• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Player rxns

I think overall it plays better with everyone being equal/friends.
The ones were it portrays the winners as "good guys" and losers as "bad guys" looks weak af

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
w7DyOHO.png

Wgh7ftc.gif

Katsyo

Oct 27, 2017

Hopefully they will be able to field at least one CIS team which is up to battling for wins in coming majors, for variety and audience numbers sake. Kinda feel like when VP changed their roster, the whole region seems to be in a downer, although Navi did look kinda ok in the major.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they will be able to field at least one CIS team which is up to battling for wins in coming majors, for variety and audience numbers sake. Kinda feel like when VP changed their roster, the whole region seems to be in a downer, although Navi did look kinda ok in the major.
Feels like CIS will always be this way.
VP steals from Navi, Navi steals from T3 CIS, T3 CIS steals from T4 CIS

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Worrysome DPC changes for post TI10 from the liquid site.
Not sure I understand that completely but if it is what I think it is and that the new system is going to be mostly regional... I'd loath that.

I really believe one of the reason why dota has been insanely competitive beyond the balancing is that the openness of tournament participation and tools that allow access to tournament replays have made it as accessible as possible for the willing to learn and catch up.
Systems that put barriers to entry and games that are all about concealing what the top is doing due bad spectating tools or lack thereof I think have tended to be a lot less fun to follow due a huge disparity in skill between regions.

Pretty sure dota pros over the years have said similar things in interviews about how the intermingling of teams no matter the location has helped keep the field somewhat even. Might all be useless worries cause there might still be tournaments outside these regionals where teams from all regions will clash outside the majors.

Looking at the League scene as an outsider sees dreadful but from my own experience when Blizzard made all the sweeping WCS changes during heart of the swarm is when they killed my interesting in sc2 as a competitive game, well at least that was part of it, the other part was of course being way too slow in changing up the absolutely dreadful swarmhost/Broodlord meta.

J2d

Oct 26, 2017
Man you cant assign emotes to chatwheel unless you have dota plus, that's pretty fucking low imo.

Bloodarmz

Jul 11, 2018
Started playing regularly again but I've been sticking to supports mostly.
Anyone got any recommends for core heroes for someone who hasn't been playing for a while?

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Valve Qualifier 3: Feb 9-Feb 12 (CN Feb 14-17)

Looks like OG prime will be qualifying tomorrow
OG.Seed is in the other bracket of the Open Qualifiers

Regional Qualifiers start on Sunday

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Praying for the day Medusa becomes an actual hero in this game again and not a walking -25 mmr

42ScCWz.png

scarybore

Oct 27, 2017
Group A seems predictable, but you never know with Nigma. Group B however looks pretty damn hype, I can see that being very close. Should be a fun couple of days. :)

scarybore

Oct 27, 2017
Better than I had expected from OG, Midone cliffing half the alliance team twice on the same cliff in game one was was worthy of some pogchamps.

Edit: Nigma got Meepo'd :p

Last edited:

Deleted member 20630

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Player rxns

I think overall it plays better with everyone being equal/friends.
The ones were it portrays the winners as "good guys" and losers as "bad guys" looks weak af

The bit when they're cracking up at Kuro saying OG are like monkeys and then it cuts to OG beating their chests, eating bananas, and making monkey noises is the best thing ever. True Sight has been such a treasure, and I think every game's premier tournament should have something akin to it. True Sight is the best.

Speaking of things that are great, regardless of whether or not they're a bit too strong, Void Spirit and Snapfire are fun as hell, and pro games with them have been a treat. Topson already has such a polished-looking Void Spirit. I love the little things he does like throwing Remnants into the pit just to stop Rosh steals or initiations inside the put, or the way he uses it to support Sumail when Sumail goes alone up to siege highground. Snapfire is just cool as hell.

J2d

Oct 26, 2017
Man I gotta start taking a break from trying to level up the PA arcana, feels like every carry in the game has better ways to farm than her and if you lose the first fight after deso its basically over.

Pepito

Dec 11, 2017
this is the first time... in the past year... that i've been able to be a happy NIP fan...

prison strat worked

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LA MAJOR QUALIFIERS​

SEA Qualifier playoffs (3 spots)
- Winners to Major, losers play tomorrow for final spot
t1581400800z1.png

1. Bo3 Adroit vs fnatic