• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mad Moon (Feb 19-23)
wiki
liquipedia.net

WePlay! Dota 2 Tug of War: Mad Moon

WePlay! Tug of War: Mad Moon is a tournament where eight teams will fight for a total prize pool of $300,000 USD. The tournament will be hosted in the Concert Hall VDNG in Kyiv, Ukraine. The champions of Radiant, Dire Asia, and Dire America are joined by five invited teams.

format
- two groups of four
- GSL Bo3 for seeding over 1.5 days, top 2=UB, bottom 2=LB
- Bo3 double elimination bracket playoffs over 3.5 days with Bo5 Grand Final

strim
https://www.twitch.tv/weplayesport_en

today
- two Bo1 and two Bo3 played on 1 stream
t1582200000z1.png

GSL Deciders (Bo1)
1. Gambit vs Dendi stack

2. Nigma vs Lil stack

UB1 (Bo3)
3. Group A 2nd vs GroupB 3rd

UB2 (Bo3)
4. VP vs Winner 3

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mad Moon (Feb 19-23)
wiki
liquipedia.net

WePlay! Tug of War: Mad Moon is a tournament where eight teams will fight for a total prize pool of $300,000 USD. The tournament will be hosted in the Concert Hall VDNG in Kyiv, Ukraine. The champions of Radiant, Dire Asia, and Dire America are joined by five invited teams.

format
- two groups of four

strim

today
- three Bo3 played on 1 stream
t1582286400z1.png

UB1 (Bo3)
1. Gambit vs Nigma

LB1 (Bo3 elimination)
2. Loser 1 vs Dendi stack

UB2 (Bo3)
3. Secret vs Winner 1

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mad Moon (Feb 19-23)
wiki
liquipedia.net

format
- two groups of four

strim

today
- three Bo3 played on 1 stream
t1582372800z1.png

LB1 (Bo3 elimination)
1. Lil stack vs Nigma

LB2 (Bo3 elimination)
2. Winner 1 vs Gambit

UB Final (Bo3, Winner to Grand Final, Loser to LB Final)
3. Secret vs VP

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mad Moon (Feb 19-23)

wiki
liquipedia.net

format
- two groups of four

strim

t1582462800z1.png

LB Final (Bo3 elimination)
1. VP vs Nigma

Grand FInal (Bo5)
2. Winner 1 vs Secret

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I may not be the biggest fan of Nigma but I don't like Secret so

LET'S GO NIGMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

800px_COLOURBOX4034753.jpg

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
YZZfdyE.jpg

very weird game, our offlaner picked underlord but then asked our carry to pick clock so they could switch. clock went off though not gonna lie.

scarybore

Oct 27, 2017
A lot to read, but I think it's a positive step forward. The bottom two in a lower league getting relegated with no money at all for their participation is a bit of a fuck you move.

Edit: Only top 8 of a major get money as well, don't see that going down well.

The NA leagues are gonna be hilarious, I just can't see them being able to sustain 16 teams.

Another edit: "There won't be open qualifiers to TI." Game changer.

Pepito

Dec 11, 2017
A lot to read, but I think it's a positive step forward. The bottom two in a lower league getting relegated with no money at all for their participation is a bit of a fuck you move.

The NA leagues are gonna be hilarious, I just can't see them being able to sustain 16 teams.

It is a lot to understand but just from reading it over I feel like they want to keep the league money low to get top teams to still go to 3rd party events.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Matt tweeted he thinks less time for 3rd party LAN's.
⚰ weplay

⚰ OG

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

uhnomoli

Oct 29, 2017
That's disappointing. I've gone from playing, to spectating, and I think I might be done with that now.

I hate regional league play. Always felt it was a money grab, quantity over quality. Less operating costs for organizers, more ad revenue, and none of that is seen by the lower tier teams it's supposed to be "fostering." Most regions don't have the number of teams to support such leagues, so your tier one teams spend the majority of their time steamrolling lower tier teams and getting complacent. When it comes time for the global tournaments, it's just a contest of which region developed the better meta. The regions which can support these leagues end up dominating because they are consistently playing at a higher level and the less developed regions end up falling by the wayside.

If they actually cared about developing talent, they'd restrict these leagues to the lower tier teams with decent prize money they actually have a shot at obtaining with the best teams getting slots in the qualifiers for the global tournaments. But no, can't spare any money from the mountains of cash they make off TI every year to fund a development system at a loss.

Even more boring they're eliminating open qualifiers to TI. Can't count the number of amazing games that have been provided by open qualifier teams. Now to get your spot you need to grind out meaningless games against the lower tier teams in your region. Can't imagine what that's going to get you except more teams like VP choking and less teams like OG making historic runs. Surely that's to the benefit of everyone.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'm not sure what is best for regional leagues, but I think it does give each league the chance to shine in terms of their production and tournament/league hosting.

But again does any region want to watch regional LAN's where shit stack 1 is playing poop stack 5?
I guess we will see what the state of tier 3/4 teams are.

Bloodarmz

Jul 11, 2018
6rY3UVg.jpg

Icefrog has been smiling down on me.
Only 2 losses in the last 17 games.
I noticed it says that that I only have 1 game until my MMR is calibrated, even though I've never played ranked before, I might just bite the bullet and give ranked a go.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
This dude thought I was russian the whole game and got super mad whenever I killed him lmFA0

C1vifQw.png

Pepito

Dec 11, 2017
I use Pepito as my in-game name and people are always telling me to go back to Brazil on US East.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I use Pepito as my in-game name and people are always telling me to go back to Brazil on US East.
People like to pick targets in pubs for no reason lol

It's funny cuz these guys were a 4 stack and me and my friend queued them after and I stomped the game with my signature RTZ approved™©® Arc

aTKN2LC.jpg

Folks take unranked Dota too seriously sometimes😂

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
fair and balanced heero

just give me silver on arc so i dont have to play him again pls

X2SPbf2.jpg

FNLl1BB.png

unknown.png