• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Settings and such are better and costumes infinitely better than CW but the editing, lighting and that awful filter make for a pretty cheap and ugly looking show.
(just look how great the Robin suit looked at SDCC vs the show)
and for lighting & filter you could possibly say "well the show needs to be dark and such to set the mood" but Gotham does it amazingly well without looking so bad.
Don't know what to say that other than I completely disagree :/. I loved everything you hated about itZ

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Loved Episode 1. Sure the CGI was suspect in more than one place, but it had a lot of damn character and heart as well. It was also just very damn entertaining.
Have yet to watch Episode 2 but this could wind up being my favorite "superhero" series if Episode 1 sets the tone for the rest of the season. Only time will tell I suppose.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I was crazy about Doom Patrol after their Titans debut. Glad they even managed to impoove on themselves.

Sleepyhead86

Oct 27, 2017
This show is so weird, and it works. Episode 2 was one of the craziest episodes for a TV show I have seen in a while.
Honestly did not think I would enjoy this show as much as I have.

Otherist

Oct 27, 2017
England
Everyone ought to be talking about this show, it's just delightful. Crucially they're spending plenty of time exploring the characters as strange, broken people, rather than trying to rush them into a formulaic adventure. But it helps that it's also endearingly freakish and funny all the time, with a clear adoration of its source material. I'm really liking the cast as well.

Oct 27, 2017
Yoooooooooooooo.... Yooooooo... WTF this show is so good. I gave up on Titans like 2.5 episodes in so I was ready to condemn this to the same fate but this is so good. I had no idea I wanted this type of donkeyshit but I do. Massive thumbs up from me. These 2 episodes already launched it straight into my top 5 of the currently airing superhero genretropey shit - I hope the rest of the season maintains this quality level. This is what legends of tomorrow wishes it could be consistently but misses the mark on quite often.

The only nitpick I have is that some of the cgi is kinda hokey and cyborg does look kinda shitty with his plasticine facemask thingy going on but everything else is good enough to offset that for me.

Also the Brendan Frasier comeback is real I'd watch him play a robot anyday.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah.... I just subbed to DC Universe because of this, Young Justice, and Titans.

This show is good. I'm loving Robotman's interactions with everybody especially Crazy Jane.

I also gotta talk about how different and powerful they made this version of Mister Nobody compared to his comic version (from googling). Breaking the 4th wall, opening a dimension rift and stuffing it inside a animal, and some form of omniscient. Guaranteed his weakness is something funny and ridiculous.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
So I had the free one month trial which I tried, couldn't get the service to work and had canceled. Well I bought an Amazon Fire Stick as it supports DC Universe and now when I go to subscribe for a month, it only gives me the option to subscribe for an entire year.

Do they seriously not give you a month to month option like every single other streaming service in existence if you cancel after the one week trial? They offered a monthly plan at first and now the option is surgically removed from the screen. What bullshit is this?

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
So I had the free one month trial which I tried, couldn't get the service to work and had canceled. Well I bought an Amazon Fire Stick as it supports DC Universe and now when I go to subscribe for a month, it only gives me the option to subscribe for an entire year.

Do they seriously not give you a month to month option like every single other streaming service in existence if you cancel after the one week trial? They offered a monthly plan at first and now the option is surgically removed from the screen. What bullshit is this?
I'm still on the monthly plan so idk what's happening with you lol

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
I'm still on the monthly plan so idk what's happening with you lol

The option re-appeared after like the 4th time when I logged out and then back in however now it's offering me another 1 week free trial... except when I try to use Paypal it shits out. Every time (Paypal worked last week). So I have no idea what the hell is wrong with the service. Complete junk. Tried different browsers, the app, etc. Simply can't subscribe. Errors out.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
The option re-appeared after like the 4th time when I logged out and then back in however now it's offering me another 1 week free trial... except when I try to use Paypal it shits out. Every time (Paypal worked last week). So I have no idea what the hell is wrong with the service. Complete junk. Tried different browsers, the app, etc. Simply can't subscribe. Errors out.
I don't know, I've never had any trouble with the service. Guess I'm just lucky

Deleted member 47942

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2018
The "Brendan Fraserssance" is slowing becoming a thing.

This show is honestly one of the biggest surprises in a long time. I love the franchise and was a bit biased, but was cynical enough about it considering how bland Titans was.

Otherist

Oct 27, 2017
England
I thought the script of episode 3 was a lot messier than the first two. It was kind of all over the place pacing-wise, awkward about getting to its destinations, a ton of things seemed like misfires and the dialogue wasn't as smart. Still liking the show but hope it changes tack again next week.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
I think this might be my favorite episode yet. Shoutout to the crank spinning guy. lol

JXMGSOg.png

Oh man

The ending... that's a deep dive, but I love it!

Definitely didn't see the tourist dude becoming this villain:

NXBldOP.png

His powers are gonna be very interesting on screen.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, did not expect this to be my favorite show on right now.

Feels like I'm watching something really high quality the entire time. Episode 2 was my favorite so far (Cyborg's intro was so good I'm surprised they used it here haha), but I'm so IN that I don't believe they'll let me down in the future. This got me so jazzed about other DCU shows damn

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Underrated show I guess considering there's not many discussion or reviews floating about since the premiere. It's my favorite superhero show right now (at least until Cloak & Dagger returns).

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
This show has become one of my favorite superhero shows since Legion.

That tourist guy omg lol.

Also is Brendan Fraser just doing the voice? I thought it was him acting as well, bit disappointing that it's not actually him in the suit.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is really fantastic. The action in episode three was especially entertaining as well - the torso rip by Cliff was horrific. All of Jane's Nazi kills would make great gifs as well.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
This show has become one of my favorite superhero shows since Legion.

That tourist guy omg lol.

Also is Brendan Fraser just doing the voice? I thought it was him acting as well, bit disappointing that it's not actually him in the suit.

Riley Shanahan plays Robotman (with Brendan Fraser doing voiceover and physical acting in flashbacks)
Matthew Zuk plays Negative Man (with Matt Bomer doing voiceover and physical acting when his face is visible)

Different actors played the physical roles in the Titans episodes. Somehow it works perfectly.

Last edited:

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
Never heard of this show and watched at random. The pilot was great and got me hooked. Was expecting some CW crap, but was pleasantly surprised

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
The only thing I'm not loving about Cyborg is that his American accent seems to come and go a bit more than usual in this episode. I kept wondering, "why does he sound so weird sometimes?" Until I looked him up and saw that he's British.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is legit the best superhero show on. Only thing that drags is is the cg blood and Cyborg's face/chest. Other than that it's really untouchable imo. Makes me sad to see how few posts this thread got when there are such great performances.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
Holy shit, that was awesome! Episode 3 was the best one so far if you ask me.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
I was literally looking old Doom Patrol foes last week and came across him. Thought he was a good fit for the series. Then...

Although I did not see the tourist guy becoming him.

And it was great the way they handle the transport situation (no private jet then go with an old bus). It looks like a writer said "we need a jet for this episode", producer: "no budget, but you are smart, you will figure out a way". Exactly.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Was not expecting the reveal at the end of the episode. Also, I feel the travel issue and the town hating them makes a very strong case for giving us Danny the Street later.

coldzone24

Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I liked Titans well enough, but holy cow this blows that out of the water! None of the trailers did anything for me, but I decided to give it a watch and I'm so glad I did. And each episode is making me like it more and more. If it keeps of this level of quality the entire season (minus the CGI, that could use some work), it may become my new favorite superhero TV show.

Also Brendan Fraser is freaking killing it as Robotman. For a character with no facial expressions, he is one of the most engaging characters I've seen.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Jane and Robotman just going crazy killing Nazis were fucking awesome. Silvertongue is pretty badass.

I was actually surprised to see the tourist being turned into that character from the comics, lol. He's plays some fun ass characters.

iiicon

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Me: ugh I hate it when TV shows use musical numbers to do all the heavy lifting of a scene, it's tiresome and lazy.
*Doom Patrol Ep. 3 starts with "Rebel Girl."*
Me: ...I must recommend this show to everyone.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I just finished the second episode. This show is fantastically bizarre. So good. It's like a mix between a BRPD story, a Vertigo comic from the 2000's, and a DC TV show made on HBO.

Alan Tudyk is amazing. Robotman is kind of like Hellboy. Finally, a cool Cyborg. I'm sure the writers are going to have a lot of fun Crazy Jane's powers.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
HOLY SHIT
THE ANIMAL VEGETABLE MINERAL MAN
HOLY SHIT

Great episode otherwise.

For reals tho
Animal vegetable mineral man in 2019.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This past episode was just as good. I'm trying to convince my fellow DC fan to watch this but he doesn't want to until after our board exams and wants to just binge it all. Honestly, having it go week to week helps me to digest each episode better.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
This past episode was just as good. I'm trying to convince my fellow DC fan to watch this but he doesn't want to until after our board exams and wants to just binge it all. Honestly, having it go week to week helps me to digest each episode better.
Doom Patrol seems more suited to weekly releases than Titans was, honestly. I recommend watching this weekly too.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah im enjoying this far more on a week by week schedule than I would otherwise.
Turn the lights off, grab some popcorn and a drink and enjoy a darn good episode every week.

Also the fact that it leads us directly into Swamp Thing and Young Justice pt 2, then Stargirl, Harley and back to Titans.