• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pepito

Dec 11, 2017
Every time I think dedgaem, stuff is always shaken up.

We've had two great tournament productions back to back, 7.24 dropped on a Sunday, new True Sight tomorrow, OG's squad shakeup and Dendi announcing a new org.

V v cool. The LA Major is going to rule. Wish I could go.

scarybore

Oct 27, 2017
rumored lineup
cores: midone sumail topson
suprots: saksa notail

Half expect that to be a bit of a train wreck honestly, the line up wouldn't be lacking for individual talent, whether it would be a team is another matter.

As for a season, I view it from the first minor/major qualifiers up to and including TI, so I doubt Ana will be back for this TI (or at all to be honest) unless something drastic happens.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
I want True Sight for all the event, not just the finals. I'm sure that there are good stories to be told

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.twitch.tv

dota2ti - Twitch

The biggest tournament of the year — broadcasting live from Bucharest. The top 18 teams in the world compete for the 2021 Dota Championship and a prize pool of over $40M. Group Stage October 7-10. Main Event October 12-17. Also streaming @ dota2ti_2, dota2ti_3, dota2ti_4, dota2ti_5

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
pEBvQfJ.gif

scarybore

Oct 27, 2017
Was great to see the camaraderie and respect between the two squads, felt really rough for Mind Control and W33haa though.

Edit: OG.Sumail!

Last edited:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
The w33 Meepo SFM True Sight cinematic gave me fucking chills, so fucking good

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Fuck man, watching True Sight really made me feel a certain way. I really wanna play comp so bad.

Idk if any of you are interested, but I made a thread over on Twitter about my experiences with comp (mainly TF2), how True Sight made me nostaglc for the good ol' days and how I relate hard with the way OG approach their game.

Shit like eSports commands a certain amount of professionalism from you but we were just dumb fucking kids doing dumb shit for fun because we loved the game and enjoyed playing together and I get that feeling from OG so much when I watch these docus.

Just had to get those feelings out there, even if I'm shouting into a void. I've not followed Pro Dota this closely since 2015 and it's bringing back so many memories.

Honestly, if any of you are down, I'd love if we could just jump into a Weekend Battle Cup sometime and just play some games. Though timezones probably make that difficult. If any of you are EU and wanna just fuck about, send me a PM. I basically know no one who plays Dota anymore and playing solo is tiring.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
apparently it was Overwatch before Overwatch
That's one way of putting it, though TF2 was way deeper mechanically and felt like the last vanguard of that Quake-style competitive shooter but unfortunately it never received the support it needed from Valve comp-wise. It honestly sucks as TF2 legit could have been a popular eSport in the same way CS:GO and Overwatch are if Valve worked to cultivate the pro scene. I'm not surprised that a lot of ex TF2 pros fucked off to Overwatch once they realized they could actually be making money from games instead of just stomping the same few leagues in a game no one really played.

I remember ESL used to host a few TF2 online leagues but they eventually stopped because ded gaem. Valve started to do SOMETHING regarding competitive by adding a matchmaking mode but that was really the extent to which TF2 received any sort of competitive support, and that shit was in 2015, when most pros moved away from the game.

I will always laugh when people complain about Dota being a dead game just because it has 400k concurrent players instead of 500k, like you have no fucking idea what a dead game is, fuck off.

If you wanna relive the glory days of TF2 even if you've never played it, watch this frag movie. Easily the best frag movie made for any game ever tbh.

ROFL they gave steam medals for wins
Yeah it was kind of cool actually, you could equip it on your character in-game like Dota cosmetics. People would frequently ask me about it when I joined random pubs, it was pretty cool lol.

Haz

You have seen.
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it was cool playing games with OWL guys who are still even active on teams and keeping up with them in a lot of ways in other games before OW.
Screw competitive dota tho LUL
*I still have the EU Highlander pin thingy too, we did well (to the matches I was able to make then we lost)!
Code:
Genuine Participant - ETF2L Highlander Tournament

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Yeah it was cool playing games with OWL guys who are still even active on teams and keeping up with them in a lot of ways in other games before OW.
Screw competitive dota tho LUL
*I still have the EU Highlander pin thingy too, we did well (to the matches I was able to make then we lost)!
Code:
Genuine Participant - ETF2L Highlander Tournament
Heyyy, that's awesome :) What season if you don't mind me asking?

J2d

Oct 26, 2017
Would have made the quality of pubs even lower
It's fine in TF2 for instance where you can drop in and out of games
In a committed game like dota though? Fuuuuck that noise
I mean if they didn't encourage dumb things (dota+ already does this to be honest) and more focused on milestones like wins, trees eaten, kills etc I think it would be fine.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yo this gave me a fucking heart attack for a sec, I thought Pandas got sponsored by Clown9 AGAIN. Crisis averted.

Nice to see MISERY playing again, wish him the best of luck.
Weird that Jack is sponsoring the kid who kicked off an entire racism debate and basically sunk Complexity's Dota investments, but won't give money to EE 🤔

EE prolly won't take money till he wins something

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
OG.Midone
OG.Saksa

Full squad is

1. Sumail
2. Topson
3. MidOne
4. Saksa
5. n0tail

Interesting 🤔

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
So the leaks were real all along.

What an exceptionally talented team. Top tier players on every role. I hope they do well to justify themselves and the hype.

They even have perhaps the best DOTA 2 streamer in Gorgc.

52club

Oct 27, 2017
Watching True Sight it was pretty clear OG outclassed old Liquid. However, it was really strange for Kuro and I'm assuming the Liquid manager telling his squad to STFU and allow Kuro to have most if not all priority in shot calling.

Katsyo

Oct 27, 2017
Watching True Sight it was pretty clear OG outclassed old Liquid. However, it was really strange for Kuro and I'm assuming the Liquid manager telling his squad to STFU and allow Kuro to have most if not all priority in shot calling.

I'm still of the opinion that Heen was actually one of the key factors in Liquid's TI win. For me it seems they lost something integral after he left and why I am thinking Secret might be good for this year in addition to having a great roster.