• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GalvoAg

Oct 30, 2017
Dallas
I've never used DoorDash before, so I'm trying to understand something that isn't clear in the video. Did these kids pay for their full order through the DoorDash app or did they give cash for their full order to the driver?
Pay through on Doordash like every order app, no cash.
wait there are people accusing the driver of being racist? like what?
There really is a defense force for everything.
Read the thread detective.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was a knucklehead growing up. And i can see one a mile away. These kids are knuckleheads and they knew exactly what they were doing. I dont think they expected him to actually give them the money, but you can tell they were pushing the issue to see how far they could take it. That man essentially got robbed lowkey.

Last edited:

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
I was a knucklehead growing up. And i can see one a mile away. These kids are knuckleheads and they knew exactly what they were doing. I dont think they expected him to actually give them momeny, but you can tell they were pushing the issue to see how far they could take it. That man essentially got robbed lowkey.

Maybe I'm reading into it, but the moment he pulled out his wallet and the kid leaned over to take a look really got to me.

They knew exactly what they were doing.

Also, fuck anyone who implies that robbery/theft has to involve physical force or a threat - I've been in a situation where I've handed over money due to being intimidated/coerced and it's an awful feeling.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
Welp, I clearly should have looked into this more. Sorry for the hot take. These guys were rude and that guy didn't deserve all that for a McFlurry

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When i saw the video it instantly reminded me of those playground days when you have your new bike and a bigger/older kid asks to check it out and because you don't know them you nervously say no and then they follow up with a stern "I'm not gonna steal it, i just want to see it" so now you have to make this split decision of do i say no and risk getting beat up and have them take it anyway or do i let them hold it and hope it diffuses the situation and that they don't actually steal it. So you let them hold it and because they now want to fuck with you, they push the limit on how far they ride off with it before returning it (hopefully)
I didn't ask to be transported back to the 4th grade fuck

Deleted member 9838

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The first handful of pages of this thread have a few concern trolls worried about how the driver just might be racist for *reasons*
I got called out for mine and recanted it since I saw how much I was extrapolating but it isn't really hard to watch this video at first with little context, missing the back story and having the idea of there being an element of racism to it. Consider all the videos that go viral these days where someone calls the cops or is doing something while black and a white person ends up scared or crying. I wasn't entirely clear on the situation. Those are teenagers in that video. They aren't surrounding him and are hardly being threatening. From a grounded perspective it doesn't look like he is in any danger there at all. Most people would see this as just a typical prick customer that you can politely but firmly tell to fuck off with their little iphone video trolling. He has an anxiety problem though which puts this in a different context and makes him an easy target for this bullying.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still really angry about this. I deal with my anxiety fairly well but I know that if some pack of cunts were intimidating me while I worked with no co-worker to back me up, in an unfamiliar place and one of them pulled out their phone and started filming me I would be in pieces; I would literally do ANYTHING to escape that situation and what colour skin they had or their gender would have no bearing on it.

If you posted accusing the driver of racism, once again, get stuffed.

nemoral

Oct 25, 2017
Fiddler's Green
Hopefully DoorDash bans these little fuckheads from using the service in the future. And they should pass the info along to GrubHub and the rest of them, too.

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I remember a few years back, some kids went on a criminal spree of burglarizing homes, video'd themselves doing it, then they posted it on social media. I'll never understand some people's way of thinking. The worst part is I can't decide which is worse. Videoing yourself committing a crime and uploading it, or the actual crime.

Dusktildawn48

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis
I remember a few years back, some kids went on a criminal spree of burglarizing homes, video'd themselves doing it, then they posted it on social media. I'll never understand some people's way of thinking. The worst part is I can't decide which is worse. Videoing yourself committing a crime and uploading it, or the actual crime.
Much like the Chipotle situation.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, dude was shaking like crazy. I actually feel pretty bad for him if that's an anxiety issue.

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, dude was shaking like crazy. I actually feel pretty bad for him if that's an anxiety issue.
It more than likely is, given the context of what happened. Just showed my wife the video (I know anecdotal) she still has social anxiety even though she is a teacher, she picked up on it immediately. She doesn't shake anymore, but she sure as shit will turn beet red during any remote confrontation, talking sending food back to the kitchen at a restaurant or needing to return an item to a store.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The guy that did it is actually proud of what he did, on his Instagram he typed that he has no regrets, dude wants attention

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
This guy is dumb as fuck. He even retweeted it in the last 6 hours.

imgur direct linking still doesn't work.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Even if the guys are young that doesn't mean one couldn't/shouldn't be afraid. Just two months ago there was an incident in my country where boys between the age of 11 and 14 attacked a woman verbally and physically, they also recorded it. Two years ago boy under 15 hospitalized a child service worker and the boy attacked alone. Kids around this age also often know to use their age as an advantage when doing shit.
The instagram he linked to his account.

That babyface trying to act like a gangster.

giphy.gif

I understand - and think it's great, actually - that this situation could be talked about in terms of race-relations (and without a hysterical tone; though that is probably not the case on a lot of other forums).

It's definitely a factor to consider in most human interactions (and that obviously cuts both ways).

I think a lot of the reactions from this video stems from (most well-adjusted) people's revolution at treating "service class people" as lesser than.

The way people treat service people - for example, a waiter - is very telling in how they navigate this world in general; how they value labor, social-status, and what level of grace is afforded to a random person who is doing their job.

I'd like to think that part of the reason that this video "got popular" is because the harassers are black, and the harassed is white, and that there's some novelty to that power-dynamic (as it pertains to the trend of videos of "people being filmed behaving really shitty in their job-role", because people of color tend to be abused far greater than white people in service-jobs, and in this video, the roles are flipped).

But I suspect that a significant section of the clicks for this video are made up of people whose primary interest is characterizing black people as garbage, because the people in this particular video happened to be both black, and also garbage.
I mean it's not like plenty of those racist white women haven't went viral too and there's indeed been a lot. Cornerstore Caroline, Barbecue Betty, Permit Patty etc. But I doubt there's some agenda wanting to characterize white women as garbage, only to expose the racist ones. Assholes tend to get viral online, no matter who they are if they're just an asshole. That's all it takes, it ain't that deep. The guy is so visibly distressed and is getting laughed at, it evokes sympathy in anyone decent watching the clip. I went through some of the Twitter comments earlier, didn't see anime avatars and pepe the frogs, instead there seemed to be a lot of POC calling the behaviour out.

Last edited:

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wait am I missing something? They were entitled to a refund. They paid for the full meal even though an item was missing. They weren't being impolite. It seems like the delivery guy had some serious social issues and probably shouldn't be delivering food if he can't give a refund to black folk without his hands visibly shaking. They weren't robbing him. They didn't say anything mean. They're the customers.

Am I missing something?

aM i MiSsinG sOmEThiNG?

spongebob

A lot of assholes in this thread, terrible.

Oct 27, 2017
Henderson, NV
not to derail, but does anyone here do work for places like this? how's the money?
UberEATS. Not great. It's quantity based. They Gamify it so that the more you do within a certain period, the more bonus money you make. Food delivery has the potential to make the most money over people moving and item delivery, though. It's a series of short jaunts completed rapidly, incentivized.

Averages to something like 20.00 hourly if you time your shifts by lunch and dinner schedules.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I got called out for mine and recanted it since I saw how much I was extrapolating but it isn't really hard to watch this video at first with little context, missing the back story and having the idea of there being an element of racism to it. Consider all the videos that go viral these days where someone calls the cops or is doing something while black and a white person ends up scared or crying. I wasn't entirely clear on the situation. Those are teenagers in that video. They aren't surrounding him and are hardly being threatening. From a grounded perspective it doesn't look like he is in any danger there at all. Most people would see this as just a typical prick customer that you can politely but firmly tell to fuck off with their little iphone video trolling. He has an anxiety problem though which puts this in a different context and makes him an easy target for this bullying.
It's not his job to give them a refund they essentially grouped up and robbed him. Look at the situation you're sourrounded by a group of strangers angrily demanding money from you recording you. You never know what people will do these days for views.