• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pepito

Dec 11, 2017
Yeah, they've made all of the stream assets already, slap up an online format and hope for the best.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TO's and teams are trying to make online events/showmatches to replace the Major.
We should hear about that soonish I guess.

At least Valve has the least impacted esports business model aside from like Fortnite.
OWL has 7 weekends of Homestands cancelled (games still played online doe)

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Summit 12 March 10-13
Wiki: https://liquipedia.net/dota2/The_Summit/12

Format: Two groups of three teams play Round Robin Bo2's. Top four teams play double elimination Bo3's. Bo5 Grand Final winner.

Strims: https://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit
https://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit2

Today four Bo3's on one stream
t1584028800z1.png

Upper Bracket 1
1. Eg vs OGs

2. fnatic vs Liquid

Upper Bracket Final (Winner to GF, Loser to LBF)
3. Winner 1 vs Winner 2

Lower Bracket 1(Elimination, Winner to LBF)
3. Loser 1 vs Loser 2

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Summit 12 March 10-13
Wiki: https://liquipedia.net/dota2/The_Summit/12

Format: Two groups of three teams play Round Robin Bo2's. Top four teams play double elimination Bo3's. Bo5 Grand Final winner.

Strims: https://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit

Today Bo3 LB Final and Bo5 Grand Final
t1584115200z1.png

Lower Bracket Final (Elimination, Winner to Grand Final)
1. EG vs OGs

Grand Final (Bo5)
2. fnatic vs Winner 1

Last edited:

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
I've been doing some solo queue for the past two weeks.

I really, really, really don't understand how meaningless the behavior score is. My past two BS are 10000 and 9990, yet just in the last ~4 games ( player behavior scores Similar ) I've had a carry insult me because "nature prophet isn't a support it has no nuke" and someone feed because "our MK play never ult ( which was sadly true ) so fuck that game" with obviously no answer when asking him why punishing 1 player is worth throwing the game for the other 3 players he didn't complain about. Let's not even mention all the time someone will ping 40 times after a death, or tell you you didn't cast x skill ( which was either on cooldown or out of range ).

Honestly at this point all I want is good ai/bots and never play with other randoms ever again.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
bruh I'm 1000 behavior, what do you think my games are like

"you have a battle pass, rich man - you have a job? engineer? lawyer? fuck you rich man"

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
bruh I'm 1000 behavior, what do you think my games are like

"you have a battle pass, rich man - you have a job? engineer? lawyer? fuck you rich man"
^ ^; Well saying behavior is meaningless might be an exageration, but let's at least say that a perfect behavior score does not properly translate into having only a few case of toxic behavior in game ( aiming for no toxicity at all would probably be too optimistic ), it's only less horrible.
I'm sure it's not an easy problem to solve, but I sure would love to see them try.

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017
^ ^; Well saying behavior is meaningless might be an exageration, but let's at least say that a perfect behavior score does not properly translate into having only a few case of toxic behavior in game ( aiming for no toxicity at all would probably be too optimistic ), it's only less horrible.
I'm sure it's not an easy problem to solve, but I sure would love to see them try.

After the game is over is it stated to be a highly variable game in terms of behaviour score? Personally I notice a lot less of what you mention when it is not highly varied (my behaviour score is 10K). When it is varied those sorts of things you mentioned do creep in.

Now, why Valve are doing the varied behaviour score matches at all, I have no idea. I don't see the point in havng a high behaviour score if I'm still gonna be put in games with people who have a much lower one.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
After the game is over is it stated to be a highly variable game in terms of behaviour score? Personally I notice a lot less of what you mention when it is not highly varied (my behaviour score is 10K). When it is varied those sorts of things you mentioned do creep in.

Now, why Valve are doing the varied behaviour score matches at all, I have no idea. I don't see the point in havng a high behaviour score if I'm still gonna be put in games with people who have a much lower one.
It probably does happen more often in those game, but the most recent cases were stated as ' Similar'.
That being said I also don't really get why I sometimes get those matchs, at the very least give me the option to agree or not with it if the matchmaking take too long to find a game.
Perfect behavior score is probably too easy to acheive ( which also mean that I might not deserve it either ), I don't know if it's because there isn't enough way to lower that behavior score ( reports which we get in too little number to report each toxic behavior we see, and leaving games ? ), or if it's because you get it back too fast when you only tilt like in 1 game out of 5, maybe a bit of both.

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017
It probably does happen more often in those game, but the most recent cases were stated as ' Similar'.
That being said I also don't really get why I sometimes get those matchs, at the very least give me the option to agree or not with it if the matchmaking take too long to find a game.
Perfect behavior score is probably too easy to acheive ( which also mean that I might not deserve it either ), I don't know if it's because there isn't enough way to lower that behavior score ( reports which we get in too little number to report each toxic behavior we see, and leaving games ? ), or if it's because you get it back too fast when you only tilt like in 1 game out of 5, maybe a bit of both.

Regarding the bolded they have to be careful with how they give out behaviour points. Having the majority of your playerbase with an incredibly low or incredibly high score makes the overall thing mean less. But having a good system is difficult to manage. As you alluded, they might not have it right, it certainly seems have little point in the game right now so they should probably consider rejigging it or possibly removing it.
Personally I've never run out of reports mainly cause I don't bother to report except for the really big/obvious stuff. If anything the avoid player option from the last battle pass would be something I'd like to see in the game full time, with a bigger pool of players you can avoid.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Honest to god want to know why IceFrog keeps buffing Clinkz, what does he see in that hero

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
AM got a sleeper buff in the better Battle Fury buildup + cheaper Perseverence

scarybore

Oct 27, 2017

Will be interesting to see if they use standins or since it's a charity tournament, they just say fuck it and let Topson and Midone play from SEA and Sumail from US. EG probably share the same issue but to a lesser extent if online tournaments continue to pop up.

As for the patch, I ain't even gonna try to understand the gold/exp hero bounty changes, but Boots of Travel change should allow split pushing again so that's cool.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I misread the Terrorblade fear thing, you still need aghs....................

This is what it looks like, capped real quick

r3zVUS2.png

Man, FUCK. It's a nice change but this hero really needs something nice to rejuvenate it, and that fear on Meta cast being a base thing would have been it. This is solid if you get Aghs Blessing from Rosh but that's pretty much it. No TB player with a brain is going to drop 4.2k gold on something like this which sucks because I would have loved to see an actual Aghanims upgrade that makes the item a more popular pickup on the hero.

Basically the same thing with Jugg aghs. Really nice in an ultra late game scenario when you pick it up off Roshan but you'll most likely not see it in most games. This is the case with aghs on most AGI carries tbh, really annoying.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
p4RVVIb.png

would not recommend playing now, something is up with the client lol, no one else but me is spawning. i couldn't even pick a hero and it randomed me phoenix (my last match is a win with me going 8-5 for some reason??????????? never played this hero i swear)

ZbampyE.jpg

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
GpCXUZR.png

i tried being nice to this enigma as they're ending but he just stuns me smh

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
patch always 🐛
Will be interesting to see if they use standins or since it's a charity tournament, they just say fuck it and let Topson and Midone play from SEA and Sumail from US. EG probably share the same issue but to a lesser extent if online tournaments continue to pop up.

As for the patch, I ain't even gonna try to understand the gold/exp hero bounty changes, but Boots of Travel change should allow split pushing again so that's cool.
I imagine they all traveled to LA for major
🤷‍♀️

lightning16

May 17, 2019
Been getting back into Dota over the past month. Never completely dropped it, but I'm back to 2-3 games most nights again. Been playing a lot of Windranger, Mars, and Shadow Shaman. Feels so good to ruin lives with Shaman once you get some cast range and the longer shackle talent.

Tidehunter is a ton of fun ever since they changed Anchor Smash, too. It's maybe not optimal, but Vlads + Deso on him is so much fun. You get so much lifesteal with every E. He's an absolute terror late game, too, with his level 25 damage talent.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Madmoon Charity Showmatches Mar 20-26
format: 6 regions, 4 teams per region. Each region play three Bo3 eliminations
wiki: https://liquipedia.net/dota2/WePlay/WeSave_Charity_Play
strim: https://www.twitch.tv/weplayesport_en

Today: Three Bo3 Eliminations
t1584702000z1.png

SEA (Winner to Grand final, Loser eliminated)
GF vs Boom

t1584720000z1.png

CIS (Winner to Grand final, Loser eliminated)
Navi vs Dendi stack

t1584734400z1.png

NA (Winner to Grand final, Loser eliminated)
C9 vs Aui stack

Last edited:

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just started playing the game again after a hiatus of 3 years.

Is it normal that i win every games i do in ranked and lose every games i play in casual? Im always with idiots(real ones, not the kind of people that want to get better)

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just started playing the game again after a hiatus of 3 years.

Is it normal that i win every games i do in ranked and lose every games i play in casual? Im always with idiots(real ones, not the kind of people that want to get better)
There are a shitload of smurfs in unranked. It's a total mixed bag.
For the most part ranked people at least kind of want to win.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Madmoon Charity Showmatches Mar 20-26
format: 6 regions, 4 teams per region. Each region play three Bo3 eliminations
wiki: https://liquipedia.net/dota2/WePlay/WeSave_Charity_Play
strim: https://www.twitch.tv/weplayesport_en

Today: Three Bo3 Eliminations
t1584792000z1.png

CN (Winner to Grand final, Loser eliminated)
LGD vs iG

t1584810000z1.png

EU (Winner to Grand final, Loser eliminated)
Liquid vs OG

t1584824400z1.png

SA (Winner to Grand final, Loser eliminated)
Furia vs noping

Last edited: