• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017

Episode 4 promo. My favorite one yet.

Seriously, I've watched Rita's moment like 10 times now while cackling like a maniac.

edit: It still amazes me that we've actually gotten a Doom Patrol adaptation, it is good, and it is actually using some of the weirder aspects of the book and not stripping it down to a more appealing form. Mr. Nobody, Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man, and now...
The Cult of the Unwritten Book is here.

It's wild.

Last edited:

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
That's is even better than the trailer for episode 3! How!?!?!?

I can't wait to watch this.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
God this show is great. Crazy Jane is fantastic.

But Matt Bomer is killing it as Larry Trainor.

Everyone involved in this show should feel very proud.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I legit thought cliff couldnt much with his robot body such as running etc, but i guess given the right morivation he can utilize the strength of his robotic frame to really rip bodies and smash stuff.

Also Jane's last message "Control is the weapon of facsits" was it?

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
God this show is great. Crazy Jane is fantastic.

But Matt Bomer is killing it as Larry Trainor.

Everyone involved in this show should feel very proud.

Loooooooooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Crazy Jane. Such an awesome character in a show with a lot of great characters.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'd assume at some point there will be a cameo or introduction to Swamp Thing or at least a side character from his show right? It seems all Berlanti verse shows do this.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Uh...with the trailer, why does Cliff react/say ow when being tazed?
EDIT: Misread what you said, thought you were asking "what" he said. Like Lady Bow said, I assume the electricity was frying his brain.
Feel free to ignore the following...
Actual answer:
He says "Nurnheim sucks", with Nurnheim being the German town that the Cult comes from.

Wait a second! Mark-Fucking-Sheppard is on this? HOLY SHIT! Now I actually need to see this show!!
This will be his first episode and I'm not sure how much he'll be on it after that but you should totally watch anyway. And he's playing:
Willoughby Kipling, a John Constantine style urban magician.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver

Episode 4 promo. My favorite one yet.

Seriously, I've watched Rita's moment like 10 times now while cackling like a maniac.

edit: It still amazes me that we've actually gotten a Doom Patrol adaptation, it is good, and it is actually using some of the weirder aspects of the book and not stripping it down to a more appealing form. Mr. Nobody, Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man, and now...
The Cult of the Unwritten Book is here.

It's wild.

Rewatched that Rita clip about a dozen times. That's a great fucking take.

Oct 25, 2017
Wait a second! Mark-Fucking-Sheppard is on this? HOLY SHIT! Now I actually need to see this show!!
They like bringing in Supernatural actors,
We got
latest

in episode 1&3

in episode 2
and now Crowley in episode 4

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
I legit thought cliff couldnt much with his robot body such as running etc, but i guess given the right morivation he can utilize the strength of his robotic frame to really rip bodies and smash stuff.

Also Jane's last message "Control is the weapon of facsits" was it?

"Control is the weapon of fascists".

Like she said, she does not and want not not control her other personas, they share the body. Actually, she is afraid of control, since she is not the original/main persona.

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The only episode I liked in the Titans terrible show was the one with the Doom Patrol.

After watching this review I want to watch now.

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
From IGN:

"Grant Morrison and Richard Case's Doom Patrol comics will probably always be considered the gold standard for the franchise, and for good reason. Mainstream comics don't come much more weird or more imaginative. And while the TV series has obviously been borrowing quite a few pages from the Morrison/Case playbook already, the fourth episode truly dives headlong into that zany run."

Fuck, I can't wait.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Man, part of me wishes DC Universe would just give us all the episodes at once but there's just something to it that adds to the whole waiting for each week to come by to get to the next episode. I absolutely LOVE this show and loved this episode.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea who they are and what they can do but I'm intrigued enough to Google them (bad guys) after this post after watching today's episode.

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I know preaching to the choir, but the show is amazing.

Like aside from the weirdness of it all, I'm just shocked by how much I care for these characters. Like I am so into the Rita story this episode. And even Robotman and Crazy Jane's story.

Cyborg is kind of there.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I like about Cyborg is how he uses his powers and abilities. He talks to his system and whatnot. It's cool to see what he's able to do and learn what to do.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I was waiting for a deal on a DC sub, but I might break and sign up once I finish The Expanse

This show sounds too damn good

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
This show is weird. Were the comics this weird?
Originally it was weird in an Silver Age, anything goes type way, so its weirdness wasn't that far removed from its contempraries(though it was still fairly out there).
Morrison's work, which this shows draws a lot from, is when it went really out there and, as crazy as the show is, it can't hold a candle to that run of the comic.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017

Like aside from the weirdness of it all, I'm just shocked by how much I care for these characters. Like I am so into the Rita story this episode. And even Robotman and Crazy Jane's story.

Cyborg is kind of there.
Yeah, the characterization is really strong. Like in this latest episode, because we know the characters so well:
When the Archons were changing the appearance/perception of Robotman and Jane, everyone watching knew Jane would look like his daughter.
It might not seem like much but that is rock solid craft on display.

Cyborg is the only thing I'm still not sold on. The actor is fine, even the character itself kind of works, but I'm just not feeling it. If they wanted a relatively well-adjusted figure to contrast with the rest they could've used Mento or Tempest or even Lodestone. And its not like it is hard to mesh with this group, this episode had Kipling saunter on in and he fit in just fine. But Cyborg just doesn't belong, I don't think it is possible to scrub the "normal" off him no matter how hard they try.

edit: Actually there is one thing I straight up dislike about the show: The Negative Spirit's coloring. The blue electricity/static-y look is so inferior to the black and yellow or green it is suppose to be.

Last edited:

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, lol, I do like how Not-Constantine fit in so willy nilly. Of course they were questioning who the hell he was but then that stopped fairly quick.

Oct 27, 2017

Cyborg is kind of there.
I don't understand why writers have so much trouble with Cyborg. If you can't think of what to do with him then don't put him in the show/movie period.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I really liked that the episode was to be continued, as I thought any conclusion was about to be really rushed!

Peacemillian

Oct 25, 2017
Nurnheim sucks!

This show is actually amazing, I don't think I've been this sold on a show so quickly.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn I wish these were all available to binge. I get why they are doing it but gahhhh. It's so good and I want it all now.

Only downside is Cyrborg really. His shitty suit is shitty but so is the guy's acting.... Especially compared to the rest of the cast.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
This show is weird. Were the comics this weird?
Morrison's run is when the series began delving into crazy surreal stuff, and from there it kept that them throughout. The recent 2017/2018 Doom Patrol series was pretty psychedilic IMO.

Mind you, I personally find the show a little tamer than the series' norm, but it does really good on its own.