• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
709.png

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, that's kinda great and really funny. Poor Geoff tho, that stuff is going to haunt him until retirement, maybe even beyond that.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why you'd deny an opportunity to put a full stop at the end of this whole thing.

Wouldn't even need to wear it for the whole show.

Luxorek

Oct 25, 2017
Poland
I can understand Mountain Dew and Dorito being stereotypical 'gamers' food, but why the pope?

What, did Geoff advertise this stuff with religious fervor? Did he conduct Eucharist with a tortilla chip and a cup of Dew?

I want the truth.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
Good. It's better not to lean on played out memes that almost no one will find funny. "Hey, remember that thing!! HUHUHU"

hoserx

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Haha. This is funny. I really like Geoff, and I like the Game Awards. I just wish they weren't on a weeknight since I work at 4am weekdays. I get it though. I'll stay up with mtn dew ofc.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Like, just do it in-between two game reveals. Silently walk out on stage in the full regalia, do a spin, then walk backstage and get changed back into your presenting clothes.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Really disappointing to hear he declined. He clearly doesnt know how powerful memes are in this day and age.

Drencrom

Oct 25, 2017
SWE
Geoff being introduced at TGA dressed up as the dortios pope with mountain dew in hand would've made me tear up from laughing.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Like, just do it in-between two game reveals. Silently walk out on stage in the full regalia, do a spin, then walk backstage and get changed back into your presenting clothes.

The game awards is his baby, I can imagine he wants to try and be classier than memes memes memes, even if gaming culture doesn't really deserve that

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
Outfit or not he'll always be the doritos and mountain dew pope anyway. Pretty sad they asked him for it though.