• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pepito

Dec 11, 2017
Insania has been one of my faves ever since the first time I saw him on the Summit couch (idr which one).

That balloon bit sure was something.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Leipzig Major Jan 18-26
Highlight VODS
https://www.youtube.com/user/noobfromua/videos?view=0&sort=dd&flow=grid

Wiki

Format
Standard Major format
- 2 day Bo3's GSL
- 1 day off
- 6 day TI-style playoffs (Bo1 LB1, Bo3 double elimination UB with Bo5 Grand Final)

Stream
https://www.twitch.tv/dreamleague

Pickban Name W-L (Win%), Bans
===TOP===========================
Leshrac 10-4 (71%), 13
Disruptor 21-9 (70%), 47
Naga 9-4 (69%), 22
============POPULAR==============
Doom 17-14 (55%), 46
Lich 21-22 (48%), 20
Rubick 13-17 (43%), 15
=========================WORST===
TA 4-6 (40%), 32
Morph 3-9 (25%), 19
SF 2-10 (17%), 10

Today two Bo3 LB(4/5) and one Bo3 UB Final on 1 stream
t1579944600z1.png

LB4 (Bo3, Winner to LB5, Loser eliminated)
1. Liquid vs [A]

UB Final (Bo3, Winner to Grand Final, Loser to LB Final)
2. Secret vs VG

LB5 (Bo3, Winner to LB Final, Loser eliminated)
3. Winner 1 vs EG

Last edited:

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
Me before that Rosh pit fight : [A] gonna lose
Me after that Rosh pit fight : [A] just won

scarybore

Oct 27, 2017
Doh, all the best to Ana.

Suppose Midone is the favourite to replace him since it was already mentioned he left a stack to join OG a few weeks back on reddit, tough shoes to fill either way (as shown at the start of last year).

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017
That's a shame, I was looking forward to the 3peat this year. Will still be supporting Topson as I love watching him play MK.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
The final day

Expecting VG to roll through EG so we get Secret vs VG again

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

"Why am I quitting dota? I love being creative and have a huge urge to bring ideas to life. I've found video games to be an amazing platform for this, as there are truly no limits and you are able to share the experiences with others. I find myself often questioning how things are in their current form and I seek for alternative ways to change the standardized models. Dota 2 as a game is this endless puzzle that offers you solutions, yet none of them completely crack it. Ever since I started to play it, it's been a journey of learning. As I played more and more, the information and knowledge of the game had an overwhelming affect on me, and it became an addiction of some sort to understand every single detail about it. Once succeeding, it gives you a feeling of fulfillment and sensation. Yet you misstep, it frustrates and infuriates you, but still encourages trying again. These are feelings that initially got me deeply connected to the game, but have faded away. This is due to me seeing the game as a competition.

The competitive environment ultimately pushes everyone to be best at all times, yet it's not possible to keep it up. We have tournaments, one after another testing each team's capability, and the reality is cruel. After dropping out of tournaments there isn't much time to reform as a team. Any major changes are a big risk, as the timeline is short. Regardless to if you really wanted to win the tournament or if you considered it as a learning experience, it is draining to consistently have bad results. There are so many losers, and only few end up on top. You are pressured to have success whether it's you, your teammates or the organisation behind you. It's a mental warfare, and your competitive spirit is what keeps you going. Living in this culture has hit me hard. Thinking about the yearly "grind" makes me feel apathetic, exhausted, and almost numb. The fact that I even see it this way, you can already feel something is off. I had to become immune to these feelings during each season, and I learned to just keep moving forward without thinking too much. My passion for the game was there, but I was at times lying to myself that everything was alright. It really wasn't, I was trying to be something other to who I am..

What's confusing for me, is that the win itself doesn't really bring me the joy. It's the creative work behind it. It's the ideas we have came up with and shared together and the polished details that eventually made the difference. What truly counts as a win for me, are the things that happen on an everyday basis. When you see improvement in front of your eyes, when your teammate takes into consideration that one thing you asked them to, and how they still accept you after your endless screw ups. While there is a lot to be invented and created in order to optimize the way the game should be played, it is more often than not wasted time if it is not aimed at improving performance. And for me it's been getting harder accept. I've grown tired from always trying to compete, getting better and aiming for a win. It conflicts with how I think, how I act and who I am.

I have no willingness nor passion to play Dota 2 anymore, and I have trouble fitting myself into my competitor's shoes. For me the decision to pursue to another direction is clear, and I have no doubts about it. I have been very fortunate to have my spot as a professional player, and I can't quite understand how I ended up at this point. Small things could have been different, and I would have never made it. I've seen the progress of this community the last 10 years and I have infinite respect for the passion-fueled people behind it, as all those have cemented Dota's place in esports. Without you this scene wouldn't exist. I want to thank every single person from Dota 2, that I've met, talked to or played with."

Last edited:

scarybore

Oct 27, 2017
I was genuinely thinking Jerax might leave after his TI interview where he said he basically stuck around cause he liked his teammates, sad to see it is indeed the case. A master of his role, he rarely had a bad game and contributed so much though the years. Going to be such a different OG without him.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was genuinely thinking Jerax might leave after his TI interview where he said he basically stuck around cause he liked his teammates, sad to see it is indeed the case. A master of his role, he rarely had a bad game and contributed so much though the years. Going to be such a different OG without him.
It's kinda hard to believe it was the same guy playing with singsong and wagamama on pandas

Sad to see on of my fave players go, his play on Liquid and OG was legendary. Have a good rest!
Has any player actually retired though

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Yeah I couldn't imagine even bothering to go for a second TI after winning one. Like you've already reached the peak of the game, where is there left to go? But he did it twice.

Makes me wonder how players like Kuro and Puppey even motivate themselves to continue playing, especially considering they've been around for fucking yearrrrrrrrrrrrs.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I couldn't imagine even bothering to go for a second TI after winning one. Like you've already reached the peak of the game, where is there left to go? But he did it twice.

Makes me wonder how players like Kuro and Puppey even motivate themselves to continue playing, especially considering they've been around for fucking yearrrrrrrrrrrrs.
It's a business for both of them.
They are company owners.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I know this isn't nearly the same thing, but I used to play competitive TF2 (JerAx did too btw!) and my team completely stomped Division 1 in ETF2L and the Wireplay league. We were probably the best Highlander (9v9) team at that point and after a while, I kinda lost interest in playing competitively. I didn't want to commit to scrimming teams every other day and what used to be a fun game for me started becoming a slog. I'll never forget my time playing tho. Met some friends for life.

tg97wY5.png

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
It's a business for both of them.
They are company owners.
I was gonna mention money but eh, they've both probably made enough from eSports that they could retire for life. I'm really surprised they're still motivated to stay on their squads as players rather than taking up more of a coaching role.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was gonna mention money but eh, they've both probably made enough from eSports that they could retire for life. I'm really surprised they're still motivated to stay on their squads as players rather than taking up more of a coaching role.
They are only 30ish, so I'm not sure what you do for the next 50 years assuming 80 year life
Jerax had a pretty awful clothing line, I hope that's not what he retired for

scarybore

Oct 27, 2017
Nicely done Secret. :)

Pretty good finals, though surprisingly slow in places which wasn't what I had expected from this patch.

heh, two days to True Sight!

Also a short Red Bull video with Jerax talking about his state of mind.

scarybore

Oct 27, 2017
Heroes now have a dedicated neutral items slot. A maximum of one neutral item can be equipped on your hero.

Glad to see this suggestion came to fruition.

Neutral item drop count per tier increased from 3 to 4 (chance from 9 to 10%)

Not so keen on this one though. :p

Tier 5 items now drop at 60 minutes (item adjustments below)

Oh fuck.

Shrines are gone, as are GPM talents, that's a pretty big shake up on its own.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Nt9J4xu.png

So a 90 second cooldown, damn that's good

iHhORSu.png

DP has silently been getting buffed for a while now, wouldn't surprise me if she encoraches on TI4 death ball press R to win meta soon

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
egFMgcQ.png

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Just tried this out, feels so fucking good. Nu-Dismember was so weird like.