DOTA2 |OT| TI9 Battlepass May 7-August 25

BoxingIsCool

May 15, 2019
I imagine the MOBA skills transfer over, but I've heard the "new player" Dota experience is exceptionally rough with all the smurfs and boosters. Prepare to lose a lot to people who are way above your skill level.
Thanks for the heads up my guy. I love deep games that end pretty quick. Like mortal Kombat 11 and killer instinct. Things like that. But I’m even having trouble keeping up w just smite alone. Not sure I could do multiple Mobas

Syder

🏳‍🌈
Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could say dotes gets better once you understand the game but you will always get paired with complete toxic asshole eventually.

Big reason why I usually just play Turbo and try to have fun.

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017
Dots fun if you like smite?
I have 3k hrs in Smite and am nearing 600hrs in dota. If deep games is your thing then dota is the way to go, so much more variety and a much higher skill ceiling.
Smite's moment to moment gameplay is defintely it's strong suit (the camera and the way you control your character) but something feels missing from it actualy moba (3 lane 5v5) mode. It does have other modes though and they could end up bieng more your thing.
In terms of the length both of them have similar game times (smite's other modes are often shorter though).

OP
OP
shira

shira

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Kyiv Minor 2 (June 12-16)
wiki
https://liquipedia.net/dota2/StarLadder_ImbaTV/Minor/Season_2
format
Two groups of four play GSL, bottom 2 are eliminated, top 2 move on to double elimination bracket, first and second place team advance to Moscow Major
strim
https://www.twitch.tv/dotastarladder_en
VOD highlights
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfsOfLvadg89Bx8Sv_6WERg

Today: One LB Final Bo3, one at a time Grand Final
(Start time a little later than usual)

LB Final Bo3 (Elimination, winner guaranteed spot in Moscow Major)
1. NiP vs Sylar stack

Grand Final Bo5 (meaningless game)
3. Winner 1 vs [A]

Syder

🏳‍🌈
Oct 25, 2017
I’ve been trying Mars out for the first time the last couple days and he’s a tricky hero to build for.. like you need to be tanky and you need mana to use your spells but you end up having low right-click damage and attack speed.

I think I prefer building tanky because when you’re defending high ground and the enemy leaps on you and they’re pummelling the bulwark sound effect triggering while your healthbar hardly moves is extremely satisfying.

scarybore

Oct 27, 2017
First LGD OG rematch since TI? Neat! Group A looks a bit weak other than Secret considering the lack of any consistancy from the others, but the rest look pretty competitive.

MrLuchador

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet

Not enough imho
Hmm. They still want a chance to win, so they don't want to out right ban him and punish the rest of the players, I can understand that part of it. The charity match or whatever, I guess is to help repair the relationship between the two teams. Is the month's fine going towards a charity, too, or just whatever Ceb 'might' earn through winnings at the Epic? If so that's pretty poor.