• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
With HBO Max I finally got to watch this show, heard a lot of good things about it and it didn't disappoint. Subscribing here as I assume the season 2 OT will be linked here. Can't wait. And I hope more hop on board with it on max.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With HBO Max I finally got to watch this show, heard a lot of good things about it and it didn't disappoint. Subscribing here as I assume the season 2 OT will be linked here. Can't wait. And I hope more hop on board with it on max.
Welcome aboard!
Speaking of season 2 OT, Penguin are you making the next thread?

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to be here and I will definitely stan for this show if people ask what they should watch. Needs more attention for sure.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Should I?
Does anyone else want to?

And the thread title is people like us
No questions will be asked
Anything that draws more attention to the show, particularly now that it's able to reach a much wider/less niche audience, is a good thing. I'd recommend that the new thread be made earlier than typical to give people a reasonable amount of time to catch up and get ready for the 2nd season.

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Anything that draws more attention to the show, particularly now that it's able to reach a much wider/less niche audience, is a good thing. I'd recommend that the new thread be made earlier than typical to give people a reasonable amount of time to catch up and get ready for the 2nd season.

I'll see if can motivate myself to create it this week

Does anyone want to help with any fancy graphics

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Also subbing for the next thread I want to be in on the discussion when season 2 starts, the first is now my favorite comic adaption ever.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
man... not only is this scene still great but so fitting for the current times

"
They try and knock us down
But change is coming, it's our time now
"

"
Oh, people like us we've gotta stick together
Keep your head up, nothing lasts forever
Here's to the damned to the lost and forgotten
It's hard to get high when you're living on the bottom

Oh woah oh oh woah oh
We are all misfits living in a world on fire
Oh woah oh oh woah oh
Sing it for the people like us, the people like us

Hey, this is not a funeral
It's a revolution, after all your tears have turned to rage
Just wait, everything will be okay
Even when you're feeling like it's going down in flames
"

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Apologies, the weekend got away from me completely and forgot about Season 2 thread will try to have it up soon.

BarrBarr

Oct 25, 2017
I am so excited for season 2!! Season 1 is the best superhero tv show ever, so I am excited to see where they take this show.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Are we even allowed to put up topics more than a week in advance? The old place had the rule, but I don't know if it transferred here.

water_wendi

Oct 25, 2017
Finally found the music used in the first seasons promos

ATN500.jpg

https://www.extrememusic.com/albums/3210?item=53918

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Just so folks know

There is a season 2 thread live as well

www.resetera.com

Doom Patrol S2 |OT| People Like Us (Thurs, HBO Max/DCU) OT

The Premise: DC’s strangest group of heroes — Cliff Steele aka Robotman (Brendan Fraser), Larry Trainor aka Negative Man (Matt Bomer), Rita Farr aka Elasti-Woman (April Bowlby), Jane aka Crazy Jane (Diane Guerrero), and Victor Stone aka Cyborg (Joivan Wade) — are back again to save the world...

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
Does this show get better? Watched the first two eps of first season and I'm not feeling it. It feels like it's trying too hard and I found The Boys much better.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Does this show get better? Watched the first two eps of first season and I'm not feeling it. It feels like it's trying too hard and I found The Boys much better.
I had the opposite reaction. Found the Boys to be trying too hard and full of cringe with very little to say and stopped watching it after the second episode. Hated how they forced the female superhero to give that dipship aquaman ripoff a blowjob without any repercussion when the same kind of situation was handled a million times better in Doom Patrol when Rita murdered the rapist asshole.

Deleted member 18179

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I hated the first two episodes. The rest are great! The first two are just weirdly conventional. Band of misfits , overwhelming villain blah blah. It also tries too hard with the narrator and the "lol a donkey butt lol".

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Weird comparison, don't get the trying to hard criticism but to each their own. Especially when and it's probably your answer it's about as closely adapted from the comic especially Grant Morrison's run on it the only way to be more faithful would be the exact at the time comic roster (no Cyborg or Rita, Josh is a member in support role, Larry is rebus since another person was combined with him and the negative spirit) and just literally shooting panel for panel which considering the comics experimental and conceptual nature would make no sense, or in other words most of the things that were changed had to be. Which is my rather long winded (I just love talking about the show, especially as the Morrison run is one of if not number one of my favorite things ever in a "cape" comic from one of the big two) way of saying it only leans heavier into what it is so it's probably not for you.

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

Oct 25, 2017
New York
I hate the "Trying to hard" critique in general. I never really get what it means exactly.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I hate the "Trying to hard" critique in general. I never really get what it means exactly.
I don't either but to each their own. My only argument is if that's your criticism you have to go back to the original source and criticize Morrison for trying too hard since the show is pretty much the essence of his run distilled and filtered into something filmable.