• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
id assisted, probably pretty heavily, them develop it though(they have a studio there), which is why it feels very Doom-ish and like a separate game from everything else in RAGE 2
According to everything they've said about the development of RAGE 2. Id consulted, calling their contribution anymore than that would be a stretch: https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/0...dios-id-working-with-them-on-a-creative-level

For better and for worse, RAGE 2 is Avalanche's game, through and through. Just like Arkane consulted on Wolfenstein Youngblood.

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
I've watched this about 30 times now. Other times I just listen to the audio while browsing other tabs or working.

Might be time for me to upgrade from my £3 mouse and get a proper gaming mouse (and a mousepad).

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Looks like they are going in on the story more which I'm hoping doesn't break up the flow of the game. I also find the HUD really garish looking last time I saw it, which I'm hoping is changed by its release.

Everything else is pretty hype, though.

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019
Even if the game doesn't live up to what I expect, if it isn't that good (I'm expecting it to be good), god is the soundtrack going to fucking go in. All I need.

GIVE ME IT NOW.

Edit - woops meant this for the OST thread but what ever, point still stands... INJECT IT IN MY VEINS

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
id assisted, probably pretty heavily, them develop it though(they have a studio there), which is why it feels very Doom-ish and like a separate game from everything else in RAGE 2
According to everything they've said about the development of RAGE 2. Id consulted, calling their contribution anymore than that would be a stretch: https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/0...dios-id-working-with-them-on-a-creative-level

For better and for worse, RAGE 2 is Avalanche's game, through and through. Just like Arkane consulted on Wolfenstein Youngblood.
Adding to this, I beat the game last week, and in the credits the id side of things is pretty short.
NWPNgtT.png

The only people from id credited on rage 2 that are missing from this screengrab i grabbed off a youtube vid are four people under "Special Thanks"

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
The shooting has id written all over it!!
I literally posted the credits a post above yours, do you think the game is lying or do you think id's IT Department is actually code for "Shotgun Development Wing"

idk why this is so hard for people to wrap their heads around, its not like anyone went "idk about DMCV i mean, Itsuno was responsible for the combat in DmC". Same situation, one studio with experience consulted on another and the other studio learned from it.

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
So have they mentioned if doom eternal relies on battle arenas? That was my one gripe with 2016, it didnt feel like classic doom knowing there werent many monsters just roaming the level.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
I literally posted the credits a post above yours, do you think the game is lying or do you think id's IT Department is actually code for "Shotgun Development Wing"

idk why this is so hard for people to wrap their heads around, its not like anyone went "idk about DMCV i mean, Itsuno was responsible for the combat in DmC". Same situation, one studio with experience consulted on another and the other studio learned from it.
I didn't see your post.

That explains it's horrible state.

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
Modern DOOM has maybe the most self aware and honest creative team in that tier of gaming and you people are worried.

Bring all the prophecy nonsense you can, iD. This will be to Army of Darkness what DOOM 2016 was to Robocop. All hail John DoomSlayer, sadistic eyes glaring from the depths of the helmet visor.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
It might be just me but I feel like many of the first person animations look quite poor. Take the three sword swipes that you see at the end of the video, they look very stiff and awkward. The animations don't seem to ease in / out appropriately and lack weight.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Love the music, the lore looks awesome but the trailer wasn't as big for me as for many of you it seems.

I can't put my finger on it but it was ok at best imo.

I love, really love, storytelling, cinematics, etc. in games but isn't that a bit much for Doom? They made fon of these kind of games in the 2016 version and now they're making 3rd person cutscenes? This feels to much in your face in contrast to 2016s more "it happens around you" approach.

I'm sure i'll love the game but i can't help how i feel.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Where is the best looking version of this trailer? Just the official youtube channel?
Can't find anything on gamersyde.