• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, Sammy does a lot in the background. Danielle did too, actually. Hopefully they aren't going to be understaffed in that regard.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Losing the dirty Girtty, Goodwin, DD, and now Sammy hurts. Korey is just uninteresting and far too ranty when alone

Oct 25, 2017
Damn what? Is Sammy leaving on good terms? Was there some dramatic thing that happened? I'm just catching up on episodes from last week.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damn what? Is Sammy leaving on good terms? Was there some dramatic thing that happened? I'm just catching up on episodes from last week.
No, he's just moving on to pursue more interests. It's on good terms.

Korey just went on a rant about people assuming someone leaving is due to drama. Specifically, a Facebook comment about how "Double Toasted just feels like a business now" and how stupid of a comment it was.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It seems to me that it'd be easier to hold onto people if Korey actually paid them to do the show.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
And then there was Martin and Korey? Is Martin next? 😨

I personally haven't listened to an entire show from DT since Korey G left. Just lost all interest. I don't even really care about their Endgame impressions anymore.

TrashHeap64

Dec 7, 2017
Austin, TX
Man I haven' watched DT in a long time but whenever I see the thread bumped I think "uh oh, what happened this time?"

I have a lot to catch up on. Its probably been a year since I watched any of their videos.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It seems to me that it'd be easier to hold onto people if Korey actually paid them to do the show.
Sammy and Goodwin were actually being paid. Girtz was supposedly about to. Not sure about Danielle.

I still enjoy DT. The Korey/Martin dynamic is still good, and Oz and Billy continue to both be fantastic on their own shows. I do admit that their new blood (DJ Miles, Chris) haven't really clicked with me yet.

Oct 25, 2017
No, he's just moving on to pursue more interests. It's on good terms.

Korey just went on a rant about people assuming someone leaving is due to drama. Specifically, a Facebook comment about how "Double Toasted just feels like a business now" and how stupid of a comment it was.

Just watched last week's Roast and Toast and laughed my ass off at Korey coming to his senses, but obliterating the Ryan guy who posted the original comment, only to get an email from Ryan at the end of the show and reading it on the air before catching the "keep this private" request buried at the end. fucking lmao
I still enjoy DT. The Korey/Martin dynamic is still good, and Oz and Billy continue to both be fantastic on their own shows. I do admit that their new blood (DJ Miles, Chris) haven't really clicked with me yet.
Same for me. Took a break from DT after the Danielle-Goodwin-Girtz exodus, but the Korey-Martin duo always brings me back. Never been a fan of Billy, but even he's growing on me now that it looks like he's not "trying" as hard.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Now that im unsnapped, the whole Ryan saga had me dying lmao. Heard the first half on the way to work so it was percolating all day. When I finally got to the email section on the way home and martin goes "Hey i read ahead a lil, can you tell me what that first sentence in the next paragraph is" i could barely contain myself on the bus at the reveal

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
Girts came back for Sammy's last show.

Gonna miss Sammy ain't seen shit though I'll admit it hadn't been the same since Ian left. He and Sammy had great chemistry. A shame Ian wasn't on the final show as well.

Oct 25, 2017
Billy and Martin's reaction to the Sonic trailer yesterday killed me

nx2cE0k.gif

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017

As someone who saw this movie, this review is truthful and hilarious.

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't posted in here in a bit. I still watch DT (only on YouTube), but I've been out-of-the-loop on Sammy leaving. That's a shame. It's just the nature of the beast, so I empathize with Korey feeling tired of people asking about where the crew is.

I've never seen Korey look so exhausted. He reeeeeaally needs a break. Just finished watching his live reaction to It: Chapter Two, which apparently he was recommended to start doing to help out the business.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017

This is my favorite review in awhile.

Thank God Marvel got the rights back as the franchise turned into movies where NO ONE wants to be involved.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Enjoyed these vids today. Needed the humour of the first to balance the anger of the second.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I've disagreed with Martin with Shazam and John Wick 3 this year (he was "eh" on those while I ended up absolutely adoring both), so let's hope the same thing stays true for Far From Home

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
I'm still catching up on the podcasts. For the Weekly Roast & Toast for 7/2/2019, they actually mentioned my Facebook comment about potential Billy excuses! I was the one who submitted "I got invited to a TED Talk on making excuses." Everyone had a laugh during that segment but man, I really wish Billy knew what a TED Talk was so the joke could've landed better.

It was cool being mentioned though. They appreciated that my comment was quick and to the point and not some bullshit essay trying to be funny.

Jon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still catching up on the podcasts. For the Weekly Roast & Toast for 7/2/2019, they actually mentioned my Facebook comment about potential Billy excuses! I was the one who submitted "I got invited to a TED Talk on making excuses." Everyone had a laugh during that segment but man, I really wish Billy knew what a TED Talk was so the joke could've landed better.

It was cool being mentioned though. They appreciated that my comment was quick and to the point and not some bullshit essay trying to be funny.
lmao so it was you, billy not knowing what TED talk is brought more jokes

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah honestly Korey going "Alright here we go, we finally got the perfect one" followed up by Billy not actually getting it was too funny

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
The Crawl review is fantastic. Movie sounds great, tbh.

I hate this new thing where they censor the word "fuck" on all their Youtube videos now. I understand why they're doing it (fuck Youtube) but it takes away so much enjoyment from their banter.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
So what was the verdict of the Joker review? I don't have any interest in watching the movie but still curious about what they thought of it

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I can't do their reviews anymore. Korey just rambles on too much. It didn't bother me at first, but now I'm like, "Get on with it already!" It's like he's getting paid by the minute or something and he's just wasting time saying stuff we already know.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

This is pretty nice. Will be able to watch their full shows more often.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

This is pretty nice. Will be able to watch their full shows more often.

I figured this was going to be that with all the teasing he mentioned.

Only thing I'm worried about is that Double Toasted sometimes uses.... loaded language. I hope that doesn't get them banned at some point.

Jon

Oct 25, 2017
I figured this was going to be that with all the teasing he mentioned.

Only thing I'm worried about is that Double Toasted sometimes uses.... loaded language. I hope that doesn't get them banned at some point.
korey as repeated this fact so many times nothing will change in terms of their content language and so on just a different platform, but its a wait and see approach now