• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Game of the Generation list;

1.) Doom Eternal
2.) Doom

For some reason I'm totally not feeling this one.

I get that people like this kind of gameplay, but I feel like a lot of franchises matured this gen, but DOOM seems to go all out with silly arcade-like and extremely exaggerating mechanics and shooting after the grounded and grim DOOM 3, which I like a lot more. This looks like a dark comedy rather than a hellish shooter with demons.

I think you got this last Gen. It was called Rage.

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Doom eternal looks sooo good!

i honestly think the Switch version will be optimized for the rumored pro model. It will probably work on switch and lite but at very reduced visuals

calder

Oct 25, 2017
This trailer just proved to me that I'm too old for twitchy arcade style shooters now lol.

I played Doom when it came out, but now I am old and decrepit and I need slower paced tactical FPS's with stealth mechanics so my tired old man reflexes can keep up.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
As someone who's not a fan of most modern shooters, I'm very excited for Doom Eternal. It's going to be an incredible game in every way. I'll most likely be getting it day one on PC.

Still really bummed (and very curious) about the Doom 64 Switch thing, though. It was supposed to be out on Switch last year, but it was seemingly held back to be a preorder bonus for Doom Eternal. But now that the Switch version seems to be MIA, I wonder what's to become of Doom 64 on Switch.

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD

I get that people like this kind of gameplay, but I feel like a lot of franchises matured this gen, but DOOM seems to go all out with silly arcade-like and extremely exaggerating mechanics and shooting after the grounded and grim DOOM 3, which I like a lot more. This looks like a dark comedy rather than a hellish shooter with demons.

Wish they did something more like Quake II and DOOM 3 with up-to-date storytelling and graphics.

Something more like two of their weakest entries in their legendary franchises? No fucking thanks.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I hate that the only way to get it on Steam is on Steam itself. Greenmangaming and everywhere else goes right to Bethesda. Ugh.

I have so many things that I want to play and beat. Shit, I still need to beat Wolfenstein Youngblood.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
The music was hype as shit.
Ohh man I actually forgot this was coming out so soon....if its as optimized as Doom'16 I am so ready for this.
Heard Doom'16 was amazing on PC I was forced to play on XB1(hadnt upgraded my GPU yet), but this time im more than ready for Doom Eternal assuming the rec spec isnt an RTX 2080.

Wish they did something more like Quake II and DOOM 3 with up-to-date storytelling and graphics.

The fuck am I reading?

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017

sorry DOOM isnt looking to make you cry so you dont have to feel inadequate for playng a video game

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
Not nearly as good as the E3 trailer but I'm still hyped.

That bit of soundtrack before the trailer was amazing though.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
People are downplaying how present the story was in 2016 Doom. Yes it wasn't in your face, but it was very much there. DoomSlayer isn't 100% driven solely by bloodthirst, he is aware of his surroundings and events.

It most likely will replace chainsaw.

Or have we seen chainsaw too in Eternal? I don't remember.

Could you pretty please trim title to just "DOOM Eternal - Trailer 2"? :b

Chainsaw is in the story trailer

Last edited:

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
Very impressive. Nice to see some of the story and special enemies worked into this trailer and it looks more interesting than I was expecting. Thus far I had only seen the incremental graphical and gameplay improvements, but this has me hype.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019

Sorry the game isn't out to be make you feel bad for killing demons and preach you about the immorality of killing, I guess

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Fuck, now I need new pants after watching that.

The only thing I don't like is being able to see DoomGuy's face. It makes him look less threatening in a way.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
Re-watching the trailer...Is the big demon that comes out of the portal with the red axe wearing old doom slayer armor? Was he a doom slayer that was turned into a demon?

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Jeez I really stirred the hornet's nest, it seems. Sorry for having an opinion that's different guys. I'm glad you're all liking the trailer. I don't. Hope the game is good though.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck, now I need new pants after watching that.

The only thing I don't like is being able to see DoomGuy's face. It makes him look less threatening in a way.
Really? I feel him looking at some demon like this with all this anger just makes him even cooler.
8xb3plnzusa41.jpg

Would be even cooler if you can see him do the sadistic smile he did in Doom 1 and 2:
1l0g77.gif

Dr. Doom

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This looks fucking incredible.

There aren't many games that interest me in 2020 but Doom Eternal takes the very top of the list. I have zero doubts this will be THE best FPS to play this year.

I love how they are going in greater detail with the story and lore in the sequel. Cannot wait.

Dr. Doom

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Really? I feel him looking at some demon like this with all this anger just makes him even cooler.
8xb3plnzusa41.jpg

Would be even cooler if you can see him do the sadistic smile he did in Doom 1 and 2:
1l0g77.gif
If that visor was black he would look more of a badass. Giving him an identity weakens the legend that is the Doomslayer.

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
8xb3plnzusa41.jpg

1l0g77.gif

Yeah I don't like it, it kind of 'humanizes' him instead of him being a faceless demon-killing machine. It's a minor complaint, Doom 2016 is probably my favorite game of all time.

Oct 26, 2017
Not the first time they release a trailer without the Switch logo. They're just promoting the SKUs releasing on March 20th. Switch will get stuff once a release date is finalised. Private Division did something similar with The Outer Worlds, and the Switch version is supposedly releasing this quarter (it also got recently rated in Taiwan / Korea, can't remember which one right now).
Hopefully.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017

what am i reading