• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
doraemonstoryofseasoni2kj0.png

http://www.gamerating.org.tw/search_game.php

You can find the rating by typing in "Doraemon Story of Seasons" in the search bar.

This is a pretty western-specific title. It'd be something like Doraemon Farm Story IIRC if they were to use a literal translation or something.

Bandai Namco is publishing it in Japan (with Brownies developing it), but it'd be funny if XSEED actually did get it, since they DID localize Fragile Dreams, Sky Crawlers, Retro Game Challenge, and Solatorobo from BN many years back on Wii and DS. Why not revive that partnership here? :P

Here's the announcement for the game from Gematsu:

https://gematsu.com/2019/02/doraemon-nobita-no-bokujou-monogatari-announced-for-switch

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
It looks very appealing visually and people love their farming simulators, I guess it could be a reasonable success.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
If it's developed by Brownies and published by Bandai Namco then what is the connection to Story of Seasons? Is it also called Bokujo Monogatari in Japan? Did BN license the title or is there more to it?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Game looks great, so a western version would be appreciated.

Seeing Stardew Valley at the top of the eShop since it's launch is probably enough for Bamco to make it happen.
If it's developed by Brownies and published by Bandai Namco then what is the connection to Story of Seasons? Is it also called Bokujo Monogatari in Japan? Did BN license the title or is there more to it?
Yeah looks like Bamco licensed the BM/SoS branding.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Doraemon (the 2014 anime) was actually broadcast on a Disney channel a couple of years or so ago. But they haven't rerun it since so I'm not sure how popular or even well known it is. They also released an ios app game at the same time.

Plus, they actually have volumes of the manga in English, but only via amazon and only for the kindle (not via comixology). Also it's not actual volume, but something like 3 chapters for 1.99 each. But I was still surprised when I found it years ago.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't "Story of Seasons" a Monogatari title, owned by Marvelous? What's Bandai Namco involvement here?

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
It seems Nobuta is the PC though :/ but I'd still love to see this localized.

Did the US censor the spanking? I know Brazil did not and even though the country is not squeamish about it, I was surprised to see it happening so often on the cartoon.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
Isn't "Story of Seasons" a Monogatari title, owned by Marvelous? What's Bandai Namco involvement here?

Yeah. For whatever reason BN licensed the IP to do a crossover with Doraemon... of all franchises. It's even weirder as FuRyu has the Doraemon license and just released their own Switch game. Though BN did release a party game on Wii U and 3DS which had Doraemon in it, so that may be based on that or something.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Doraemon is really popular in parts of Europe.

One note though HoL: Solatorobo was localised by NOE. XSEED published the game in the US using their script. (IIRC anyway)

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
I'd be interested in it!

I love Doraemon, the anime was fairly popular here in Italy. (i believe it is still broadcasted to this day)

winstein

Oct 28, 2017
Malaysia
Even if this game is released in English under the Asian label (which I hope because although I can read Simplified Chinese, reading English is easier), I can see that due to having the English text ready, it would be far more realistic to have a Western release. Even if not, then it would be a very nice import title mainly because it's already in English.

Thank you for reading.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
If Bandai Namco is the publisher it's extremely likely that it will be released in English, even if it's just in Asia. They localize pretty much everything these days other than im@s and City Shrouded in Shadow.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well dang, that's a surprise. Definitely keeping an eye on that!

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't like the character at all ever since I saw the show on TV, but I do love Harvest Moon(for the all 3 games of it I've played). I'd at least give this a look if it actually comes here.