• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Virtu Al

Oct 25, 2017
Italy, Rome
Got this on a sale a while back and just started playing, finished first mission. Been a while since I played a FPS in general and not sure I've played a hectic one like this! Movement feels great tho and love the gyro. Getting the first few upgrades made a big difference.

It just gets better, really. I personally love how frenetic it is and yet it also gives you the time to explore the levels and rewards you for it. it's like they took quite a few hints from Metroid Prime while keeping the Doom feel intact.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It just gets better, really. I personally love how frenetic it is and yet it also gives you the time to explore the levels and rewards you for it. it's like they took quite a few hints from Metroid Prime while keeping the Doom feel intact.
Some have said it feels like a Nintendo game and I can see where they are coming from!

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Got this on a sale a while back and just started playing, finished first mission. Been a while since I played a FPS in general and not sure I've played a hectic one like this! Movement feels great tho and love the gyro. Getting the first few upgrades made a big difference.
You're gonna have a blast. Enjoy!

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
So I am playing this on PS4 after years reading that the game is amazing. There is no PS4 OT so I will comment here.

Ok, 1/3 of the time I am walking through corridors that will eventually lead to demons. That's fine. 1/3 of the time I will be killing the demons. I guess that's why I play this, right? The other 1/3 of the time I spend walking for the second, third, fourth time through the same corridors trying to find a way to go somewhere. Why? Because more often than not the game shows me a way, I walk through the whole map again thinking that I finally found my way only to get there and get a locked door/gate that isn't shown on the map (not talking about those that you need a colored keycard to unlock). My god the map is awful. The compass is unearly useless.

I'm on mission 3 and it is already annoying me, I just want to kill demons and not spend minutes trying to figure out a way to get there. I have never had this problem before in a any game. Am I missing something? Is there a way to blow up doors so that I can get past them lol? I just quit the mission with one demon nest (or whatever it is called) missing because it is locates 20 meters after a vault/door that is on fire. There is an access room where I can use my hands to try to open but it says access denied. There has to be another way around but Ive walked everywhere and can't find it. Earlier in the same mission I waa stuck but ended up finding a way (twice), so now os the third one and I cant deal with it anymore today.

Doesn't seem like "the greatest fps campaign" or "amazing gaem design" for me. Great mechanics though (getting health packs and ammo by killing demons (glory kills/chainsaw).

correojon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I am playing this on PS4 after years reading that the game is amazing. There is no PS4 OT so I will comment here.

Ok, 1/3 of the time I am walking through corridors that will eventually lead to demons. That's fine. 1/3 of the time I will be killing the demons. I guess that's why I play this, right? The other 1/3 of the time I spend walking for the second, third, fourth time through the same corridors trying to find a way to go somewhere. Why? Because more often than not the game shows me a way, I walk through the whole map again thinking that I finally found my way only to get there and get a locked door/gate that isn't shown on the map (not talking about those that you need a colored keycard to unlock). My god the map is awful. The compass is unearly useless.

I'm on mission 3 and it is already annoying me, I just want to kill demons and not spend minutes trying to figure out a way to get there. I have never had this problem before in a any game. Am I missing something? Is there a way to blow up doors so that I can get past them lol? I just quit the mission with one demon nest (or whatever it is called) missing because it is locates 20 meters after a vault/door that is on fire. There is an access room where I can use my hands to try to open but it says access denied. There has to be another way around but Ive walked everywhere and can't find it. Earlier in the same mission I waa stuck but ended up finding a way (twice), so now os the third one and I cant deal with it anymore today.

Doesn't seem like "the greatest fps campaign" or "amazing gaem design" for me. Great mechanics though (getting health packs and ammo by killing demons (glory kills/chainsaw).
A HUGE part of the game and why the campaign so well regarded is the level design. You shouldn´t feel like you´re just walking down corridors between arenas, you should instead be looking around all the time for secrets and finding hidden paths with rewards. That will help you to get to know the level and find your way around it. I hope you can wrap your head around this way of playing because the game is really awesome and you haven´t seen anything yet!

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
A HUGE part of the game and why the campaign so well regarded is the level design. You shouldn´t feel like you´re just walking down corridors between arenas, you should instead be looking around all the time for secrets and finding hidden paths with rewards. That will help you to get to know the level and find your way around it. I hope you can wrap your head around this way of playing because the game is really awesome and you haven´t seen anything yet!

I do that, always finding new stuff, its great in general. Till you are stuck in front of a locked door that is shouldn't open, based on the map. At least walking ia fast so it doesn't really take much time to go to the other side of the map but it's still frustrating.

I just hate the map and the compass because they mislead you more than help... I am playing one mission per day, won't stop playing.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
There are no words that can express how much I love that

They're not just talking about what the Marine did, but

they're talking about what YOU/the players did!

-----------

Recently got back into this game. I feel it controls a lot better in handheld mode. The motion controls feel much better there.

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
The motion controls work best when playing portably I think, but if you can manage to prop your arm against a pillow or your couch while playing docked with a Pro you can get some really nice results.

I own this game on the PC and PS4 but I've not gotten the furthest on the Switch version lol!

Looks like I'm finally gonna finish this game! Hell it only took 3 years!