• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Plum

May 31, 2018
In with the CE/DE announcements it seems that Doom Eternal will be recieving two seperate single-player DLCs within its first year:
  • DOOM Eternal Year One Pass, granting access to two single-player Campaign expansions, set to release within one year of DOOM Eternal's launch
You can get it in either the Collector's Edition

DE_CE_BNET_in-body_960x540_EN_2.png

or the Deluxe Edition:

https:///wp-content/uploads/2019/06/DOOM_Eternal_Deluxe_Preorder_Vanity_EU-796x935-01-EN.jpg

And separately as well, of course.

What these DLC will be is of course a mystery but I thought that this was new thread worthy either way considering the prior game never recieved SP DLC.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Have they put up a retail price for the Collectors' Edition yet? I actually want that fucking helmet

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not every game needs singleplayer dlc, or dlc at all, DOOM was fine as it was because instead of making more story parts they moved straight to the sequel with those resources

But they did dedicate resources to a multiplayer that was already dead by the time the DLCs dropped. I had to review DLC1. It was still manageable, but matchmaking times were brutal on X1. In DLC2 I could barely find an online match, I spent most of my time playing against bots. By DLC3 we didn't even bother reviewing anymore, it was clear to anyone the game was dead and buried multiplayer-wise. I really enjoyed said multiplayer but clearly there was no interest by the general public, while people were craving for more SP content.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
But they did dedicate resources to a multiplayer that was already dead by the time the DLCs dropped. I had to review DLC1. It was still manageable, but matchmaking times were brutal on X1. In DLC2 I could barely find an online match, I spent most of my time playing against bots. By DLC3 we didn't even bother reviewing anymore, it was clear to anyone the game was dead and buried multiplayer-wise. I really enjoyed said multiplayer but clearly there was no interest by the general public, while people were craving for more SP content.
Well, at least they learned, more of that good singleplayer stuff and maybe an improved multip as well

Nov 4, 2018
I'm curious to see how multiplayer offerings aren't being handled this time as I'm pretty sure they're making it in-house this time. Also I wish I could get that lore book without having to also get the helmet. Helmet's cool and all but I don't have the space for that kind of thing.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
If theres any MP that Doom Eternal should have in the future, its CO OP. It lets eveyone enjoy the same mechanics and fun of ripping through the hordes of demons.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Based on previous Bethesda quality... I don't know if I trust that helmet.
Haha, yeah I actually feel the same with most CE's, the majority I feel like end up being junk. Some people like to display them tho, so that's cool. I only ever bought two really big CE's, Destiny 1 and CoD BO3. Destiny 1 came with a bunch of stuff, including a little Ghost thing. BO3 came with a mini-refrigerator, which I still use! Perfect for sitting under my desk at home and filling it with bottles of water or some string cheese lol

I could see me buying the middle-tier of this game, that comes with the year 1 DLC. $200 is a big ask, even for a game I know I'm gonna like, and I know I won't put that helmet on display or anything.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
...and I know I won't put that helmet on display or anything.

This is exactly why I won't buy it... I enjoy buying Collectors Editions of high-end / unique games that have items that are worth displaying. The Death Stranding one is fantastic, God of War Stone Mason edition was great, but I just know this helmet will be cheap, just like the Fallout 4 Pip-Boy was.

I am also very disappointed with the Cyberpunk 2077 collectors edition, I really thought I was going to buy it... But that statue has no relevance to me at all. I wish they would have stuck with the lady with the blades.

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Well I'm weak but for the first time in my life I rewarded a scalper. Damn that collectors edition for selling out so fast

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
No worries. I'm expecting 100gbs of multiplayer dlc that's mandatory as well.