• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
Goddamn this kicked ass. Wow! Brendan Frasier with the comeback!! I absolutely love his character in this. I really like all of the characters. Show feels really unique imo. Can't wait for ep 2.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Is it odd that I find Cyborg being a good fit for the Doom Patrol at least based on this current iteration?

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Is it odd that I find Cyborg being a good fit for the Doom Patrol at least based on this current iteration?
Nope, the Teen Titans jubilant take on Cyborg is great, but it is absolutely reasonable to take a Frankenstein's monster approach ala Young Justice.

Oct 25, 2017
This might be DC's best TV show ever after watching episode 1.
dhMeAzK.gif

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
Subscribed yesterday! Watching the 2nd ep now and loving it!! The Cyborg introduction scene fucking ruled. Had some doubts about his character when I saw the trailer but I'm really liking him so far

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I don't usually like Cyborg but that introduction scene was great.
Another great episode.

DashReindeer

Perfect World
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Super excited to watch this tonight. The pilot was so good, I immediately went back and reread all of Morrison's Doom Patrol run. While there's no way that most of what Morrison did ends up in the show, I still can't wait to see what does get adapted. My favorite super group of all time and one that I never expected to see adapted at all.

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Great second episode.

Cyborg's first scene made me like him more than... let's say recent things he has been in.

Great music. Nobody is such a fascinating figure/plot device.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
This is legit the best comic based television show ever made, and I feel like barely anybody is watching. Another great episode.

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
I loved both episodes. It's definitely going places with the 'weird' factor. Can't wait to see how they tackle the underground.

rokero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Loving the show so far Dalton and Frasier are great, the only thing that they need to fix is Cyborg he looks like he's made of cheap plastic

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Another good episode, but Cyborg looks a little bit cheap on the visuals. At least his cyborg eye should have some movement. And his body should be bigger.

pixelation

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What do you even get with DCU?, I hate that everything is so fractured up. I lost count of how many streaming services I'm paying for at the moment.

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
What do you even get with DCU?, I hate that everything is so fractured up. I lost count of how many streaming services I'm paying for at the moment.

You get Titans
Young Justice
Doom Patrol

You get a host of DC Animated movies and older TV shows (let's say pre-2001) and a rotation of the Batman/Superman movies

Then thousands of comics, which actually means something now

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
It's interesting to see how Negative Man is an autonomous being in this show, like it has its own separate sentience. I remember in the comics he had pretty good control of Negative Man from the start and it wasn't treated as a separate entity but as if Larry was in an astral-like form. (the main shtick was that he'd die if he didn't return to his body in 60 seconds) Gotta say I love the new twist on that, definitely makes it more interesting. Cyborg was pretty cool as well! Looking forward to seeing more of him. Great episode.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Can I just say that the trailer with Cliff yelling 'HOLY-' 3 times was more funny than what we got in this episode?
Still Mr. Nobody answering to Caulder about who he was talking to gave me a good chuckle.

Hey I'm liking Cyborg! Neat~

Cliff chasing the donkey was hilarious. Heck Robotman going hysterical over every crazy thing is amusing.
Really this episode was very good and I really enjoyed it. Cliff/Robotman being a brain in a life support mechanical body is well portrayed here.

It's interesting to see how Negative Man is an autonomous being in this show, like it has its own separate sentience. I remember in the comics he had pretty good control of Negative Man from the start and it wasn't treated as a separate entity but as if Larry was in an astral-like form. (the main shtick was that he'd die if he didn't return to his body in 60 seconds) Gotta say I love the new twist on that, definitely makes it more interesting. Cyborg was pretty cool as well! Looking forward to seeing more of him. Great episode.

If anything, Larry likely NEVER wanted to interact or understand the Negative Entity within him all these decades. This episode shows him for the first time wanting to settle things with it.
Speaking of which, Larry's flights being his way of escaping his life was a very good touch.

Last edited:

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not really a Cyborg fan and his stuff looked cheap compared to everyone else. Good episode though.

nemoral

Oct 25, 2017
Fiddler's Green
They have been a lot braver than I expected them to be. I enjoyed the second episode. Cyborg is a dud, but Johns loves him, so he's in everything, and we just have to live with it. Everyone else is pretty good. I thought April Bowlby and Matt Bomer were both exceptional in this episode. I was both intrigued and happy to hear them mention the Ant Farm. I also enjoyed that they're going to give us a dose of Nobody and then move on. He works best in short doses of "wtf". Like Q, an episode every once in awhile is just right.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I love this show so much that I started reading all the Doom Patrol comics which are just as good as the show. The only thing I dislike is how cheap Cyborg looks like someone else said here but my god this show is so entertaining. I didn't expect to love it more than Titans. This team feels more like a team than the Titans right now which is weird to say but my god Titans is a good show and Doom Patrol is already great.

I think my only pet peeve with DC Universe is that we have to wait weekly to get the episodes. I wish they'd give em to us all at once but hey 15,16 weeks of Doom Patrol sounds great to me. I'm also excited for the Swamp Thing show more than anything else right now.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Had some doubts about Mr Nobody's narration in the pilot but daaaaammn this episode made it awesome

I have a soft spot for 4th wall breaks and that "grant morrison fans" and him knowing he is the narrator in the donkeyverse was my jam

Deleted member 20202

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cymru
Good lord! This could quite possibly be the greatest comic to telly translation I've ever witnessed. It hits the nail on the head perfectly. DC streaming hit it out of our dimension with this one.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit episode 2 was just as good. They made me give a damn about Cyborg. If this show keeps it up it should win Emmys.

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
How in the hell is his show so good? That's Bowie song at the end gave me chills.

After this and Titans bring me all of the release schedule.

Oct 25, 2017
Im so sorry Gotham but Doom Patrol is taking your throne currently.
This show is so darn good I just can't believe it.
It has the production quality of Gotham(and openness to goof/weirdness), world building of the CW and Netflix shows and just general quality all around.

Cyborg is amazing and looks good on a tv budget, literally only thing i'd change on a better budget is to have the eye move.

Honestly my tune has changed on this and Young Justice airing weekly,
after Umbrella Academy i'd much rather savor the enjoyment of this every week and it slowly lead us into Swamp Thing and Young Justice then Stargirl then around again.

Man why did Titans production quality look so bad compared to this when that was the DCU service pusher.
(I ending up liking the show but jeez the editing, lighting, etc looked lower than CW tier)

Love the BobaTalks videos didn't even notice the Titans' stinger reference

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know on what planet that Titans looked worse than CW tier
Settings and such are better and costumes infinitely better than CW but the editing, lighting and that awful filter make for a pretty cheap and ugly looking show.
(just look how great the Robin suit looked at SDCC vs the show)
and for lighting & filter you could possibly say "well the show needs to be dark and such to set the mood" but Gotham does it amazingly well without looking so bad.