• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Solo blasting ceb for his heated gamer moment
Quoting my reddit post :
I sure want consistency and transparency when it comes to Valve treating racism and toxicity in Dota 2.

Which is why Valve answer can't be limited to Ceb and must deal with the reality of what Valve currently allow in pubs, the perfect example being the player with whom Ceb interacted, who has a word cloud composed of : n-word, whore; whorechild; blyat, dogs, and the like.

It's time Valve react, and that reaction shouldn't be limited to pro players.
I'm not saying Valve shouldn't punish Ceb, but it's also maybe time for Valve to be more reactive to the state of pubs when it comes to toxicity not just pro players.
Even with a 10k behavior score, when I was playing more than I currently do, seeing the n-word and the like; was almost a daily occurence. And most report lead to nothing.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Quoting my reddit post :
I'm not saying Valve shouldn't punish Ceb, but it's also maybe time for Valve to be more reactive to the state of pubs when it comes to toxicity not just pro players.
Even with a 10k behavior score, when I was playing more than I currently do, seeing the n-word and the like; was almost a daily occurence. And most report lead to nothing.
As a TI Winner and someone who's name is on the chatwheel got to be held to a higher standard he should be punished, especially with the way they did skem and kuku. Usually the only way to do this is pressure the game maker or the sponsors, but with OG they are completely insulated. He's going to pay a fine and promise to be nice. Same old PR song.

You should see 2k behavior score tier.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
As a TI Winner and someone who's name is on the chatwheel got to be held to a higher standard he should be punished, especially with the way they did skem and kuku.
I agree with the notion of being held to a higher standard... but I still think that it's also the perfect opportunity to raise what is the standard in pubs, because that's low as fuck.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3sryt8to07031.png

header.jpg

guru-guru

Oct 25, 2017
yeah, that's two different things

nothing wrong with getting the terms correct

I wouldn't appreciate if someone called me racist, if I didn't actually say anything about race. Personally I think racist has a worse connotation than xenophobic
Okay, but I'm still not understanding why you're arguing over the semantics of whether what he said was "racist" or not. Why does it actually matter? It sounds like you're trying to downplay his actions. Whether what he said was racist or xenophobic, the end result is the same and doesn't change: he made a bunch of offensive statements towards Russians, for which he deserves to be punished for.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Okay, but I'm still not understanding why you're arguing over the semantics of whether what he said was "racist" or not. Why does it actually matter? It sounds like you're trying to downplay his actions. Whether what he said was racist or xenophobic, the end result is the same and doesn't change: he made a bunch of offensive statements towards Russians, for which he deserves to be punished for.
and why are you opposed to using the correct term? is there something wrong with that?

and personally I can't stand the word "downplay", I know that's used on ERA a lot and I roll my eyes every time I see it (in general, not talking about you specifically). if anything, you're trying to downplay the difference in terms by saying it doesn't matter?

so let me be crystal clear, no confusion --

No, I do not think what Ceb said is as bad as people who say something like "I hate n-word". (which is something you do unfortunately hear in various multiplayer games. I actually heard that in a Turbo game two nights ago)

Now, if you think the two things are exactly the same, then that's just your personal opinion. which I would not agree with

I have no problem with the final part of your last sentence bolded above

MrLuchador

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
What Ceb said was dumb and unprofessional for someone who is a 'professional' DOTA 2 player. He represents the game and sets the tone. If no action is taken it shows how little DOTA 2, his team and sponsor take toxic shit-chat. The xenophobic/nation-blaming that happens across DOTA will not go away, as seemingly each year we have at least one prominent member of the DOTA 2 scene saying something to offend an entire nation.

whiskeystrike

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There is definitely some anti-slav rhetoric regarding general attitudes towards Russians in the Dota community which affects any and all people associated with Eurasia. It's not at all a stretch to call it racism.

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
what is this bs for the arcana? level 350? thats so much money in my currency, why are they doing this? this years pass is so bad in terms of items and level preogresison.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
There is definitely some anti-slav rhetoric regarding general attitudes towards Russians in the Dota community which affects any and all people associated with Eurasia. It's not at all a stretch to call it racism.
I've never lived or researched Europe, so this is a serious question --

what exactly are slavs or anti-slavs? are all Russians slavs?

because anytime I see Russians, whether on TV/movies/athletes/esports players, they just look like regular white people to me?

are slavs not white people?

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
I bought the lvl 100 battle pass but aside from the Steam Summer Sale bundle I'm not buying any additional levels, it's just not worth it.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I've never lived or researched Europe, so this is a serious question --

what exactly are slavs or anti-slavs? are all Russians slavs?

because anytime I see Russians, whether on TV/movies/athletes/esports players, they just look like regular white people to me?

are slavs not white people?
Boy oh boy. wait until you find out where the concept of "white" comes from and why the term now exists (it didn't use to). I will enjoy the epiphany post upon the realization that "whiteness" is recently created bullshit, exclusively purposed as a tool of oppression that continues to be leveraged as such to this day.

And Ceb is at best a bigot full of some ugly prejudices. There is very little difference between someone who freely attacks someone based on their ethnicity and someone who attacks someone based on their skin color. All are pieces of shit and I'm sorry to see it from him. He seemed like a nice guy, but as the old saying goes, "when someone shows you who they really are, believe them." No, people who aren't bigots don't throw these sorts of comments around, angry or otherwise. They never even come to mind. Because they're not tools who would blame entire ethnicities for the issues with random person X.

Consequence

Oct 27, 2017
Patch 7.22: Oops, All Aghanims

New Aghs I want to use most: Slardar
New Aghs I hate the idea of playing against: TA

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
These Scepter upgrades are crazy!

Check out Tiny's upgrade!

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
5zmh7e16t9031.jpg

Drogon Knight
Added Scepter upgrade. Adds a 4th level to Elder Dragon Form, a Black Dragon. Gaining Scepter increases the level of your ultimate by one. Black Dragon has 50% more Corrosive Damage, Splash Damage and Slow amount. It also increases your attack range to 600 and grants you +30% Magic Resistance.