• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pal

Tried to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did you seriously expect 4k/60fps on Pro in such game?

Yes, I had that expectation. Dynamic 4Kcb, that is. I mean, we're talking about ID Software here. They're like wizards. But I also said previously in this very same thread that there could be concession to be made since the bandwidth in PS4 Pro is a limiting factor. That said... If ID couldn't do it, then it couldn't be done. Simple as that.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
It's definitely not native 4K on XB1X but a great increase in clarity over 1080p. Looks great on a 4K set.
Played it on the Pro and IQ doesn't look native 4K to me, the TAA in this game is really strong. Will link some 4k pictures I took below.

https://abload.de/img/doom_20180329114010risq3.png
I lined the XB1X version up with this as best as I could so we could compare the two versions.
http://abload.de/img/cadce1e6-4beb-4af5-aag3q3e.png
The Xbox version seems a good bit clearer.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I downloaded the X patch and now when I try to start the game I get a pop up that asks if I own it. I do. I clicked on the "see in Microsoft Store" button just to humor it and even the store says I own it. I see a "play" button, not a button to buy the game. When I click the play button on the store page it still asks If I own the game.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Oct 26, 2017
It's definitely not native 4K on XB1X but a great increase in clarity over 1080p. Looks great on a 4K set.

I lined the XB1X version up with this as best as I could so we could compare the two versions.
http://abload.de/img/cadce1e6-4beb-4af5-aag3q3e.png
The Xbox version seems a good bit clearer.

Same here man. I don't believe for a second this is native 4K. It still does look a great deal crisper than prepatched on Xbox One X yesterday. It does seem it's a resolution increase and that's it. Textures all seem the same.

Oh it's most of the time best to disable motion blur and CA, right?

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
X version looks clearer, textures look a tiny lit better, not sure about that though.

Resolution sure is bigger on X but the assets all look the same except textures but that is probably due to resolution increase idk.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
I have a pretty dumb question. I have both systems, but game on a 55 inch 1080P tv. Would I still be able to tell the 2 console versions apart when ONLY downsampling to it?

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a pretty dumb question. I have both systems, but game on a 55 inch 1080P tv. Would I still be able to tell the 2 console versions apart when ONLY downsampling to it?
Depends on how good you are at eyeballing this sort of thing.

You'd definitely be able to tell if you saw both side by side, if that helps. Assuming that the X version does in fact render internally at a higher resolution.

Pal

Tried to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If the difference was only the resolution, maybe not. But since the textures appears to be improved on the X, I think you could if only because of that.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Are DF going to revisit DOOM now the patch is out? I heard Dark likes DOOM right?

Deleted member 1067

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The x having better textures shouldn't be that surprising. The thing has like what, 4 GBs extra RAM over the pro? Considering DOOM 4 is a very RAM hungry game it doesn't shock me that id used it all to maximum effect.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
Man, props to Bethesda and ID for continuing to optimize their games. Such an awesome gift to console gamers.

TaKeRx

Oct 25, 2017
I downloaded the X patch and now when I try to start the game I get a pop up that asks if I own it. I do. I clicked on the "see in Microsoft Store" button just to humor it and even the store says I own it. I see a "play" button, not a button to buy the game. When I click the play button on the store page it still asks If I own the game.

I had this same issue... Uninstalling and reinstalling. Sucks.

severianb

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Floor texture is more detailed there too.

You sure the Pro version is post patch? If so, looks like they're putting that extra 3.5gb to good use.

The patch size on the X1X or PS4Pro doesn't look big enough for improved textures. Also, there have been MANY X1X versions that I *swore* had upgraded textures, but did not. It's amazing what a bump in resolution can do to expose good textures that were always there, just hidden. For an extreme example, take a look at the Xbox 360 and OG Xbox games that were updated to 4K on the X1X. They look like the textures were totally redone, when it's just better resolution, LOD adjustments and some improved filtering.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Wow, the XB1X version looks way better:

http:///NiJc.png

Look at the blood on the wall, for example. This screams texture upgrade to me.
giphy.gif

MaximusPayne

Dec 14, 2017

Yes, same exact thing. I have Far Cry 5 too and it did it with that after the DOOM update. Me and my brother do the shareplay so I hope something in this update didn't bug it out. It finally worked after a couple of tries.

Oct 28, 2017

Pro tip for the Xbox One is that whenever it's acting weird you should do a full reboot.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I game on a 65' 1080p set and I've definitely noticed a difference between games on my Pro versus my XBX.

I own Battlefront II on both consoles and the game looks ridiculously good on the Pro but looked even better when I booted it up on the X.