"Doraemon Story of Seasons" (Switch) title used in game's rating in Taiwan, hint at localization?

Oct 26, 2017

http://www.gamerating.org.tw/search_game.php

You can find the rating by typing in "Doraemon Story of Seasons" in the search bar.

This is a pretty western-specific title. It'd be something like Doraemon Farm Story IIRC if they were to use a literal translation or something.

Bandai Namco is publishing it in Japan (with Brownies developing it), but it'd be funny if XSEED actually did get it, since they DID localize Fragile Dreams, Sky Crawlers, Retro Game Challenge, and Solatorobo from BN many years back on Wii and DS. Why not revive that partnership here? :P

Here's the announcement for the game from Gematsu:

https://gematsu.com/2019/02/doraemon-nobita-no-bokujou-monogatari-announced-for-switch

Oct 25, 2017
If it’s developed by Brownies and published by Bandai Namco then what is the connection to Story of Seasons? Is it also called Bokujo Monogatari in Japan? Did BN license the title or is there more to it?

Oct 27, 2017
Game looks great, so a western version would be appreciated.

Seeing Stardew Valley at the top of the eShop since it's launch is probably enough for Bamco to make it happen.
If it’s developed by Brownies and published by Bandai Namco then what is the connection to Story of Seasons? Is it also called Bokujo Monogatari in Japan? Did BN license the title or is there more to it?
Yeah looks like Bamco licensed the BM/SoS branding.

Nov 13, 2017
Doraemon (the 2014 anime) was actually broadcast on a Disney channel a couple of years or so ago. But they haven't rerun it since so I'm not sure how popular or even well known it is. They also released an ios app game at the same time.

Plus, they actually have volumes of the manga in English, but only via amazon and only for the kindle (not via comixology). Also it's not actual volume, but something like 3 chapters for 1.99 each. But I was still surprised when I found it years ago.

Oct 27, 2017
It seems Nobuta is the PC though :/ but I'd still love to see this localized.

Did the US censor the spanking? I know Brazil did not and even though the country is not squeamish about it, I was surprised to see it happening so often on the cartoon.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
Isn't "Story of Seasons" a Monogatari title, owned by Marvelous? What's Bandai Namco involvement here?
Yeah. For whatever reason BN licensed the IP to do a crossover with Doraemon... of all franchises. It's even weirder as FuRyu has the Doraemon license and just released their own Switch game. Though BN did release a party game on Wii U and 3DS which had Doraemon in it, so that may be based on that or something.

Oct 25, 2017
Doraemon is really popular in parts of Europe.

One note though HoL: Solatorobo was localised by NOE. XSEED published the game in the US using their script. (IIRC anyway)

Oct 28, 2017
Malaysia
Even if this game is released in English under the Asian label (which I hope because although I can read Simplified Chinese, reading English is easier), I can see that due to having the English text ready, it would be far more realistic to have a Western release. Even if not, then it would be a very nice import title mainly because it's already in English.

Thank you for reading.

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't like the character at all ever since I saw the show on TV, but I do love Harvest Moon(for the all 3 games of it I've played). I'd at least give this a look if it actually comes here.