• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Went back to this tonight and did the first hell level. The right with two summoners was absolutely brutal but managed to get through. <3 Chaingun

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whoever designed the rune trials needs to be ripped and teared. Such a bullshit aspect of the game.

Try to do the Blood Fueled one without auto aim on the small Switch screen with those tiny joycon sticks...

Narasumas

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Melbourne, Florida
Multiplayer is soooooo good on this! Loving it so far. There def is a good share of glitches so far, but nothing gamebreaking. Lot of fun.

Looking for people to play team-based objectives with. Add me: SW-4638-1204-1225

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
Multiplayer is soooooo good on this! Loving it so far. There def is a good share of glitches so far, but nothing gamebreaking. Lot of fun.

Looking for people to play team-based objectives with. Add me: SW-4638-1204-1225

How are the multiplayer numbers? I loved the multiplayer on the ps4 but it was basically dead. May pick it up for the Switch if the population is high.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
How are the multiplayer numbers? I loved the multiplayer on the ps4 but it was basically dead. May pick it up for the Switch if the population is high.
Team Deathmatch fills up quick. Multiplayer is super-fun, and the only other shooter competing with DOOM is... Splatoon 2, I guess? Seems like there are plenty of people playing DOOM MP on Switch. It's great fun.

Pez

Oct 28, 2017
Doom MP is fantastic, love playing it on Switch!

Do we know when a patch is coming out for this to fix audio issues?

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
Doom MP is fantastic, love playing it on Switch!

Do we know when a patch is coming out for this to fix audio issues?

I had massive audio issues (especially the one with the loud CRACK and silent speakers afterwards) but, to my surprise, they are completely gone after I disabled CA.
That was right after I entered
hell
Either they stealth released another update for the game in the mean time (I'm on 1.1 now) or it really did work. disabling CA, I mean.
oh and a (very) nice side effect is that the game also looks a lot sharper.

anyways...I remember a tweet saying that they are working on fixing the audio and other issues. that was maybe 2 weeks ago or so (?)

Narasumas

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Melbourne, Florida
I'm more concerned about the loss of controls in menus bug.

Yeah I experienced that upon first boot of the game. I spent maybe an HOUR trying to figure out how to just accept the terms and conditions at the title :/

The face buttons worked, but nothing directional and I thought it was a user error on my part somehow.

Hard rebooting fixes the problem and I haven't encountered it again yet (although there are plenty of other bugs).

Nategc20

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
*Single deathmatch is trash (lobby times)
*Aiming sucks (Still playing with this)
*Default Right trigger to rip/tear feels off
*Textures gets PlayStation one tier. (Buggy)
*Lots of clipping (Buggy)

The multiplayer is the gem here for what it is. It could easily be looked over by the likes of overwatch or call of duty on the ps4 and Xbox one and feels tacked on in general to the single player on those consoles, but for the switch? It feels surreal. Most matches are legit and intense as any other multiplayer game I've played recently. It feels like a mini Titanfall or Quake. The game could use a patch or two but it's a really good multiplayer deathmatch game so far. It's by far the best handheld multiplayer shooter I had ever played. I'm already seeing leagues and clans getting formed. The multiplayer is clicking.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
It's already out of the German charts. Really hope they were satisfied with the sales. I want more Bethesda games on Switch. Skyrim seems to be doing really well though.

Narasumas

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Melbourne, Florida
*Single deathmatch is trash (lobby times)
*Aiming sucks (Still playing with this)
*Default Right trigger to rip/tear feels off
*Textures gets PlayStation one tier. (Buggy)
*Lots of clipping (Buggy)

The multiplayer is the gem here for what it is. It could easily be looked over by the likes of overwatch or call of duty on the ps4 and Xbox one and feels tacked on in general to the single player on those consoles, but for the switch? It feels surreal. Most matches are legit and intense as any other multiplayer game I've played recently. It feels like a mini Titanfall or Quake. The game could use a patch or two but it's a really good multiplayer deathmatch game so far. It's by far the best handheld multiplayer shooter I had ever played. I'm already seeing leagues and clans getting formed. The multiplayer is clicking.

It really is frantic and fun. But not without its share of glitches. All this is doing is teasing me for wanting a COD/BF/Overwatch on the system next.

Hope it stays active for a while. I'd like to play this on and off for the next good while (at least till one of the other franchises I mentioned makes the cut).

skullwaker

Oct 25, 2017
Currently in A Brighter Tomorrow, and as much as I'm loving this game, I really hope they patch it soon. The audio bugs in particular are really off-putting. I'm not sure what's worse, the audio cutting out for indefinite amounts of time or the jarring buzzing sound that plays randomly.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
I forgot how long these levels are when you're trying to collect everything. I forget, though, if you miss something in one level, can you just collect it on a revisit and quit, or do you have to reach the end again? The game's so fun that I don't mind either way, but it's good to know.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did not read any reviews of the port but did anyone mention all these bugs? It's a damn mess.

Got the controller bug and I can't fix it. I already restarted the Switch 5 times in different variations and it still doesn't let me use my left joycon when it is attached. I can't use it to navigate the menu or play the game. Right at the start of the fucking weekend, thanks!

Last edited:

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
Played more this morning. I honestly don't even notice the FPS now. All I notice is SMASH RIP TEAR SLAY BLOOD EXPLOSIONS
You get lost in the action! very enjoyable

Did not read any reviews of the port but did anyone mention all these bugs? It's a damn mess.

Got the controller bug and I can't fix it. I already restarted the Switch 5 times in different variations and it still doesn't let me use my left joycon when it is attached. I can't use it to navigate the menu or play the game.

same thing happened to me but it fixed after the first restart. haven't experienced it since. Digital or physical? ... might be worth trying a re download?

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017

Got the controller bug and I can't fix it. I already restarted the Switch 5 times in different variations and it still doesn't let me use my left joycon when it is attached. I can't use it to navigate the menu or play the game. Right at the start of the fucking weekend, thanks!
Question is, did you really shut the Switch down. Did you hold down the power button (at the top near the volume controls) for several seconds, then select power options and then power off? It's just that people often think they shut the Switch off when actually they haven't

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Currently in A Brighter Tomorrow, and as much as I'm loving this game, I really hope they patch it soon. The audio bugs in particular are really off-putting. I'm not sure what's worse, the audio cutting out for indefinite amounts of time or the jarring buzzing sound that plays randomly.

Both DOOM and Skyrim need significant patching.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Question is, did you really shut the Switch down. Did you hold down the power button (at the top near the volume controls) for several seconds, then select power options and then power off? It's just that people often think they shut the Switch off when actually they haven't

Yes, I am not an idiot...
I turned it off 3 times using the power options and turned it off twice by keeping the power button pressed for a longer period. The game is just buggy as hell (pun intended).

I fiddled with the joycon setup and got it somehow working again.

You get lost in the action! very enjoyable

same thing happened to me but it fixed after the first restart. haven't experienced it since. Digital or physical? ... might be worth trying a re download?

Physical.

skullwaker

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the game last night, just in time for Xenoblade 2. What a fantastic romp. Easily one of the best FPS campaigns I've ever played, and I can see myself going back to it in the future. Still have to try the online as well.

Both DOOM and Skyrim need significant patching.

Skyrim is this bad? I'm still planning on picking it up eventually, but that's disappointing.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, I am not an idiot...
I turned it off 3 times using the power options and turned it off twice by keeping the power button pressed for a longer period. The game is just buggy as hell (pun intended).

I fiddled with the joycon setup and got it somehow working again.

Physical.
Didn't think you were, lots of otherwise savvy people get specifically this thing wrong, you'd be surprised.

Glad to hear you managed to get this working in the end.

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
Finished it today and it was pretty good but somehow a bit lackluster(?),"short" and ridden with (audio) bugs.
The bosses are some of the lamest I have ever encountered in a video game.

tipp: turn off AC in the graphics settings. game is way sharper then.

correojon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What an awesome game, I just entered hell but have already played like 12 hours, I'm going slow trying to find everything and beat all the challenges, replaying missions when I miss important stuff and am loving more and more the game every time. The level design is superb. Weapons, monsters and mechanics are amazing and everything compliments the rest like a big puzzle. Action is frenetic, I'm getting a huge rush of adrenaline with every encounter. And all the game intrinsic details are so gamey! Like having to complete challenges to upgrade weapons and runes, the old school secret levels... It's amazing how the game teaches you to play it, I died 4 times in the first serious encounter, but once I could beat it I finished the level with no problem, just because I had finally learnt to keep moving, to prioritize dangerous enemies and to use grunts for glory kills and health refills. And then, the game keeps on introducing new stuff like weapons, secondary attacks, new monsters... while at the same time nudging in the right direction to learn about them via weapon challenges.

If it weren't for BotW and Odyssey this would be my GOTY. Oh and a small little detail: I don't like FPS games!

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The "pop the balloon" challenge is such bullshit. Even after 3 precision shots from the Gauss and 2 rockets, the Mancubus is surviving minutes of pistol shots just to die from another rocket I used...

Died 3 times trying that bullshit challenge, the pistol is way too weak and there is no way to gauge the Mancubus heatlh, even after staggering he can take so much damage.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got to pick it up , I've played through doom 2016 twice on ps4 and this is every bit as good as the original .

Yes it's blurrier
Yes is 30fps and not 60

But it still feels just as smooth and fast paced as the original .

I've yet to try the multi, I never really gave it a chance on the consoles but I will definitely play it more here .

Also keen to jump into the arcade modes. Portable doom is just amazing , it's the best looking games on the system thus far imo . So glad I decided to rebuy, this game will be on my play list for awhile .

Only issue i have encountered is a sound bug (lost all sound). So hoping they patch that soon , otherwise an amazing port .

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got to pick it up , I've played through doom 2016 twice on ps4 and this is every bit as good as the original .

Yes it's blurrier
Yes is 30fps and not 60

But it still feels just as smooth and fast paced as the original .

I've yet to try the multi, I never really gave it a chance on the consoles but I will definitely play it more here .

Also keen to jump into the arcade modes. Portable doom is just amazing , it's the best looking games on the system thus far imo . So glad I decided to rebuy, this game will be on my play list for awhile .

Only issue i have encountered is a sound bug (lost all sound). So hoping they patch that soon , otherwise an amazing port .
That sound bug seems to pop up every now and then. Just reload the checkpoint. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

Glad you're liking the game, though!

Oct 27, 2017
Henderson, NV
Question for the Doom vets. So I'm pulling my hair out playing the Kadingir Sanctum area. Am I going crazy? I'm playing an area where it starts off with one summoner, kill it, and another pops up with two hell knights in tow. Okay, I kill the hell knights and it seems like TWO MORE come after me whenever i chase the new summoner. I just died and I think there were 5 hell knights on the screen. Am I doing something wrong here? I remember the first time I tried this level, I was just down to one summoner and nothing else, but no more than two hell knights ever appeared and one other summoner. What the hell? this feels incredibly cheap. Suggestions??

EDIT - just powered through it. Such an odd area. They just pummel you with Hell Knights.

Last edited:

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
Question for the Doom vets. So I'm pulling my hair out playing the Kadingir Sanctum area. Am I going crazy? I'm playing an area where it starts off with one summoner, kill it, and another pops up with two hell knights in tow. Okay, I kill the hell knights and it seems like TWO MORE come after me whenever i chase the new summoner. I just died and I think there were 5 hell knights on the screen. Am I doing something wrong here? I remember the first time I tried this level, I was just down to one summoner and nothing else, but no more than two hell knights ever appeared and one other summoner. What the hell? this feels incredibly cheap. Suggestions??

EDIT - just powered through it. Such an odd area. They just pummel you with Hell Knights.

Doesn't the summoner summon more hell knights if you don't kill it fast enough?

My most hated enemy till I ran into several pinkies without chainsaw gas and high power weapon ammo. these things are almost impossible to kill with a shotgun.

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't the summoner summon more hell knights if you don't kill it fast enough?

My most hated enemy till I ran into several pinkies without chainsaw gas and high power weapon ammo. these things are almost impossible to kill with a shotgun.
Agreed, fuck pinkies! Does anyone know a better weapon for them? The shotgun is utter shite.

correojon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Agreed, fuck pinkies! Does anyone know a better weapon for them? The shotgun is utter shite.
Not sure about this, but I managed to kill 2 faster than normal with the shotgun by shooting at their back. Dodge when they charge against you and then shoot them in the back. You could also use the stun shot from the Plasma Rifle to freeze them in place. One of the loading tips says that if the Demon has a head that will surely be it's weak point, so maybe some demons have other weak spots...

Edit: also if they hit a wall when charging they become stunned.

Deleted member 5159

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so, i just got this one and my impressions are kinda mixed so far. the gameplay is awesome and i have no issue with the aiming using joycons whatsoever, the framerate is perfectly fine, super fun, no issues there.

the bluriness in handheld mode (havent played it docked) is really anoying though, i disabled ca and lowered the motion blur but the vaseline effect is giving me headaches literally. such a pitty, so close and yet so far i feel..

maybe some games arent really a fit tech wise on the switch :\

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Pinkies are armored in the front but weak in the back and flanks. Dodge their charge and shoot them in the back, I actually mainly use the shotgun for them. A explosive shot will do wonders on their back.

B. Spaceman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spain
Would you recommend this game to someone who is not really that good at FPS games??

Bananastand

Oct 26, 2017
How is the multiplayer doing? I enjoyed that aspect of the game way more on my Switch because there is nothing quite like it on that console.

correojon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Would you recommend this game to someone who is not really that good at FPS games??
I suck at fps, haven't played many and I'm having a blast with this game. I'm playing in Normal and dying many times at some encounters , however this is like Bayonetta or Dark Souls, in the sense that when I've beaten an encounter I've become better and can later come back to it and beat it easily on my first try.
I'm not good at aiming with twin sticks, but the "wide" weapons and the game being based on mobility help a lot to nail all shots. Also, apart from combat there are a lot of secrets and exploration so there's that.
If you like a challenge and are the kind of player that perseveres until you become better you'll love the game.

buxtoc

Oct 29, 2017
UK
No horizontal invert makes this very difficult for me to play. My muscle memory gets the better of me in frantic enemy encounters. Really hoping the option gets patched in but am doubtful it ever will.

B. Spaceman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spain
I suck at fps, haven't played many and I'm having a blast with this game. I'm playing in Normal and dying many times at some encounters , however this is like Bayonetta or Dark Souls, in the sense that when I've beaten an encounter I've become better and can later come back to it and beat it easily on my first try.
I'm not good at aiming with twin sticks, but the "wide" weapons and the game being based on mobility help a lot to nail all shots. Also, apart from combat there are a lot of secrets and exploration so there's that.
If you like a challenge and are the kind of player that perseveres until you become better you'll love the game.

Yeah I suck at aiming with sticks too, that's what I'm most worried about... And I don't really want to play on easy, it feels like cheating to me. I'll think about it more, thank you for the replies :)

Deleted member 5159

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i tried it, it helps with the blur but the game looks really really flat, now i understand why bethesda showcased it in handheld mode. anyway, from now on ill try to be more picky with resolutions on the switch as i got burned with snake pass too. looks fine on the telly but not undocked.

i think that 600p undocked,720p docked are the bare minimum i can handle on the console. anyway, good that some people are able to enjoy it, i wish i could as i think the game is very good and want to support bethesda ports but alas