• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
High-level Dota 2 is soo good

Puppey is pretty good at interview and shit unlike Nisha and MidOne lol

Last edited:

dmgdbug

Oct 27, 2017
i think this was a prelude to the international final and i hope EG will know how to beat them when the time comes.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Taking Secret to a Game 5 is pretty impressive though.
They didn't have to play og, vp, or liquid

They had a pretty easy path to the finals. TNC, LGD were pretty bad.
Nobody knew wtf they were doing in group stage.
i think this was a prelude to the international final and i hope EG will know how to beat them when the time comes.
Much anime needs to be watched
They should hire EE and SVG as assistant coaches

eleuin

Oct 25, 2017
Still don't trust a puppey team at TI anymore but this is definitely the best iteration of secret ever

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still don't trust a puppey team at TI anymore but this is definitely the best iteration of secret ever
Team-Secret-eliminated-from-TI5-770x470.jpg

Never forget
edit: damn kky lost all his hair after TI5

dmgdbug

Oct 27, 2017
i will say that game 5 seemed more like an outplay vs outdraft. definitely think eg had a better team but they kept picking awful fights

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
i will say that game 5 seemed more like an outplay vs outdraft. definitely think eg had a better team but they kept picking awful fights
Agreed. But acting like it's the end of the world is silly. Top 3 perpetually means eventually there will be a Major breakthrough. EG is the most consistent they've been since Universe and PPD were on the train and Aui was playing Naga.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. But acting like it's the end of the world is silly. Top 3 perpetually means eventually there will be a Major breakthrough. EG is the most consistent they've been since Universe and PPD were on the train and Aui was playing Naga.
Maybe but they had a super easy path to the finals, TNC in UB1 then LGD in UB Final.

They didn't have to play VP, Liquid, or Secret before the finals.

MrLuchador

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Sven is such a strange hero. I think it's just one of those picks where I'm no good with them, I can't get the farm in. I am trying him in offlane though, early game is tough.

Man that moment when Sven goes apeshit and is unstoppable. So good.

Persisted in the end, and finally started to gain confidence to stray from build guides to suit the game. Watching the DOTAS really does help understand the game, items and builds better. I tried the old Bash Hammer on Sven, which didn't work as well as I hoped, but twas still fun to watch proc on cleave.

whiskeystrike

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone got any ideas on how many matches on average it takes to level a hero from 1 to 25?

I've got a couple of silver tiered heroes. Kinda interested in spamming one hero like Timber or Monkey to see what I can learn about them.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

MrLuchador

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
The one thing I've discovered playing in the scrub leagues is that people cannot cope with invisible heroes. It's like they don't know about sentry wards or dust. The opposite is true too. Buy a Gem of True Sight and invisible heroes don't know what to do haha

For that reason, I am now 100% a Treant Protector main.

MrLuchador

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
I forgot how much fun it was to play Dark Seer. Ion Shield is another ability that people in sub 1k don't know what to do against, which is probably because they don't come up against Dark Seer very often.

whiskeystrike

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
dark seer is fun until you play against an oracle cause he can purge off your ion shells. absolutely unlaneable against without some weird dragging the creeps around the back to make a megawave sort of tech.

MrLuchador

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
dark seer is fun until you play against an oracle cause he can purge off your ion shells. absolutely unlaneable against without some weird dragging the creeps around the back to make a megawave sort of tech.

This is sub 1k where all people care about is trying to steal the last hit from each other, and have no idea of any other mechanic in the game. People play Sniper, Drow, Zeus and Lion almost exclusively.

scarybore

Oct 27, 2017
Disappointing winning selection, I remember better options during the voting process. The only ones I really like and would use long term are the DP and Disruptor sets, but I love the Disruptor riding a squig warhammer set too much to use another, and I ain't rolling for the DP set alone. Pass from me, sadly.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Disappointing winning selection, I remember better options during the voting process. The only ones I really like and would use long term are the DP and Disruptor sets, but I love the Disruptor riding a squig warhammer set too much to use another, and I ain't rolling for the DP set alone. Pass from me, sadly.
There's probably going to be a 2nd or 3rd Chest
:gaben:

guru-guru

Oct 25, 2017
Man, it's fucking Friday, I just wanna kick back and play a couple Dota games before Raptors-Warriors start, but of course the game client is down.

Edit: and as I click post, it looks like it's working again. Cool.

Pepito

Dec 11, 2017
Crazy.

Every year I don't think we'll be able to surpass last year's prize pool but this year it's mote a matter of how much higher it's actually going to pass last year's record.

whiskeystrike

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
need a safeplace to vent but every now and then I hit a boiling point playing with certain stacks that struggle with basic dota

about to enter the hyperbolic time chamber and grind solo queue till immortal before I'm satiated because regular dotes is getting quite frustrating over my inability to micromanage and direct people 2k or 3k mmr below me.