• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

52club

Oct 27, 2017
Do they not allow you to shave your head in the EU? Dude needs to cut his losses, and hell a shaved head uncomplicates life so much.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I imagine the MOBA skills transfer over, but I've heard the "new player" Dota experience is exceptionally rough with all the smurfs and boosters. Prepare to lose a lot to people who are way above your skill level.
Thanks for the heads up my guy. I love deep games that end pretty quick. Like mortal Kombat 11 and killer instinct. Things like that. But I'm even having trouble keeping up w just smite alone. Not sure I could do multiple Mobas

MrLuchador

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Yup. Weekend DOTA is rife with smurfs and boosters.

---

I cannot win a game as Jugg at all, I guess that hero just isn't for me (or everyone knows how to counter it now).

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could say dotes gets better once you understand the game but you will always get paired with complete toxic asshole eventually.

Big reason why I usually just play Turbo and try to have fun.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Their team
tenor.gif

My team
original.gif

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017
Dots fun if you like smite?

I have 3k hrs in Smite and am nearing 600hrs in dota. If deep games is your thing then dota is the way to go, so much more variety and a much higher skill ceiling.
Smite's moment to moment gameplay is defintely it's strong suit (the camera and the way you control your character) but something feels missing from it actualy moba (3 lane 5v5) mode. It does have other modes though and they could end up bieng more your thing.
In terms of the length both of them have similar game times (smite's other modes are often shorter though).

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kyiv Minor 2 (June 12-16)
wiki
https://liquipedia.net/dota2/StarLadder_ImbaTV/Minor/Season_2
format
Two groups of four play GSL, bottom 2 are eliminated, top 2 move on to double elimination bracket, first and second place team advance to Moscow Major
strim
https://www.twitch.tv/dotastarladder_en
VOD highlights
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfsOfLvadg89Bx8Sv_6WERg

Today: One LB Final Bo3, one at a time Grand Final
(Start time a little later than usual)
t1560682800z1.png

LB Final Bo3 (Elimination, winner guaranteed spot in Moscow Major)
1. NiP vs Sylar stack

Grand Final Bo5 (meaningless game)
3. Winner 1 vs [A]

MrLuchador

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
This coach feature would almost be good, if people weren't so toxic. Half the time the coaches DC or they spend the game telling everyone how shit they are lol

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
I've been trying Mars out for the first time the last couple days and he's a tricky hero to build for.. like you need to be tanky and you need mana to use your spells but you end up having low right-click damage and attack speed.

I think I prefer building tanky because when you're defending high ground and the enemy leaps on you and they're pummelling the bulwark sound effect triggering while your healthbar hardly moves is extremely satisfying.

scarybore

Oct 27, 2017
First LGD OG rematch since TI? Neat! Group A looks a bit weak other than Secret considering the lack of any consistancy from the others, but the rest look pretty competitive.

MrLuchador

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet

Hmm. They still want a chance to win, so they don't want to out right ban him and punish the rest of the players, I can understand that part of it. The charity match or whatever, I guess is to help repair the relationship between the two teams. Is the month's fine going towards a charity, too, or just whatever Ceb 'might' earn through winnings at the Epic? If so that's pretty poor.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

slax cold calling people/companies nonstop incl elon musk lul
Midas Mode 2 title sponsor
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

MrLuchador

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
These roster changes in the lead up to TI always confuse me. You'd think teams would have their rosters nailed down and prepping hard for TI, or are my timescales for this way out.

MrLuchador

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Fair point, I hadn't even considered how toxic teams could get when losing. It's bad enough in pub games, I can't imagine how insane it is at competiative levels with money involved.

J2d

Oct 26, 2017
I completed the all hero challenge, found some new heroes I liked and lost my sanity completing others(meepo, invoker etc). Never doing that again, thank God for turbo mode.

whiskeystrike

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Invoker isn't really that hard.

Mess around with him for 10 mins in demo hero mode and you should be okayish. Having impact with the hero beyond going for the most obvious combos is where he gets tricky. You can do plenty of work staying on the outskirts of fights with alacrity + cold snap + forge spirits rather than trying to force the MLG play.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

From Mushi and Dendi to Reso and Fear
I love you forever is here.

12 days till TI9 Open Quals
17 days till TI9 Regional Quals
55 days till TI9 Group Stages
2 months till TI9 Main Stage

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Moscow Major June 22-30
wiki: https://liquipedia.net/dota2/EPICENTER/2019

format: Bo3 GSL group stage into double elimination bracket, LB1 Bo1 and GF Bo5

strim:
www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Today ten Bo3 GSL groups A and B on up to 4 streams at a time
t1561197600z1.png

1. Secret vs Pain
2. fnatic vs RNG
3. EG vs Inf
4. Liquid vs Gambit

5. Winner 1 vs Winner 2 (Winner to UB1)
6. Winner 3 vs Winner 4 (Winner to UB1)
7. Loser 1 vs Loser 2 (Loser to LB1)
8. Loser 3 vs Loser 4 (Loser to LB1)

9. Loser 5 vs Winner 7 (Winner to UB1, Loser to LB1)
10. Loser 6 vs Winner 8 (Winner to UB1, Loser to LB1)

uqdw9pbzpt431.png

Last edited:

MrLuchador

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
OG with their classic qualify late and low tactic.

What's the opinion on SirActionSlacks. I've only just started to watch a few of his videos, some have been OK, some have been annoying as hell.

whiskeystrike

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Even in divine I still get an immortal smurf or higher divine on roughly each team just about every game. Very rare to run into low mmr on a bought account, think it's only happened to me twice in roughly 700 solo ranked games when I started in 2k.

I play some party games with my friends, there's some "crusader" with only 300 matches played carrying his friends with 80% winrate on Tinker.

I don't think it's an issue when people level a new account from the first match, they'll be placed in an appropriate bracket. I created a new account last year and on my fifth match I was playing against 4.5k plus. I haven't messed with it since but it was an interesting experiment.

The problem is people buying an account that has already stabilized in a lower rank and there's nothing in place to catch that account up to an appropriate mmr. 4k guy buys a 1.5k account and can go 20-1 for 50 matches in a row and the game just gives him +25 each match. League at least lets you start making increased gains on big winstreaks

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
OMG forgot this will broadcast from China this year. Am guessing it will be local time? So middle of the night for US folks?