campaign suddenly be interrupted by a spongey enemy that often times runs away would have been lame.

I can play a barebones horde mode forever though.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
The Slayer Gates are already a horde mode. Kind bummed it is not co-op and they just throw even tougher demons at you with 2 or more Slayers.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
tenor.gif

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Is there still a player base for that? I'll be all over that if that's the case.

I think depends on the time you play since I've been in full games plenty of times since it came on Game Pass and also empty games if I played in the morning but eventually found players.

Hoping Game Pass ups the multiplayer numbers a lot though

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finally started playing this game with the PS5 update and I already just can't get enough, fucking spectacular. So happy to hear that the game will continue to be supported, I see myself playing it for a long time.