• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

Yep.

I feel bad for the artist to be honest, that was dumb from whoever thought they should play that song over DOOM. It's a bold choice to be sure, courageous even.

DoublePayje

Oct 29, 2017
Between cutting out the two staples of Doom, it's gore/violence and Mick Gordon, you would think this was done in purpose. This has to fit in a standard ad block for television, and both those features would be a bit too much I reckon.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
How are you about to have such a killer soundtrack, and release a commercial with a song that doesn't fit whatsoever.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
The few people that still watch television long enough to get commerciels aren't ready for Mick Gordon.

Oct 27, 2017
Budapest
Imagine the reaction of the people who will buy the game after this trailer only to realise that it is full of industrial metal and gore. Wondering who came up with the idea though, someone from Bethesda or someone from id? Anyways, I hope that id software can become an independent, self-publishing studio in the long term. They are basically carrying Bethesda lately and I am kinda worried when the latter's greed is going to screw everything up.

TheClaw7667

Oct 25, 2017
DOOM Eternal has got to be the most advertised game Bethesda has ever done for a non- Bethesda game.

I haven't been this hyped for a game in a very long time so it's definitely working.

Oct 25, 2017
There are games that go absolutely stellar with rap, and work really well.

Doom's identity is inseparable from metal, so this would never work. The Doom 2016 TV spot was bleh too, Bethesda can't seem to get promoting Doom on cable right.

Then again, only boomers are still watching cable TV so whatever.

mattyhochs

May 9, 2018
All they had to do was show highlights of someone playing very well in their combat arenas while the Mick Gordon soundtrack plays. How do you fuck up this bad?

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
How the fuck do you have this game's soundtrack at your fingertips and advertise with that instead

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
alright even if you wanted something more "mainstream" for a tv ad or whatever... why would you pick a song that is pure snooze throughout the ads 30 seconds runtime. like is there not a part later in the song where it pops off or

KiDdYoNe

Oct 25, 2017
Even though I kinda get the point of Mick Gordon may be a bit much for TV nowadays but god damn it's Doom.
Terrible choice, there's probably something out there that will fit a lot better.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bethesda and Shit marketing for something not from BGS?

A team as old as time

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
TV ads are not really for us.
Their marketing Dept chose right.

lol, i dont get this - doom 2016 is well beloved and the music is one of the pillar reasons- you think "normies" wouldnt like doom music?

but, well, it's not even that they didn't use Mick Gordon, they just chose a totally unfitting song.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
That ad is so dumb, like some marketing idiot looked at the game, probably the most heavy metal looking game ever made with an even heavier soundtrack and thought: "You know what this needs? Hip-Hop! That'll get the Fortnite kids to play Doom!" Talk about fundamentally misunderstanding what the fuck your trying to sell.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
edit: beaten, have this instead

ERlnBhuXUAAVWC5