• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't Era have a banned sites list yet? We've already gotten a handful of VGChartz threads I think.

Also, how the hell is VGchartz still a thing that exists?

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece

Grandpa_Pixel

Nov 10, 2017
United Kingdom
To be fair, the majority of people who wanted to play DOOM would have bought it by now (before Switch release). Especially as it was down to £9.99 here in the UK. I bought it on the Switch as I wanted to show support to Bethesda as I did Skyrim. But I have a strong feeling the same will be said for Rocket League's retail release, Wolfenstein 2's release and (assuming it gets one) Yooka Laylee's retail release.

FrostyLemon

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've been very eager to see sales figures for this on Switch, as it's one of the first big 'tests' for third party sales in the AAA space. It nearly meets all the criteria for a good case study.

1. Critically acclaimed
2. Sold well on other platforms
3. Current gen title
4. Decent port job considering the hardware it's on
5. Not much competition from other FPS

The only things it had going against it were

1. The price
2. It's a year old and cheaper elsewhere

Regardless, I think it's a good test for big third party western publishers.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
To be fair, the majority of people who wanted to play DOOM would have bought it by now (before Switch release). Especially as it was down to £9.99 here in the UK. I bought it on the Switch as I wanted to show support to Bethesda as I did Skyrim. But I have a strong feeling the same will be said for Rocket League's retail release, Wolfenstein 2's release and (assuming it gets one) Yooka Laylee's retail release.
Rocket League however isnt the type of game you just beat and never go back to. Also if I'm not mistaken it's the same price across all stores while Doom is a game that on the other platforms can be found for less than the Switch full price.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vgchartz makes predictions, they sometimes use real sales but they add predicted sales over that number. So they are always unreliable.

Never use it as a factual source.

Status
Not open for further replies.