• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 28, 2017
Any thoughts on this one?
Mod Edit: We do not provide a platform for Boogie or his content here

Last edited by a moderator:

LordDraven

Banned
Jan 23, 2019

Dhuggs_

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
I'm slowly moving away from watching twitch or YouTube personality/streamers now, because it feels to me that almost 80% are complete assholes and terrible human beings.

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm slowly moving away from watching twitch or YouTube personality/streamers now, because it feels to me that almost 80% are complete assholes and terrible human beings.

I stick to YouTube..and only certain specific ones. CallMeKevin, RTGame, A Jolly Wangcore, GameGrumps (obviously post JonTron..and usually just wait for compilations), airforceproud95, Mitten Squad.. they've all been good watches so far.. god I hope they haven't done anything shitty lol

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
There was an antagonistic relationship between the chinese and everyone else in h1z1. The Red Army was a group of chinese players led by one guy named EMOQQ. They would would team in NA solo games with enormous groups of 30+ people. The Chinese would yell "China Number 1!!" over proximity chat and Americans would respond "Taiwan #1!!". There's a great clip of a twitch streamer infiltrating a fucking horde of dudes in red shirts and killing like 15 of them.
Thanks for the informative reply.

Naru

May 11, 2019
I just listened to the latest "Kinda Funny" and did hear about the Twitter thing. I agree with Greg that the attack on Jason Schreier (and his hairline) was very low, even if it was in character. Most of his followers see him and Dr. Dis as the same person. It's also not like he needs to play the bad guy to get attention, this whole bathroom ban probably gave him so many new followers that it was like a promotion for him. And 2 weeks for breaking California law and Twitch TOS is a joke. Like Greg said, what does he need to do to get a perma ban? Kill someone on stream?

And all this "I am the bad guy" thing is totally weird since he broke character and cried on stream about cheating on his wife. I thought that was a point where you make a reality check, grow up a bit more and bring your brand with you up the maturity ladder.

Dre

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
On the day of his comeback stream he will get a metric ton of new subs ... guaranteed.
And on this day humanity will die a little more.

HeavenlyOne

The Fallen
Nov 30, 2017
Your heart
Live shot of current Dr. Disrespect Stream:

220px-Ghoulies_Poster.jpg

XzJVkfO.jpg

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Most of his followers see him and Dr. Dis as the same person.

Highlight this.

I have never seen the "character as content creator" shtick ever work, especially in the long term. It didn't work 10 years ago in the heyday of angry reviewers and it doesn't work now with modern YouTube personalities and Twitch streamers. At the end of the day the "character" always boils down to the actual person using a username, and all Dr. Disrespect is doing is adding a costume like all the angry reviewers from 10 years ago used to do.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
He is back on twitch today. Stream just started. 56k viewers and climbing
Up to 74.1K fools viewers in under 20 minutes.

You know, just in case there was any confusion around here or the Internet in general as to why Twitch admins are too cowardly to actually stick with a punishment length or ban him completely.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I am not a fan of watching anyone play video games, and obviously I think what Doc did was idiotic but damn is his stream the only one I have ever found entertaining in the slightest. Almost to 80k, sheesh.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
We're you expecting people to just continually shit on him?
Shits over, thread should be closed really
For a racist scumbag who sends his rabid fanbase to attack journalists? Yes, this guy deserves continued criticism until he actually shows some level of maturity & taking responsibility for what he has done & said.

Says a lot about people who continue supporting him.

Mountainous

Banned
Jun 22, 2019
love him or hate him. You cant deny the hustle he puts into his production. He is league above other streamers in terms of production quality. I have a feeling that his "doc" persona is 75% of how he thinks and treats people behind closed doors. I don't think he's a good person.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if others who already have a relatively sizable audience will follow suit and do "controversial" things live on stream to boost their numbers when they return after their two week ban.

Wonder where the line is? The guy who beat his girlfriend also got a two week ban initially. But if I recall correctly, the Twitch audience didn't accept this and he was later permabanned? So the line is somewhere between showing minors peeing, and beating your girlfriend? Twitch needs to clarify this.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
Wonder if others who already have a relatively sizable audience will follow suit and do "controversial" things live on stream to boost their numbers when they return after their two week ban.

Wonder where the line is? The guy who beat his girlfriend also got a two week ban initially. But if I recall correctly, the Twitch audience didn't accept this and he was later permabanned? So the line is somewhere between showing minors peeing, and beating your girlfriend? Twitch needs to clarify this.

I mean Doc went from being a top streamer on Twitch to being a top streamer on twitch. I doubt everyone out there thinks they can replicate anything.

Mountainous

Banned
Jun 22, 2019

getting on Livestreamfails is already a huge marketing move that I don't doubt that most streamers are aware of the boost that LSF can give. It's just how it works. You either wallow in mediocrity or become the flavor of the week through LSF to get a boost in viewers.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
love him or hate him. You cant deny the hustle he puts into his production. He is league above other streamers in terms of production quality. I have a feeling that his "doc" persona is 75% of how he thinks and treats people behind closed doors. I don't think he's a good person.

dude has hustle, high production values relative to even other top Twitch channels, is an entertaining performer, donates to charity, and manages continued success through all his highs and lows

love him or hate him, that doesn't even come close to cancelling out his overall shittiness, and this would be a slightly better world if 1) he became a better person and/ or 2) more people cared that he's not a very good person

all I want, man