• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DannyGlover

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Kind of a different topic (since I 100% agree with banning Dr. Disrespect), but around 5 years ago, there was a video of two 49er fans knocking out a man at the Levi's stadium bathroom. This probably ended up being useful evidence for the prosecutors (one guy got 5 years in jail), but I'm also wondering if the guy filming could have got in trouble for clearly filming in the bathroom.

Nov 27, 2017
California
Dumbass
Also combine that with that "mobile gamers aren't gamers post" take the L

You gotta at least now you can't film inside a bathroom, cmon man

I think they'll let him back if he doesn't get sued or face charges for filming in the bathroom.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
I'm 35 years old and have never used a urinal in my life because I value privacy, so I understand. I don't think banning Doc from Twitch, putting a halt to his career, is the appropriate course of action here.

If anybody in those bathrooms wants to take legal action, it should be handled accordingly. I'd still put most of the blame on the person filming. Had I been filming, I'd have used better judgement and waited outside of the bathroom. It's common sense.

At the end of the day it's up to Twitch what is ok on their platform and what isn't, and nobody else's opinion is really worth anything on this.

I certainly know if I was a higher up in Twitch I would be super cautious about one of our biggest streamers showing a kid pissing and would have done the same thing.

Whether they'll regret it/miss the views and bring him back is another question.

His career is the last thing to worry about though, the very nature of being a Twitch streamer or YouTuber is that your star can disappear at any moment and this is one of countless reasons for that. Someone could come along who does your shtick better and everyone could stop caring about you at the drop of a hat, that's how the game goes and you don't stream for a long, stable career unless you're an idiot.

He's made millions from Twitch and could continue doing the same via YouTube or plenty of other ways if Twitch was a no go for good, his career and livelihood are not at risk in any sense. And once again, even if it is, Twitch has every right to do that.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
lol

Damn that Era hivemind, achieving consensus on something as harmless as *checks notes* filming people peeing without their consent being a bad thing. Better go talk about this on thebore.

You think filming people going to the bathroom without their consent is harmless? One of them was underage. If I saw someone filming one of my children going to the bathroom that person would be having a pretty bad fucking time.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
You think filming people going to the bathroom without their consent is harmless? One of them was underage. If I saw someone filming one of my children going to the bathroom that person would be having a pretty bad fucking time.
570ccadc6f792041a972d425703bffb8.jpg

Chris1215

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Indianapolis
What an idiotic move. Even if for some reason Twitch does allow him back, it's a safe bet that he'll lose all of his sponsors which seems to be a lot. I can't imagine what he was thinking doing this

Deleted member 55421

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 29, 2019
I like watching him sometimes, but hes a bit of an idiot.

Worst part is, this publicity will only help his stream when he comes back.

Grimace McRib

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
You really can't plead ignorant on that kind of mistake, but his channel will be back without a doubt unless Twitch actually upholds some sort of standards (and they won't because of money). For people saying he's an asshole, that kinda is the character and persona he plays out correct?

blacklotus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Doing that shit falls in line with the character he plays.
Not thinking about the whole picture and outcome falls in character with what he seems to be.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Yawn. This thread is full of people shitting on anyone who even enjoys the guys streams, my response was hardly out of context. What a sad state the era echochamber is these days.

I'll leave this thread now so you can all look down on me in peace.

You can rest assured that an individual is posting in good faith when they start leaning on that "era is an echo chamber" shit...

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean.... it could be worse. I read the title and thought it was another streamer dropping N bombs lol.

I am sure he will be fine. Rules are different for popular streamers. Small timer would have been perma'd in an heartbeat.

PhoenixDawn

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty fucking stupid of him, what kind of self absorbed world do you have to live in that you think it's ok to just film in a public bathroom? It's weird enough how much they flaunt themselves in these IRL streams pretending the rest of the world is just nonexistant or a meme while they are general assholes in public, but to do it in a bathroom is even worse..

Of course he'll be unbanned in a week like basically everyone else twitch has 'banned' because it seems like they just want the headline of the ban and then undo it not too long after to get the ad money from the viewers as well..

browinie

Oct 26, 2017
He went into the toilet 4 times with he's camera man? 4 times?!? This guy isn't a complete idiot, surely he knew what the consequences of doing this would be. I'm almost certain this is a deliberate stunt for publicity.

Oct 28, 2017
taking about all this "minor" thing, directly from E3 faq:

No one under the age of 17 may purchase a pass to E3 and no one under the age of 17 (including infants) will be admitted. THIS POLICY IS STRICTLY ENFORCED. All E3 attendees are required to show government-issued photo ID (such as a driver's license or passport) upon request to verify age.

so yeah, for all the press and people with pitchforks here (only about the "minor" thing), yes there is a possibility that that guy was 17, so a minor then. Unlikely by statistics tough.

Yas

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Arctic Circle, Finland
The ban violates Twitch TOS, so it is feasible and just. I know IRL streamers who go out of their way to avoid violating Twitch TOS, which can be difficult when out in a major city. This was pretty reckless. I still feel like there is a gray area for enforcing these laws in this specific case, which is all I'm trying to communicate.
There is nothing legally grey in this case. There was a clear intent to film on bathroom. There is no negligence defense for this. The courts expect you to know the laws. If one doesn't actually know it is not a viable defense in most of the courts. We also have a filming of a minority on the stream which makes it so, so much worse offense.

It's beyond reasonable doubt that the cameraman committed up to 4 misdemeanors. It's also beyond reasonable doubt that dr. Disrespect was part of the violations.

TheLoCoRaven

Banned
Dec 4, 2017
Yea pretty dumb.I've walked into bathrooms with little kids at the urinal with their pants around their ankles. You never know what you'll be walking into.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Saddest thing about this situation is that nothing will happen. He'll just get a slap on the wrist and move forward. He's one of Twitch big moneymakers after all. I know a lot of people keep defending his garbage based purely on "It's a character", but I think there are a time and place to play it, and as a society, we shouldn't let this kind of stuff happen just because "it's a work of fiction".

taking about all this "minor" thing, directly from E3 faq:

so yeah, for all the press and people with pitchforks here (only about the "minor" thing), yes there is a possibility that that guy was 17, so a minor then. Unlikely by statistics tough.
Having been there at E3, this whole "no minors" policy is never respected. Just take a quick glance at the Just Dance/Nintendo booths and they are always FILLED with children, mostly sons/relatives of executives there.

Oct 28, 2017
Having been there at E3, this whole "no minors" policy is never respected. Just take a quick glance at the Just Dance/Nintendo booths and they are always FILLED with children, mostly sons/relatives of executives there.

and that's fine. but as long as Dr Disrespect should not have filmed in the bathroom (I agree on this, stupid thing, avoidable but nothing that I will say is to kind call for the gallows), in there shouldn't have been any kids present. not only in the bathroom but in the expo itself I mean... by EXPLICIT AND STRICTLY rules as reported...

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
and that's fine. but as long as Dr Disrespect should not have filmed in the bathroom (I agree on this, stupid thing, avoidable but nothing that I will say is to kind call for the gallows), in there shouldn't have been any kids present. not only in the bathroom but in the expo itself I mean... by rules...
Yup, agree with you on that, is supposed to be a business/trade/press show, but some of the attendees still use it as a daycare. That's the ESA enforcing stuff for you.

Dec 29, 2017
The bad thing is he will probably get a huge influx of money from this. As soon as he's back, we all know he will be, subs and donations will be through the roof.

DSync

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wicked

Guy cheats on his wife

"i'm sorry"
"WE FORGIVE YOU KING!"

Literally films himself going into a public restroom

*gets banned*

*comes back*

"i'm sorry"
"WE FORGIVE YOU KING!"
"WE STAN A KING!!!"

And he fucking won trending gamer of 2017 which should of been Andrea Rene

He's a piece of shit

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm 35 years old and have never used a urinal in my life because I value privacy, so I understand. I don't think banning Doc from Twitch, putting a halt to his career, is the appropriate course of action here.

If anybody in those bathrooms wants to take legal action, it should be handled accordingly. I'd still put most of the blame on the person filming. Had I been filming, I'd have used better judgement and waited outside of the bathroom. It's common sense.
What in tarnation. How have you never used a urinal before?!

I get there are some sketchy ones. Like the ones that are when you immediately there when you walk in and you sometimes see a schlong. But nowadays, there is walls on them and enough space for privacy

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Oh wicked

Guy cheats on his wife

"i'm sorry"
"WE FORGIVE YOU KING!"

Literally films himself going into a public restroom

*gets banned*

*comes back*

"i'm sorry"
"WE FORGIVE YOU KING!"
"WE STAN A KING!!!"

And he fucking won trending gamer of 2017 which should of been Andrea Rene

He's a piece of shit

I mean, him cheating is none of our business per se, since we have no idea what is going on in their relationsship, and is nothing compared to this latest thing (unless I am missing a point you are making).