• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still working on the Iron Pickaxe and I feel like I've played this a lot. Is this the only game you have?
Not at all. I just tend to focus on one game at a time, for the most part. With games like this I tend to push on until things start to feel too tedious then I take a break and play something else. I'm about 20 hours into this one right now.

How quickly you get tool upgrades is more about how you spend your time in-game. From my experience the tool upgrades to focus on are the Pick Axe, Watering Can and maybe the Axe. But I opted for the fishing rod as well, since I do a lot of fishing. The other stuff you don't really need to upgrade above copper.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
I'm just on the fence on whether to buy this game or not. All depends on whether it has a story and an ending.

A quick yes/no answer would be wonderful.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon germany reduced the games price from 49,99 euros to 39.99 euro's (33.61 euro's for me with the VAT removed) so I couldn't pass that up. Now to hope the germany version has english subtitles and it's easy enough to switch to them🤞🤞🤞

Also probably silly question but should the game ever get a patch for it, how would I go about downloading a patch for an EU game on my switch?
Lttp, but it should be no different to what you do now. It will either just do it in the background without you noticing, prompt when you launch or you can force it by pressing + and selecting 'Software Update'.

Oct 25, 2017
35 hours in the past ten days... *twitch*

Absolutely adoring this game. Can't believe I was initially hesitant!

Does anyone know how to get the yarn maker? I found a video showing the item within the cattle/sheep shed, but I can't figure out how to unlock it.

Also, when will I unlock the
harvest sprite shop? I have Mark/Jemma/Gennie's hearts all up to dark blue status, but maybe that's still not far enough in their friendship tree.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I have been resisting buying this since I've spent an awful amount of money on games in the last 6 weeks, but I don't think I can wait longer lol.

It is for sure the prettiest Story of Seasons ever. Friendship sounds fine/good. classic farming gameplay. Never played a Doraemon game but the characters look wonderful.

now to decide PC or Switch. They are both appealing for different reasons :)

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I played the demo for a bit tonight and I'm torn on,

It is for sure the prettiest Story of Seasons ever.

I actually think the game is hideous to look at and grating to listen to. So many character barks are that exasperated "ooHh??" The core art is ok but wow the UI elements are butt-ugly, right down to the type. The transparent dialog boxes frequently end up looking bad, too. The whole thing just ended up feeling cheap.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Love how every time I need someone, and it's a day they're supposed to be working, I go and they're not there... because it's yet another fucking festival.

Yeah, take the day off for the fastest beetle contest, DOCTOR.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone comment on the longevity of the game with relation to other SoS/HM games? Are you expected to take 2-3 years to solve the story/etc, and can you keep playing past the "end"?

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Grinded for the Gold Pickaxe and it does jack squat. It doesn't even break the 2-hit panels in 1 hit. Totally pointless.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
My import copy from Amazon Germany arrived today! So glad I'll finally be able to play this game! Here's some images of my copy if anyone is curious what the German version packaging looks like. The back of the back/inside insert is in German but considering this version was cheaper then the digital NA version on the eshop and all other physical editions I'm more then okay with that!

ObIGoYO.jpg

2CqKLja.jpg

x7PjEtU.jpg

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
I played the NA demo for this. Some thoughts:
  • It's very pretty in motion, the backgrounds are beautiful.
  • They managed to make it super quick and easy to switch between, like, storage boxes and your backpack, or the shipping container and your backpack, which is something the main Marvelous Story of Seasons franchise continues to struggle with.
  • There appears to be an Actual Mine but I skipped the scene about it so I don't know how to interact with it. Maybe you can't in the demo. In any case, it's a step up from what the 3DS Marvelous games were serving.
  • The voice acting is unnecessary and I wish it had been excised entirely, but I understand if you're doing a game based on an iconic anime property you want to have the voice actors doing something, even if it is just annoying game grunts.
  • I kind of wish the character portraits would show up when you speak to people normally instead of just in cutscenes. As it is it feels kind of hard to get a grip on any of the characters or care about them.
  • It's an Anime Farming Game, so there's no need to think too hard about it, but I was a little off put by Noby talking to the Mayor and being like "maybe this whole... child labor... thing isn't great??" and being treated like The Bad Guy for it.
Anyway, it's... fine, but when I went down to the beach area and picked up some seashells all I could think was "I wish I were playing Animal Crossing" and I don't want to purchase this game just yet because the Friends of Mineral Town remake and Animal Crossing are both coming early next year (probably) and it feels like it'd be overdose.

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
this is on sale for $15 on eshop

I love Harvest moon/ story of seasons

I played a bit of the demo yesterday and really like some of the unique things they did like stamina items and the teleportation door.
Can anyone tell me what other differences there are in this game compared to your standard Story of seasons game?

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
this is on sale for $15 on eshop

I love Harvest moon/ story of seasons

I played a bit of the demo yesterday and really like some of the unique things they did like stamina items and the teleportation door.
Can anyone tell me what other differences there are in this game compared to your standard Story of seasons game?
This is an RPG with farming mechanics, not a farming lifestyle with marriage. Thus, this is not your typical Story of Seasons game. You don't marry in this game at all, because your character is a kid, not a young adult.

You are to progress the game by assisting the townfolks with their concerns and complete objectives based on character events throughout the game.