• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SaiST

Oct 25, 2017
What happened to Martin? They're alluding to him going through somethin' on today's pre-show, but didn't want to put his business on air.

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
I haven't gotten around to the newest Movie Review Extravaganza, but I'm listening to the Roast and Toast.

Korey's bit about how a new James Bond movie could be Bond getting his dick cut off and becoming a "transgender lesbian" was, I'll admit, kind of funny. BUT, he might've put himself into trigger territory with that one. I'm wondering how it'll go.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing wont happen.

Korey and Martin have strong progressive stance towards trans rights. Martin has a sibling who is trans.

So Toasties who watch regularly know he is joking.

TheKeipatzy

Oct 30, 2017
California for now
I haven't gotten around to the newest Movie Review Extravaganza, but I'm listening to the Roast and Toast.

Korey's bit about how a new James Bond movie could be Bond getting his dick cut off and becoming a "transgender lesbian" was, I'll admit, kind of funny. BUT, he might've put himself into trigger territory with that one. I'm wondering how it'll go.

If I recall the episode both Martin and somebody else said that he didn't know what he was talking about I pretty much took it as a joke but then again I could see if somebody got offended, I would understand why.

It like... Was so bizarre

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
If I recall the episode both Martin and somebody else said that he didn't know what he was talking about I pretty much took it as a joke but then again I could see if somebody got offended, I would understand why.

It like... Was so bizarre
I'm not one to be offended so I don't care. But I do take note when Korey says some messed up things. I don't know. Maybe that's what I like about him; the "locker room talk."

That said, I could almost sense Martin's desire to shut Korey down, right there, only in a "let's not go there" way. But hey, that's part of the fun of the podcast.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Rotten Tomatoes really did Martin dirty with his critic profile photo lmao
v1.YzsyOTkyO2o7MTc3NzU7MTIwMDs0OTEyOzYzMjg
v1.YzsyOTk0O2o7MTc3NzU7MTIwMDs1MTg7NDMy

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to those guys for that new partnership.

The rotten tomatoes segment had me laughing like crazy.

Billy's laughing was fueling the anger in Martin the whole segment, I think Korey played up the whole I can't find the email just to dig it in even more. Brilliant.

Last edited:

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
So how have the shows been lately? I haven't really listened to any new DT stuff since Goodwin left and they added Billy/Mia to the shows.

I regularly listen to their old stuff on SoundCloud though. I started a new job last year and I can listen to podcasts while I work, so I've gone through a majority of their old stuff from 2013 until about the end of 2016 right now (usually just the Sunday Service, R&T and Movie Revew show; I'd also skip emails/quizes 90%). It's pretty crazy how much funnier the shows were back in the earlier days. When I first started watching their YouTube videos after I discovered DT, I never particularly liked Tommy but listening to the old shows, I've seen in him a different light. He was such a good fourth chair. Goodwin, Tommy, Martin and Korey were the dream team combo. Tommy would constantly call out Korey for his bullshit with often hilarious results. For like a handful of months in 2015, the Roast and Toast was probably the highlight of their backlog. Tragic what happened to that woman from the hit and run.

Oh man. I saw that Resident Evil video on my YouTube recommendations yesterday and thought Goodwin had come back for a cameo or something. Loaded the video up and saw Mia was in it.

image.jpg

I really dislike Mia on What Up Son. It was one of my favorite shows with Danielle as a cohost. Mia just doesn't have it imo.

Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The shows have been fine lately, since it's mostly just been Korey+Martin with Billy and DJ sometimes. They definitely have taken a hit with Goodwin and Girts leaving and I don't think Billy or DJ are as good. They definitely need some new blood.

What Up Son hasn't been as great since Danielle left and Korey brought Mia in.

Last edited:

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot stand that DJ dude, but Mia is a fine addition and is even funnier than KCoolman most of the time.
yeshrug.png

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Mia is fine she's definitely no Danielle who is great when she doesn't say something infuriating like the tape thing but still

Billy is fine but I remember that Goodwin took a while before he grew on people and became a better reviewer and I imagine Billy will get better

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
They're fun to listen to and I don't watch every video, but do these guys truly love any movie? How many better than sexes do we get per year? I don't remember ever watching a video where Martin gave a movie that score for example.

Jon

Oct 25, 2017
They're fun to listen to and I don't watch every video, but do these guys truly love any movie? How many better than sexes do we get per year? I don't remember ever watching a video where Martin gave a movie that score for example.
Martin gave crazy rich asians better than sex korey full price

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched what up son, Mia not knowing Gary Coleman passed away killed me. Every once in a while there is somebody who did not know he's dead.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Mia is fine she's definitely no Danielle who is great when she doesn't say something infuriating like the tape thing but still

Billy is fine but I remember that Goodwin took a while before he grew on people and became a better reviewer and I imagine Billy will get better

That would require Billy actually seeing movies, I don't think he's seen a single one yet with the group.

Mia is never going to be Double D good, largely because Dany was just such a glorious train wreck. And second, he is Korey's wife. Gloves are on.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
Great predator review. I pretty much agree with everything Korey said. Just good dumb fun from start to finish.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
wYJwlue.jpg

Interesting. This just popped up on YT for me. I wonder what "restructing of the business" means?

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Probably making their site free with ads? I think Korey has talked about that a while back.

This would be a really bad move. There's no money is website ads anymore. I believe the website Giant Bomb has both ads and subscriptions. They said that they would be dead today if it wasn't for subscriptions (and they're a lot more popular than DT).

Korey would pretty much be torpedoing his revenue stream.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Their review of Venom is fucking hilarious.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
video not working what happened?
Working on my end, if embeds don't work try the direct link
Basically, the rep from Hops and Grain thought the show took a turn for the worse towards the end of the show as Korey decided to ask for money in order to chug an almost empty bottle of whisky and take AMA questions while doing so. He also didn't appreciate Korey's joke about their drinks almost killing him.