• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why shouldn't he? Breaking the law, especially when it comes to privacy of others, ESPECIALLY when it comes to underage kids, is probably a line in the sand Twitch should draw.

Not saying they will, but like, people with TV shows get their shit cancelled for less than this.

I think you're making it a bigger deal than it is. It was really irresponsible and foolish but it's like a low tier crime. No one was actually hurt by this. Having weed in your possession is also a crime in many places that doesn't mean you should be banned for it.

Twitch would allow ISIS beheadings if they saw any profit in it.

Yeah this is what I mean.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
I think you're making it a bigger deal than it is. It was really irresponsible and foolish but it's like a low tier crime. No one was actually hurt by this. Having weed in your possession is also a crime in many places that doesn't mean you should be banned for it.
Well, there you have it, ERA. As long as you don't physically injure someone, filming people in a bathroom is no biggie.

What the fuck.

Zelenogorsk

Banned
Mar 1, 2018
Somehow this whole situation is actually less embarrassing then the time he apologized on stream for cheating on his wife.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I am quite disappointed there's as much defending of him here as there is. There's just no hope of shit-bags being held responsible for their actions when they're Funny-Funny-McStreamer, I guess.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
What do you consider an appropriate punishment?
He should be permanently banned from Twitch. Between the racism and filming in a public restroom 4 times, with bystanders being seen, Twitch should have zero tolerance. The individuals who were filmed without their consent using the restroom, as well as the guardians of the minor who was filmed, should also consider legal action.

Oct 31, 2017
For filming in a public restroom? you're deluded if you don't think my twitch account would be instantly gone forever if I did that.
How familiar are you with Twitch, because they don't just instantly ban forever. There are allegations out there about other regular sized streamers that are worse than this and they're still streaming to this day. Sub buttons still available.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I can't imagine them handing down a perma-ban for an offense on someones first time live streaming. That's why I've been interested in the actual official consequences of this.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
I can't imagine them handing down a perma-ban for an offense on someones first time live streaming. That's why I've been interested in the actual official consequences of this.
He broke the law no? He also got kicked out of E3 because of it. I doubt they'd ban him from the venue. Twitch is another thing all together considering the amount of viewers he gets. I'm surprised they haven't caved yet.

Oct 31, 2017
Many established decent sized streamers like Dansgaming have directly said that if streamer to pull hot shit like this and was anyone else than DrDisrespect we wouldn't be talking about return streams. Streamer would have been perma banned on the spot.
Dan is entitled to his opinion, but I can't see anybody going down permanently for this type of misdemeanor. Especially when Twitch has established how inconsistent they are over time.

You got streamers that were directly tied to the CSGO lotto scandal still streaming, the two streamers that physically assaulted each other at an event unbanned and thriving, streamers receiving strikes for hate speech on multiple occasions still streaming, a streamer that choked her cat live on stream that got sidelined for two years that is unbanned, a streamer that told a suicidal girl to kill herself (he got unbanned then quit because of the backlash), the streamer that hit his wife on stream that got hit with the two week ban and only got perma'd because of the media pressure, multiple occasions of streamers with comically bad takes on depression/anxiety, the streamer that said kids with cancer should die, the streamer that painted herself black for her Apex cosplay got unbanned after 30 days.

Some of those are directly involved with the law and it didn't stop them from returning. They do absolutely play favorites though, that can't be denied. Even Ice Poseidon got like 8 strikes before they said enough.

Last edited:

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
If he was more regular sized Twitch streamer he would have gotten perma-banned by Twitch.

Edit: Because he is huge and print fuckton of cash for Twitch (his return stream will be money print) they have different special rules from him, which is fucking pathetic

Do you have any source/ proof of this or it's ''tales from my ass'' ?

Lot of people seem to go with the latter from what I've read.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

It's obvious to anyone following Twitch culture and many established and even large streamers talk about it because they hate it. Twitch is big on given shit ton of passes and freedom to their "stars" that generate a lots of cash. Moderation on Twitch is years old and ongoing back and forth between company and streamers, one large issue it being very inconsistent and favoring big names just because of, well, cash. E.g. Dropped Frames podcast has talked about this more than once over its existence.

Are these streamers, who does this for living and been doing it for years successfully, also doing ''tales from my ass''?

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
It's obvious to anyone following Twitch culture and many established and even large streamers talk about it because they hate it. Twitch is big on given shit ton of passes and freedom to their "stars" that generate a lots of cash. Moderation on Twitch is years old and ongoing back and forth between company and streamers, one large issue it being very inconsistent and favoring big names just because of, well, cash. E.g. Dropped Frames podcast has talked about this more than once over its existence.

Are these streamers, who does this for living and been doing it for years successfully, also doing ''tales from my ass''?

So it's just made up nonsense with no official word to back it up.

Expected as much, cool.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Who cares about Twitch response, he violated the law. At minimum he broke California Penal Code 647(j), "invasion of privacy". It's a crime for a person to view the inside of a bathroom via a camera. For each person on camera, he could get up to 6 months in prison and a fine of up to $1000. If any victim is under the age of 18, both maximums double.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Expected as much, cool.
Are you actually saying you don't believe in preferential treatment unless there is literally a written rule stating that it will be given? L O fucking L.

Wrap it up folks, the twitch bylaws don't mention it, therefore it has never happened.

Big streamers get away with shit that absolutely gets you banned if you're a smaller streamer. There's not even denying that shit. Look at big streamers that have accidentally slipped a boob out for example, smaller streamers doing that get permed as soon as it gets reported.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017

Expected as much, cool.
Preferential treatment is a thing that exists on any platform. ESPECIALLY when the person in question makes the platform a LOT of money.

Where in the world is your source that Twitch almost never pulls out the permaban card for smaller egregious first time offenders?
Like doesn't livestreamfails consistently post content from smaller channels that result in a permaban?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Who cares about Twitch response, he violated the law. At minimum he broke California Penal Code 647(j), "invasion of privacy". It's a crime for a person to view the inside of a bathroom via a camera. For each person on camera, he could get up to 6 months in prison and a fine of up to $1000. If any victim is under the age of 18, both maximums double.
I mean the person holding the camera is in more trouble then him right?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't his channel being the place it was broadcast and him being the one paying as well as directing them play into it? It'd probably just be a fine anyway, which he'll probably make many multiple times more than during his return stream.
Well was more a question on the law part of this. "Who cares about Twitch response, he violated the law. "

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Twitch definitely has different standards for different streamers. Trihex says the f-word? He gets his account banned for one month. Calebheart42 says the n-word and all kinds of screenshots from his Discord link which show that racism was not the only problem, but also rampant transphobia and all kinds of other stuff? One week ban.

Then you have stuff like this: based off the whole core values meme, streamer FlareRDB (who usually gets around 400-500 viewers at most) uploaded an emote called "muhCoreValues" when that meme was hot based off this artwork by his girlfriend Citrine (it was literally this pic of Rouge the Bat she drew, just shrunk down in emote size and focused on the boobs):
https://twitter.com/Melangetic/status/1096727251331309568

Fake edit: Ah, here's a link that shows the emote itself from when it was available:

But then the emote got removed and he got a strike an his account for that and was banned for uploading emotes for 90 days for allegedly violating the Twitch TOS. But like he says here when that happens, he found that strange, since he found nothing in the Twitch TOS the emote actually violates and there a tons of people with both ass and boobs emotes just like that and there's nothing particularly different about that one (like I know off the top of my head Brossentia, a pretty cool due by the way, has ohnoBooty, which is just a butt and no more or less lewed, and appanretly that's fine, and obviously there are all kinds of orgasm face emotes/lewd emotes on Twitch as well):
https://twitter.com/FlareRDB/status/1107700487384641537

So anyway, like he says there, he appealed the decision. But it took them like two months to respond. And when they finally did respond, this is what they said:
https://twitter.com/FlareRDB/status/1126880901625995264

With of course the absurdity about that, beyond the Twitch staff responsible for it not signing their name like they're supposed to making it hard to know who to contact and it taking two months for them to send that out, being the "the TOS is not set in stone line" as Flare points out, since like what does that mean? If the TOS isn't set in stone, and it's basically up to each person to interpret it the way they seem fit (something else they mentioned in a different follow-up email which he didn't post) then how can he know what that something is or isn't when it's apparently so in flux? They literally admitted in not so many words in that email that different standards apply to different people and they can choose to ban people, or not ban people or whatever they feel like at any given time because "the TOS is not set in stone" so they don't have to explain anything.

But anyway, the point here being that he still to this day (and note the date on this tweets; this has been going on since March for him) has not actually gotten a clear answer of what part of the Twitch TOS he violated and why he deserved a 90 day emote ban for that Rouge emote and to have that emote removed, why he deserved that when there are tons of similar emotes with butts or boobs and cleavage and stuff that are just fine, beyond just "the TOS is not set in stone." And that's all he really wants at this point. Like, he's said on stream that he'd be fine with it if Twitch could just say that "yeah, cleavage is against the rules now, so you can't have any emotes with cleavage in them now" as silly as that would be as at least that would be a clear, workable standard.

But instead, they gave him nothing. Just "the Twitch TOS is not set in stone." So that gives him no info about what might or might not get him another strike on his account/banned from uploading emotes again as he can't get a clear answer as what part of the TOS his muhCoreValues emote. As at least if you know what the rules are, even if you don't agree with them, you can avoid running afoul of them in the future. But they won't give even that much, which is just making him not feel safe on Twitch because he has no idea when or if something like that will happen to him again and since it happened once, with so little explanation, it can happen again.

And of course it's not the first thing something like that has happened to him/his girlfriend. Like back in the day, this was years ago, but nonetheless it was a thing that happened that a certain mega-streamer, who I won't name to respect Flare's wishes (as this was years ago and he's accepted nothing will be done about it and actually naming names now, well, the only thing that that could possibly do is get that mega-streamers fans upset and cause them to brigade his chat accusing him of making up lies and he wants to avoid that which is why he has a no-names policy to avoid stuff like that as much as possible) called him the n-word and had his chat harass Flare's all the time and just brigade his chat, but Twitch did not care. And Flare has the logs to prove it. He doesn't like to usually cause drama and likes to have a "no-names" policy to avoid that like I said but one day he was just like "fuck it" and posted the logs and screenshots he had in his subs-only Discord and I was there when that happened and can definitely speak to that, though I didn't save them myself and no longer have access to it myself since I'm not currently subscribed, and it was probably like over a year sicne he posted that stuff. And on top of that, then there's tons of people that like to just trace and steal the artwork that Citrine uses for Flare's emotes on the channel, and Twitch is just whatever towards that since its so hard to prove that kinda stuff even when its obvious

But of course the point of all that being that Twitch clearly does have different standards for different people. There's no way to make sense of this stuff otherwise.

unrealist

Oct 27, 2017
I think ERA really represents a minority vocal (just like elections). We all dislike something/someone, the masses like them instead. We all wish DrDisrespect would be banned forever, but out there, a majority of gamers like him and can't wait for him to be unbanned. I think the ban did made him even more famous now. Even without going live.. his chat is going nuts now..

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
mshckd.gif