• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
BTW this is how the comic started the Unwritten book arc
W7hGZQu.jpg

pDQZfQI.jpg

GJRrRqc.jpg

I'd say we got the 'PG for your sanity' version of it :P

Last edited:

nemoral

Oct 25, 2017
Fiddler's Green
I'm enjoying the show overall, but man, the expository dialogue is sometimes very clunky. Some of that comes from trying to follow Morrison so tightly, who used narrative boxes extensively to avoid putting such dumb dialogue in his character's mouths. Also, Cyborg is not a good actor. Everyone else is pretty okay, but he needs to get killed or turned into a vase or something.

Oct 25, 2017
Probably because Beast Boy isn't with them currently.
I mean could have had him in the first episode especially during the scene in Robotman's room, or mentioned.
and really its more Titans fault for having him in the group before it even became the Doom Patrol.

I'd still like him to appear at some point when it makes sense though(after Titans plotline wraps up.)

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
As someone who worked recently doing invitations to children parties, I love that the next episode is named Paw Patrol

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
They're playing coy with the connection to Titans so this ain't the same Doom Patrol until they say otherwise.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Unlikely, they've pretty much made it clear that they are connected. Titans job was to basically set up the universe.
It was pretty clear until showrunner Jeremy Carver said this :
There are elements that were present in the Titans'Doom Patrol'," showrunner Jeremy Carver said, "but I think everyone is best suited coming into this Doom Patrol understanding that we have our own continuity and our own story. And if you come in with a fresh perspective, I think that's the best way to view this Doom Patrol," he said.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, lol, I do like how Not-Constantine fit in so willy nilly. Of course they were questioning who the hell he was but then that stopped fairly quick.
To be clear, Kipp is literally not-Constantine.

He was created because the Doom Patrol writers wanted to use John, but were told by DC leadership they couldn't use a Veritgo/Adult focused character in Doom Patrol, which was focused on kids at the time.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017

He was created because the Doom Patrol writers wanted to use John, but were told by DC leadership they couldn't use a Veritgo/Adult focused character in Doom Patrol, which was focused on kids at the time.

Lol. Yeah I looked at a wiki article about Kipp and that was brought up. I like him though just how I like Constantine in Legends. I think every team needs somebody like Constantine and Kipp every once in a while to fuck shit up 😁

gryvan

Brooklyn Rage
Oct 25, 2017

lol wow

well this isn't kids focused anymore!

gryvan

Brooklyn Rage
Oct 25, 2017
So I think for people hating on Cyborg, i think they were trying to make Cyborg the straight man out of the group; showing all the logical points, more towards the reality, stable person etc. etc. and I think that kinda makes people feel Cyborg be boring as a character compared to the other 4 that has a much interesting history.

I think maybe in the future, cyborg as a character will probably get a bit better somehow.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
lol wow

well this isn't kids focused anymore!

That is kind of a misconception. It is true that Constantine was part of the Vertigo line and the order was not to use him outside of that line (since Vertigo titles and characters are "suggested for adult readers"), while Doom Patrol was still part of the regular DC line, which is "for all ages". But Morrison run was quite adult (starting with DP volume 2 number 19) and a shift of tone which ultimately lead to the series to move to Vertigo imprint from number 64. Morrison run ended at number 63, but the series continues as a Vertigo title until number 87.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
i thought I was watching Supernatural with budget.

That was great. I love all the Supernatural stuff.

Also Trainor's side story

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
Just watched the latest episode after a very busy weekend. Soooo good. This show is knocking it out of the park currently.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Been wondering how different the Chief's role would be if Timothy Dalton wasn't in the role but the other dude was. They definitely could afford him to be a bigger part of each episode more than Dalton.

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished getting caught up with this, and man has this show been great. I love how it's leaning into the weirdness of Doom Patrol perfectly, and with some pretty deep cuts, too.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Been wondering how different the Chief's role would be if Timothy Dalton wasn't in the role but the other dude was. They definitely could afford him to be a bigger part of each episode more than Dalton.

While that is true, the plot that Chief was kidnaped is just to cover the fact Dalton is a guest actor that would not participate much in the series, Dalton brought some much gravitas to the character that is 100 times better. The original actor just looked like a mad scientist stereotype. Dalton added some many layers to that.

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watched the pilot and the beginning of episode 2. I'm confused. The city disappeared and nobody really cares? And Larry can't leave?

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
Watched the pilot and the beginning of episode 2. I'm confused. The city disappeared and nobody really cares? And Larry can't leave?

Wasn't there a scene with Cyborg seeing the news on the TV about the town disappearing and talking with his father about going to investigate it?

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't there a scene with Cyborg seeing the news on the TV about the town disappearing and talking with his father about going to investigate it?
Yeah then he goes there; but nobody else is there..no news..no police...nothing? Just seemed weird..i'm sure i am missing something

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017

Remember when Cyborg was listening in on two FBI Agents who did go there but decided to NOPE the fuck out? They're ignoring it on purpose and because it's bigger than what they were led to believe is my head canon.

water_wendi

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to getting a sub so i could watch this. Binged the first four episodes today. Easily my best day off in a long time!

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
This arc has sucked and cyborg is fucking lame in almost anything I've ever seen him in.

Oct 25, 2017
Finished episode 5 and I have to say Mr. Nobody is one of my favorite villains ever for a comic book TV show. Damn, he's good. Also, Diane Guerrero has been killing it with the different personalities.

Oct 25, 2017
Man, what a batshit crazy episode. I don't know how they managed to get everything coming together so perfectly like that, but they did it.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
"I haven't even been in the last two episodes!"

Also, I am very fond of disco-dancing apocalypse parties.