• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
JxIjr0n.png

scarybore

Oct 27, 2017
Liquid are now without a roster.

I assume the wording means the players are making their own org, rather than an outright disband, but roster announcements are finally happening!

Edit: Website finally loaded.

When Kuroky told me about their plans in the wake of TI9, I couldn't help but think about my own journey from professional player to team owner. After four years under the Team Liquid organization, our Dota team has decided to pursue this new dream: To build a team of their own.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Aughhhhhhh my heart. Been a lot of fond memories watching this squad, but I wish them all the success carving a path of their own. Will be waiting for the next Liquid dota roster (could be years, if last time is any guide) and seeing what these lads end up doing. It would be cool if they stuck together under their new banner and org, but life is messy and I'm fan of all their play as individuals regardless. I'll just need a flowchart.

Do OG get me now in the divorce? I'm an orphan!

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Why are people more loyal to orgs than to players/teams ?

Hope they're successful with this move.
It's half-and-half for me. I was a fan of TL as an org in other games (their stability and standing by players for as long as they wish is a big part of that), started rooting for their dota team with the Dark Seer explosive AoE drafts in the fluffnstuff days. I'm considerably more appreciative of all the individuals' play in the second iteration of the team (MC included), so my interest will necessitate a wide spread from now on.

52club

Oct 27, 2017
Why are people more loyal to orgs than to players/teams ?

Hope they're successful with this move.

For me it allows you to root for a core of players usually. The core of teams like with Secret, OG, VP, EG, and Liquid has been relatively stable. The scene seems like things are taking a turn for the worse. I hope I'm wrong.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
What my stupid, foolish heart is yearning for from Kuro and company is an org that has a regular rotation of players throughout the year à la OG, bring back matumbaman and put your strongest and freshest crew forward for TI and spread the love around.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems risky to me.

You are going to have to get all new sponsors, all new bootcamp locations, all new staff - or rehire the same people and pay out of pocket until you win something.

Unless your intention is to place top 3 every year at TI, ok that makes sense financially, but idk how good they are going to be 2-3-4 years down the road.

scarybore

Oct 27, 2017
"RTZ has been playing at 75%" That made me giggle.

Can't say I see how that rumoured EG team helps with the greed situation though, but I don't remember much of Ramzes playing offlane except that he likes Beastmaster. *shrugs*

I'd be more surprised with Sumail playing with PPD again to be honest, seemed a bridge well and truly broken. I think the other rumoured squad of Yawar, MSS, SVG & CCNC makes more sense based on that, but stranger things have happened.

52club

Oct 27, 2017
Secret rejecting Sumail might be the best thing for him. I could see PPD setting past differences aside (at least for now) for a solid NA squad like that.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
I always thought that Sumail RTZ was an unbalanced duo. They don't have the synergy of Thompson/Ana for example.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
Man. I had perhaps the worst player on my team. He was a sniper vs Ember, Pudge, AM and we had a Drow on our team. Not a great line up, sure, but what did this Sniper do?

He went magic damage. Not only that, he also bought null talismans. I am flabbergasted. Literally never experienced a Sniper player do something like that and in perhaps the worst game humanly possible to do it in.

Archon/Legend/Crusader games are wild, man.

52club

Oct 27, 2017
Man. I had perhaps the worst player on my team. He was a sniper vs Ember, Pudge, AM and we had a Drow on our team. Not a great line up, sure, but what did this Sniper do?

He went magic damage. Not only that, he also bought null talismans. I am flabbergasted. Literally never experienced a Sniper player do something like that and in perhaps the worst game humanly possible to do it in.

Archon/Legend/Crusader games are wild, man.

Did he pick sniper into that lineup or got counter picked? I do think, and heard, there is some offlane sniper experimentation. Shrapnel within a fight once sniper gets 15 is pretty good.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Don't tell me BuLba is still coaching...

Also, are they forcing RAMZES to offlane? What a silly pick-up if that's the case.

Matchmaking update

whiskeystrike

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

---- 100 hours of gametime to play ranked, fixed loophole allowing same phone number to be used on different accounts

---- role symmetry. the queue will attempt to match people by their role, ie. no crusader mids playing against divine mids in party games.

---- role report is available during the draft and beginning minutes of the game

---- ban waves for extremely toxic players, bought/sold accounts, game exploiters

---- elevated gains for people performing extremely well, anyone stomping multiple games in a row will be moved to a more appropriate mmr more quickly

---- core and support mmrs will somewhat bleed into each other, you will make small gains in one when when playing the other.

---- considering one-time paid option for ranked access, considering some kind of incentive for hard supports

edit: oh, season resets later this week, that's kind of important.

Last edited:

whiskeystrike

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What on Earth could this mean? I almost exclusively play Pos5.
honestly I'm not sure.

back when I played league you had a primary and a secondary role but occasionally had to fill which most of the time meant playing support and rarely jungle. after a mandatory fill you would be guaranteed your preferred role for the next 2-3 games but that wouldn't work out for dota since you can queue for any combination of roles or just one.

I think a big part of it is that the majority of the playerbase does not find pos5 fun. Without doing something wonky like increased mmr gains for support players (which I don't think they'd ever do) I'm not sure what you do to get people to want to play the role. Dota plus points potentially but what about those without plus?

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
idk either, you get reported for not having 20-0 killscore and you get reported for killstealing as P5
Pretty much if you lose you get reported

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Since TI I've been getting back into Dota. When I played it a few years ago, I had more than 2000 hours on the game.
Everything's going well, I started playing ranked and I'm having fun.
Suddenly, Dota is saying I need to play 50 hours of unranked to start playing ranked again. Even though I've done all my new calibration games and got a rank. It's horseshit. Is there a reason this is happening?

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since TI I've been getting back into Dota. When I played it a few years ago, I had more than 2000 hours on the game.
Everything's going well, I started playing ranked and I'm having fun.
Suddenly, Dota is saying I need to play 50 hours of unranked to start playing ranked again. Even though I've done all my new calibration games and got a rank. It's horseshit. Is there a reason this is happening?
Prolly some bugs, hopefully they get ironed out.

I got asked to confirm phone, but I already have a phone.

scarybore

Oct 27, 2017

Shira's favourite tournament, Betway Midas Mode 2, has announced the participating teams.

EU

OG (ana, Topson, Ceb, JerAx & N0tail)
TI3 era Alliance (Loda, s4, AdmiralBulldog, EGM & Akke)
TI1 era Navi (Artstyle, Dendi, XBOCT, Puppey & LighTofHeaveN)
Sir Sadim's Stunners (syndereN, Gorgc, SingSing, SexyBamboe & Wagamama)

NA\SA

Beastcoast
Anvorgesa (K1, Chris Luck, Wisper, Scofield & Stinger)
J.Storm (Resolut1on, Nine, Moo, MoOz & Fear)
Fighting Pepegas (EternaLEnVy, bryle, MoonMeander, Sneyking & Aui_2000)

China\SEA

Vici Gaming
EHOME
Fnatic
BurNIng's Legion