• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

smellyjelly

Avenger
Aug 2, 2018
Of all the things to come out of this I didn't expect to find myself agreeing with DSP.

For the most part, anyway.
93f.jpg

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Imagine defending someone filming minors urinating as the hill you want to die on.

OP
OP
Lashley

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
This one needs to go because I disagree with what they are saying? I haven't taken much of a position on this yet but you can't just try to ban someone because they say "this is an unintentional oversight." That seems like a reasonable answer, you may just not agree with it.
You said filming minors in a bathroom was fine. You actually even blamed the minors for being there

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Dismissing Racism
He did a lot of shitty Chinese accent/gibberish talking when he played pubg. It was pretty gross.

In what world making fun of an accent or pretending to talk another's language makes you a racist? Comedians do it all the time, I'm french and plenty of americans make fun of the notorious accent when we speak English, does it make it racist? Is typing "Zee Germans" racist as well? Call it stupid or childish but defining it racist is kinda stretching it in my opinion.

The guy is a moron for his video stunt and he deserves the ban from E3 and Twitch (though I'm sure he'll be back to streaming in no time) but the piling up in this thread is something else. You guys got a big hard on for streamers.
He cheated on his wife besides, that's between him, the wife and his closed ones, does that impact any of you? Is it that uncommon to be in the spotlight and for an adulterer?

razakin

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finland
In what world making fun of an accent or pretending to talk another's language makes you a racist? Comedians do it all the time, I'm french and plenty of americans make fun of the notorious accent when we speak English, does it make it racist? Is typing "Zee Germans" racist as well? Call it stupid or childish but defining it racist is kinda stretching it in my opinion.
Maybe you'll change your mind checking this post.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm a huge fan of the guy but what he did was indefensible. Hopefully he learns the error of ways. I hope if he's permanently banned he will come over to Mixer or something.

Deleted member 38050

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Everything I hear about this guy is him doing some absolutely heinous shit. What's the appeal of him? Why does he have so many fans? He seems like an absolute asshole.

Deleted member 225

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do you people spend time watching people like this?

The fuck is wrong with you get a hobby or a friend.

FancyPants

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

FWIW, I agree with you on accents. But he went far beyond just that, and has on multiple occations. He might as well have put his fingers to his eyes and stretched them.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
DSP has been on point twice in the last month, I don't know if that's a sign of growth or how far we've fallen.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
Yeah, he's out for a week, not getting E3 filmed means loss of lots of money. This will be the last IRL he does tho, he will not take chances anymore.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
This one needs to go because I disagree with what they are saying? I haven't taken much of a position on this yet but you can't just try to ban someone because they say "this is an unintentional oversight." That seems like a reasonable answer, you may just not agree with it.

Sure, defend an account with 13 posts saying that filming minors in a bathroom is an unintentional oversight and the minors are the ones at fault. I think banning you too seems like a reasonable answer, you may just not agree with it.

Dracoonian

Dec 6, 2017
What a shithead. Also, was he really playing games with a complete red tint over his eyes just to keep up his brand?

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Still no word on how long his ban is? Twitch won't permanently ban him, so he'll be back unfortunately.

Norwegian_Imposter

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 weeks): Rationalising racism
Maybe you'll change your mind checking this post.
Disrespectful I agree but aside from the driving comments the rest was about the hacking issues in h1z1 and pubg.

The rest is similar to what the muppets do with the Swedish chef. Or the way Americans go "oh do you know the queen and London" to British people

Or when Americans go "what's this called?" When pointing to an elevator to me as a British guy when I lived in the US. He's a tit and a what he did as e3 was awful and his affair was fucking awful too.

Oct 27, 2017

You haven't taken a position on it yet?

I would be pretty pissed off if someone burst into a toilet and filmed me using it, but as a parent of a little boy you'd be leaving that bathroom with more than a Twitch ban if you filmed him using it.

Horrific.

And you should be be ashamed.

Kaim Argonar

Dec 8, 2017
Everything I hear about this guy is him doing some absolutely heinous shit. What's the appeal of him? Why does he have so many fans? He seems like an absolute asshole.

He's not my kind of streamer, he's too histrionic and does way too much questionable stuff for me (to put it lightly), but people here are being reductionists out of anger towards this asshole and why people like watching him.

People watch him not only because they're kids, or because he screams. People watch him because they find him entertaining for whatever reason. I watched him for a couple of days to see what was all the buzz about. Out of all the streamers I've seen, he's the one that has worked (or commisioned, I don't know) more in the production values and presentation of his stream. Intros, custom overlays for different situations and several "fake locations" where he does dumb things while he plays his character in between rounds (people on th chat seemed to REALLY enjoy these stunts).

I'm not watching this idiot. I'm too old for this shit and too tired to hear people spewing hatred, but I don't think it's smart either brushing off with easy dismissals why people watch him.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Why do you people spend time watching people like this?

The fuck is wrong with you get a hobby or a friend.

I guess it's part of humanity for some people to attach themselves to others. Decades ago those might have been politicians, authors or activists in some field. People with ideas or agendas. That still exists, it can still help humanity or cause problems, but for better or worse these days more young people will rally behind people who stand for nothing, maybe entertainment if you're kind.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Disrespectful I agree but aside from the driving comments the rest was about the hacking issues in h1z1 and pubg.

The rest is similar to what the muppets do with the Swedish chef. Or the way Americans go "oh do you know the queen and London" to British people

Or when Americans go "what's this called?" When pointing to an elevator to me as a British guy when I lived in the US. He's a tit and a what he did as e3 was awful and his affair was fucking awful too.

Whataboutism, whatabouttism.