• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
DzY14ZmVYAAlR8u.jpg:large

The Premise
DOOM PATROL reimagines one of DC's most beloved groups of Super Heroes: Robotman aka Cliff Steele (BRENDAN FRASER), Negative Man aka Larry Trainor (MATT BOMER), Elasti-Woman aka Rita Farr (APRIL BOWLBY) and Crazy Jane (DIANE GUERRERO), led by modern-day mad scientist Niles Caulder aka The Chief (TIMOTHY DALTON). Each member of the Doom Patrol suffered a horrible accident that gave them superhuman abilities, but also left them scarred and disfigured. Traumatized and downtrodden, the team found their purpose through The Chief, coming together to investigate the weirdest phenomena in existence. Following the mysterious disappearance of The Chief these reluctant heroes will find themselves in a place they never expected to be, called to action by none other than Cyborg (JOIVAN WADE), who comes to them with a mission hard to refuse. Part support group, part Super Hero team, the Doom Patrol is a band of superpowered freaks who fight for a world that wants nothing to do with them.

Doom Patrol is the 2nd live-action and 3rd overall original series for the DC Universe app. It follows a team of outcast characters as they form an unlikely family and try to save the world.

The Patrol
Trailers
Meet the Doom Patrol
Extended Trailer

Episodes
1. Pilot
2. Donkey Patrol

Airs Fridays on the DC Universe app. First season will consist of 15 episodes.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I would totally watch a full series of Doom Patrol Go

I hope this series have very little sentient cockroaches =x

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
After watching the extended trailer this actually looks pretty good. Definitely looks better than Titans.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
First episode was excellent. It was one of the times that wacky cgi that would be called mediocre on other shows actually fits on this show.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
I've always loved the Doom Patrol and this was about as excellent an adaptation as possible.

Fun, sad, and full of a lot of smart changes to the material to suit this new version.
Blob-Rita from the outset instead of Attack of the 50 foot Woman-Rita, Larry being gay, Cliff surviving the racecar crash just to lose his family in a normal one.

All good stuff.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Just started watching. Holy cow Brendan Fraiser lol. I didnt recognize that it was him the first couple minutes.

So far its awesome though. Love the shows overall tone or theme.

Gunna be kinda weird watching this and Umbrella Academy.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, that was fun. Liked the music, and noticed at the end it was Clint Mansell. I'm sold.

Get the girl, kill the baddies.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Really loved this first episode! All the actors play their roles extremely well and Timothy Dalton is just perfect as The Chief.

I was actually surprised by how much I loved Diane Guerrero's "Crazy Jane." Her multiple personalities gimmick and attitudes are great and also fresh since I never read the Morrison comics. Really looking forward to the next episodes and what they do with Cyborg.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
DCuniverse continues to shit on The CW and Marvel. What a fun pilot.

How they didn't fight harder for Batwoman boggles my mind. It would be the perfect series for this service.

Oeufcoque

Oct 27, 2017
What a fantastic first episode! Much to my surprise, the CG looked good! And the music was on point. Welp, I guess I'll keep my sub to DC Universe.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Since Titan was released in Netflix outside of the US, has there been any word if something similar will happen with this show? Titans was really great and I would love to watch Doom Patrol as well once that gets a release here in Germany! :D

Mavis

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Mountains
Yeah, that was fun. Liked the music, and noticed at the end it was Clint Mansell. I'm sold.

Get the girl, kill the baddies.
Yeah he's done loads of Soundtrack work since leaving PWEI. Went to see Jim Bob (Carter USM) and PWEI here in Sydney last year, Jim Bob was as amazing as always, PWEI were Meh, not the same with just Graham.

Got DC Universe via VPN and really enjoyed DP, the comic front end is a massive pile of crap though and the quality keeps shifting. Wish they'd just release DC Universe world wide.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Since Titan was released in Netflix outside of the US, has there been any word if something similar will happen with this show? Titans was really great and I would love to watch Doom Patrol as well once that gets a release here in Germany! :D

I'm assuming that this is the case and that Netflix will release it internationally once it has finished it's US run.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Holy shit, this could be huge. Just saw the first episode and everything from the visuals to the performances to the soundtrack to the writing was just spectacular. I was worried when they announced DC Universe, it seemed like an absolute flop to me, but after Titans and this? I couldn't be more excited for what's to come after this, Swamp Thing, and Stargirl. Hopefully they merge most live-action shows to make a coherent, full-blown DC universe.

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, fantastic first episode. DCU keeps killing it with the original content. If this whole thing turns out solid I'd love if they make more shows part of a connected universe.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Why is Cyborg in this rather than Titans? He comes off as redundant with Robotman.
Except having them near each other is going to create interesting character moments because they're two sides of the same coin. And I believe the plan is to introduce him here to add him to Titans next season, but don't quote me on that.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
That was really good. Love the vibe and the narration. Ending was wonderfully weird. The melodramatics of the CW shows is so boring, so it's nice to have something new with a different approach. Doom Patrol looks very promising.

kamineko

Linked the Fire
Oct 25, 2017
Accardi-by-the-Sea
The SO and I just watched it, we both really dug it. Thought the dark, humorous tone felt right, and the characterization rang true for us. Looking forward to more, definitely

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Damn I'm so glad they did Cliff first.

Brendan Fraser sold him and the series to me.