• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
and that's fine. but as long as Dr Disrespect should not have filmed in the bathroom (I agree on this, stupid thing, avoidable but nothing that I will say is to kind call for the gallows), in there shouldn't have been any kids present. not only in the bathroom but in the expo itself I mean... by EXPLICIT AND STRICTLY rules as reported...

It's important we follow rules right?

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
Maybe he should give the asshole douchbro persona rest if he gets all teary eyed when shit gets real

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
and that's fine. but as long as Dr Disrespect should not have filmed in the bathroom (I agree on this, stupid thing, avoidable but nothing that I will say is to kind call for the gallows), in there shouldn't have been any kids present. not only in the bathroom but in the expo itself I mean... by EXPLICIT AND STRICTLY rules as reported...

Oh, I'm sure the good doctor said "Hey, I have a good idea! I'll film in a public bathroom four times! First, though, I'd better check to make sure there won't be any kids in there. Let me just check the official E3 website. Cool, it says there shouldn't be any kids at E3. Now I'm completely absolved!"

At this rate, the VGAs need to have an "In Memoriam" segment for all these Trending Gamers doing stupid things.

DSync

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, him cheating is none of our business per se, since we have no idea what is going on in their relationsship, and is nothing compared to this latest thing (unless I am missing a point you are making).

Just that he's trash yet people still follow and support him

And like people have said in this thread he'll come back gain a ton more subs and money and will most likely make some fake ass "apology"

Also unrelated but holy shit is your avatar from Begotten?

Oct 28, 2017
Oh, I'm sure the good doctor said "Hey, I have a good idea! I'll film in a public bathroom four times! First, though, I'd better check to make sure there won't be any kids in there. Let me just check the official E3 website. Cool, it says there shouldn't be any kids at E3. Now I'm completely absolved!"

At this rate, the VGAs need to have an "In Memoriam" segment for all these Trending Gamers doing stupid things.

you completely missed my point.

but judging by some last post here, it seems that a lot of people calling others (and also Dr Disrespect) idiots should also give themselves a look... so everything completely normal here as usual.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

but judging by some last post here, it seems that a lot of people calling others (and also Dr Disrespect) idiots should also give themselves a look... so everything completely normal here as usual.

Hahaha oh my god. Dr Disrespect is absolutely an idiot.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Nah, that's just humans not trying to find out what's behind the mask, so to speak.
Life's simpler that way.

Or, maybe pretending to be an asshole and doing things an asshole would do is functionally identical to being an asshole.

"Oh, that's just Billfisto, the guy who slaps food out of your hands. He's not a jerk, it's just a character he plays".

you completely missed my point

Wait, what was your point, exactly?

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

He video taped underage boy in a bathroom going pee and you come into a thread to try to defend him and blame it on the E3 staff. No I'm pretty good with my position that he's a disgusting sick human being and so are the sick disgusting idiots in here trying to defend him.

Quantza

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Or, maybe pretending to be an asshole and doing things an asshole would do is functionally identical to being an asshole.

"Oh, that's just Billfisto, the guy who slaps food out of your hands. He's not a jerk, it's just a character he plays".

Nobody's just an asshole. Yeah, he's an idiot, but if everyone's gonna keep memeing and categorising people all day through the news that we read, not sure why we have forums or social media anymore.

You can predict the outcome: valid outrage, but it's still pointless. I probably shouldn't have commented anyway.

Oct 28, 2017
He video taped underage boy in a bathroom going pee and you come into a thread to try to defend him and blame it on the E3 staff. No I'm pretty good with my position that he's a disgusting sick human being and so are the sick disgusting idiots in here trying to defend him.

You have an opinion, that is a really good thing, everyone should have one! ;)

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Nothing out of the ordinary was shown. You can usually get that same exact view from outside of bathrooms here in the US because they're complete shit with little privacy. People need to stop being so offended by things.

Come on bro. Real life isn't like your anime. Just think back and take not how quite a few guys will still use a stall to piss instead of a urinal. It is a big deal for quite a few men. Have some empathy and better awareness.

Oct 27, 2017
There are all sorts of predictable reasons why E3 has a "no minors" *policy*—not law, mind you—none of which are "a grown man might be illegally recording you in the public bathroom".

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
I watched the entire stream, which was one of the most entertaining I've ever seen.

Nothing out of the ordinary was shown. You can usually get that same exact view from outside of bathrooms here in the US because they're complete shit with little privacy. People need to stop being so offended by things.

The camera man should have used better discretion. I'm sure he'll be back by Monday.

The fuck? ...broadcasting to the world, folks using a private facility to urinate or otherwise is not that big of a deal?

Oct 28, 2017

thought it was pretty clear, at least others got it.

keeping it simple, he is for sure to blame for this stupid thing of filming in the bathroom (probably more who was handing the camera but he's the face so he's responsible anyway), I'm not defending THIS thing anyway and I felt uncomfortable myself while watching it live.
But I go proud of myself (in a lot of cases not just this) to be just as open minded to not just raise the pitchfork and call the gallows on anyone or anything with this ease.

tough, as I quoted, the whole "minor" thing should at least kept out of discussion (more from the press I think), cause some OTHER in that case hasn't done his job correctly, admitting an underage to an expo/con that is not allowed for children/underage.

end of the story by my side.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Shit like this is why its fucking embarrassing to be a 'gamer' anymore in this day and age. I mean look at this sad excuse of a fuckwit that cant even work out basic laws, heralded as the cream of the crop on the biggest streaming platform.

This is the best of the best in gaming lol. Hes barely even a functioning adult and that's being generous.
Preach!

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lawyers? Is there any indication that this even escalated to something that serious? I don't recall him getting arrested, unless I missed that part of the story.

He committed a misdemeanor and live streamed it. You don't need to get arrested to want a lawyer. Hell I got cited for underage drinking and my parents forced me to use a lawyer to plead down. I was never arrested.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Lawyers? Is there any indication that this even escalated to something that serious? I don't recall him getting arrested, unless I missed that part of the story.

It's definitely that serious. Even if he isn't charged, there still could be civil cases brought against Doc and the camera man. Not sure if Twitch or the expo would be involved in it, but I'm sure they're covering their bases.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
thought it was pretty clear, at least others got it.

keeping it simple, he is for sure to blame for this stupid thing of filming in the bathroom (probably more who was handing the camera but he's the face so he's responsible anyway), I'm not defending THIS thing anyway and I felt uncomfortable myself while watching it live.
But I go proud of myself (in a lot of cases not just this) to be just as open minded to not just raise the pitchfork and call the gallows on anyone or anything with this ease.

tough, as I quoted, the whole "minor" thing should at least kept out of discussion (more from the press I think), cause some OTHER in that case hasn't done his job correctly, admitting an underage to an expo/con that is not allowed for children/underage.

end of the story by my side.
Good lord this isn't a both sides "they were no angel" issue.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, him cheating is none of our business per se, since we have no idea what is going on in their relationsship, and is nothing compared to this latest thing (unless I am missing a point you are making).
I respectfully disagree with the whole "him cheating is none of our business". If he were any of us, a nobody on the internet/world, sure, none of our business. But he's one of the most watched and influential dudes on the platform, thousands of kids/teens watch his antics daily. His actions carry some weight, and to be sending those kinds of signals that "is ok to cheat on your partner, just look how I got away with it", is not something a grown ass man should be doing. In this case "look how I broke once again Twitch TOS and disrespect people privacy and get away with it".

Is the same reason why people were pissed at ProJared, and pissed at Ninja -the whole "I don't play with girls on stream so people don't think I'm cheating" instead of using your huge pull to educate your audience and not being jeopardizing women-, look at how this kids are seeing you (I know parents should be doing their work to educate their kids, but let's be real, few of them actually do).

So yeah, I get that a lot of this stuff should be dealt in private and away from us, but I don't like how people downplay the actions of big influencers like that. We are all human, we all make mistakes, I get it, but own them, heal properly, make a statement, then return.

Kaiken

Oct 25, 2017
What an idiot. Never liked the guy. Also, shocked at the amount of people defending this moron in here. WTF is wrong with you people?

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
It's definitely that serious. Even if he isn't charged, there still could be civil cases brought against Doc and the camera man. Not sure if Twitch or the expo would be involved in it, but I'm sure they're covering their bases.
Sure that could happen. But, I'm asking if there are updates or anything on what's actually happening right now.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I watched the entire stream, which was one of the most entertaining I've ever seen.

The camera man should have used better discretion. I'm sure he'll be back by Monday.

Yeah man, people need to stop being offended by the idea of being filmed in a bathroom without giving consent.

The fuck is wrong with you?

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I respectfully disagree with the whole "him cheating is none of our business". If he were any of us, a nobody on the internet/world, sure, none of our business. But he's one of the most watched and influential dudes on the platform, thousands of kids/teens watch his antics daily. His actions carry some weight, and to be sending those kinds of signals that "is ok to cheat on your partner, just look how I got away with it", is not something a grown ass man should be doing. In this case "look how I broke once again Twitch TOS and disrespect people privacy and get away with it".

Is the same reason why people were pissed at ProJared, and pissed at Ninja -the whole "I don't play with girls on stream so people don't think I'm cheating" instead of using your huge pull to educate your audience and not being jeopardizing women-, look at how this kids are seeing you (I know parents should be doing their work to educate their kids, but let's be real, few of them actually do).

So yeah, I get that a lot of this stuff should be dealt in private and away from us, but I don't like how people downplay the actions of big influencers like that. We are all human, we all make mistakes, I get it, but own them, heal properly, make a statement, then return.

Didn't he make a statement regarding his cheating? I can see your points, but I don't agree with them since kids isn't suppose to watch him since (I now assume) is intended for a mature audience.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
If this is a misdemeanor in California he probably won't go to jail. He may pay a small fine. He shouldnt be worried about the law but rather civil suits. That could hurt his career and wallet.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
drdisrespect is 37 years old

he should know better than to film people in a bathroom lol

what is twitch supposed to do when he livestreams that on their site?

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't he make a statement regarding his cheating? I can see your points, but I don't agree with them since kids isn't suppose to watch him since (I now assume) is intended for a mature audience.
I give that to him, he actually apologized out of character, then returned two weeks later in grandiose fashion like nothing happened. Seems like he was quickly forgiven by his wife. Fair game. And yeah, much like kids shouldn't be allowed at E3, they shouldn't be watching the Doc, but there's not much we can do it about it.

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017

I think kids are the only people that watch him. I'd be worried if an adult found his channel entertaining lol