• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
It really has.

Now I'm looking at every single game and thinking why isn't it on Switch so I can play while I'm stuck in traffic, waiting for a meeting or just chilling during lunch and want to keep myself occupied.

Damn you, Nintendo. You ruined gaming for me.

Ulairi

Oct 30, 2017
It really has.

Now I'm looking at every single game and thinking why isn't it on Switch so I can play while I'm stuck in traffic, waiting for a meeting or just chilling during lunch and want to keep myself occupied.

Right there with you

Chris~BigK

Oct 27, 2017
SLC, UT
This is slowly becoming me. If it can look and run decently on the Switch, then I may choose to buy it there rather than on my PC or PS4.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Sub 30fps/HD is quite a sacrifice for DOOM, might be worth to dust off the old PS4 and pay $5

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Same.

I want everything on switch now.

It is hard to go back, harder to make purchases on other systems now

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Um... Are you playing while driving? Lol

I actually know someone who did that for 3DS and got a ticket lol

Oct 25, 2017
It really has.

Yeah, that seems safe...

Aslo I disagree whenever I'm playing in handheld mode I just want to play on a bigger screen.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't play games while you're driving. I can't imagine the kind of traffic scenario where it would be ok to take out a gaming machine and play for more than a minute at a time.

Pretty confident he is in public transport.

If that was the case there'd be no reason to specify playing in traffic. You would just play.

Stuart

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You might be interested in a PS Vita and the remote play feature. Entire PS4 library on the go.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I think it's cool that ports like that are coming to the Switch, but I'm more interested in playing larger console games on my TV instead of on the go.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It really has.

The many compromises that had to be made to make Doom run relatively decently in handheld mode kinda answered this question for me.

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Similarly, this is me with the PS4/Vita combo. While not as free roaming as the Switch, all my "hot spots" I have set up when I am away from home, and when I am at home, I use remote play 90% of the time I play ps4. It's a real game changer, I can only imagine how awesome it is on a switch, being able to be literally anywhere.

Apath

Oct 25, 2017
Did people just discover the concept of portable gaming?
This is a step above standard portable gaming. It's playing a current-gen AAA title on a portable/home console hybrid.

The Switch is an amazing piece of hardware. It's too early to call, but it's looking to be my favorite console.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Let's not get crazy.

It's cool that the switch is doing really interesting things, and it's amazing that Doom is the way it is on that platform, but let's also not forget that it's the worst version of that game. Playing things on the go is neat, especially when it galvanizes the idea of social playing via wireless lan, but I still want my doom running at 120fps at 4k before any sort of mobile version.

The indie selection for the switch, however, has been a godsend. Playing stuff like Golf Story or Battlechef Brigade in bed has been a pretty amazing experience, but those are also games where fidelity isn't really an issue.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh I know the feeling. I love the Switch for the freedom of how and when I can play. I haven't touched my other systems in months.

Enforcer

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah every game is perfect for the Switch. It's like an 80+ metascore game becomes 98+.

I threw away all my other systems when I realized this.

Raysoul

Fat4All Ruined My Rug
Oct 26, 2017
OP didn't even say he is driving? You can get stuck on traffic without being the driver.

Jtendo '82

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
I feel ya, OP. I don't even want to be bothered turning my PS4. Getting Doom and Rocket League a week apart has been a game changer for me. I have every intention of buying Skyrim in the coming weeks.

If EA gives us Madden and NHL next year I'll be over the moon.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
It really has.

Ruined? Or made better?

Deleted member 1067

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Internet convos are always so weird with hyperbole. Do you really have to exaggerate that much to get your point across? Trust me, if people didn't enough about your statement to post about it taking the convo to 11 isn't going to get anymore people to give a shit about your opinion. The only result is people taking you less seriously and/or use similar hyperbole to make counter claims, leaving the conversation just a slope of constantly escalating adjectives.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City

Status
Not open for further replies.